Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to avoid gambling appearing on your bank statement?

• 22-02-2012 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

My bank statement is starting to look ridiculous, and I'm aware that it looks bad if I were to apply for a loan. I've got a 1k loan before when there was plenty of gambling activity in my account, but in the grand scheme of things thats not really big.

I know some people use money cards etc, but what is the best card or service to use that most bookies accept.

I don't mind leaving cash in the bigger bookies accounts, but with some of the 'smaller' ones I'm reluctant to.

Cheers,

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If asked always say it's for someone who doesn't have a bank card and you get the cash to cover the debits ;).
    I don't mind leaving cash in the bigger bookies accounts, but with some of the 'smaller' ones I'm reluctant to.

Very valid point these days.
    Personally any of the "old established" online bookies would be fine
    Personal choice: Betfred, SJ, 365, PP, Boyles, Hills, Lads, 888, Coral, VC & Bluesq.
    Established exchanges as well would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

CardinalJ wrote: »
    My bank statement is starting to look ridiculous, and I'm aware that it looks bad if I were to apply for a loan. I've got a 1k loan before when there was plenty of gambling activity in my account, but in the grand scheme of things thats not really big.

I know some people use money cards etc, but what is the best card or service to use that most bookies accept.

Cheers,

John

If Paypal is an option, use it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Open a moneybookers account.

You'll be able to transfer money to it from your bank account and from here you can send it back and forth to almost all of the online bookmakers.
    You will also get a moneybookers Mastercard so you can spend your funds online or offline or withdraw at an ATM.

No transactions on your bank account after the transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Open up a separate bank account with another institution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pay Pal is the most obvious conduit as that just shows up as a credit/debit in the name of your credit card on your account.

edit no it doesn't - I just checked its a separate entry "POS Paypal"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Triangla wrote: »
    Open up a separate bank account with another institution.
    If you apply for a loan your credit history is checked with all financial institutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

frat wrote: »
    If you apply for a loan your credit history is checked with all financial institutions.

AFAIK only loans with other financial institutions will show in a credit check. A bank can't find out if you hold a current a/c (for example) with a different bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phantasmagoria

you can lodge cash on to cards with some chains in their shops. problem solved.
    I wouldn't recommend leaving cash sitting in an account - too tempting to bet it on something you probably dont have a fixed opinion on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Just open a Telephone account with one of the chains. If you need to deposit just go into the shop and they'll put it in straight away. If you want to withdraw just call them up and get them to send out a cheque. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

o2 money card is an option. Top up in any payzone location and bet away with no history of it on your bank account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭smndly

Paypal's a really good option and it makes it incredibly easy to transfer funds from one bookie to another. When I withdraw, I sometimes transfer the money from every bookies to paypal then put it into my Paddy Power account then just use my cash card to get it out. Bank knows nothing.

jwaters25 wrote: »
    does anybody no any betting websites that accept 02 cards except pp or boyles

Surely as its a visa card they all accept it? Skybet do anyways

jwaters25 wrote: »
    ye but she.s telling me i cant withdraw on to the o2 card
    she said just withdraw into your bank but as in trying to get mortage in coming years i dont wanna do that

I only deposited once into Skybet and didnt need to withdraw. Cheers for the heads up tho as like you i dont want it on my bank account when looking for a mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Best way to avoid gambling appearing on your bank statement?

Stop Gambling!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Zombie

Advertisement