Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin v Kerry. All Ireland Football Final 2011 *** Mod Warning Post #647 ***

• 28-08-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

It's like a dream come through.

I'm already re-living the great All Ireland Football Finals of my childhood.

Two sides who can play football.

Who is going to come out on top?

My money is on Kerry. Dublin just don't have the experience.

Who will win, Dublin or Kerry 86 votes

Dublin
    0% 0 votes
    Kerry
    100% 86 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

reliving the first all ireland i was at in 85. kerry won that one, can't see them losing this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭bren2001

Kerry are favorites and are going to step up on the day. The question is will Dublin step it up to the level required. I don't think anybody can answer that until September 18th comes around. Kerry have the experience but Dublin want it more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Well at least Dublin will be going into this game as massive underdogs, so that's a help.Dublin have it in them to beat kerry on the day its not an impossibility.I would be quietly confident that we can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Does having a Dublin season ticket guarantee a ticket for the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Well at least we can watch a great AI final between two sides who can play the game. If Dublin manage to win then I'd be very surprised.

I don't think so but it's a possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm pretty sure it does once it's obviously a football ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

Will there be any tickets going on sale through ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

I'm pretty sure it does once it's obviously a football ticket.

Yeah, it's a football one.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

groomek wrote: »
    Will there be any tickets going on sale through ticketmaster?

None, all final ticket sales are through clubs and county boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DiscoHugh

probably should be a separate tickets thread! dying for one. and will be flying home from barcelona if i could swing a ticket but not club affiliated and no contacts so not likely :(

Think the semi as horrible as it was, was perfect for Dublin. will be underdogs now with minimal hype.

I actually wasn't overly impressed with Kerry's performance against Mayo so I don't think they should be as big as favourites as they will be. Donegal make every team look atrocious too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Depends on what you have attended.

In order to qualify for an All-Ireland Final ticket you must attend 60% or more of the total number of matches your county plays in the League & Championship in 2011.

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/qualifying-for-all-ireland-tickets/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

We're definitely underdogs especially after that display against Donegal. But I certainly don't think that we're going to get thrashed. We can do it alright, don't doubt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

On behalf of me and the rest of the mods, please go easy on us :o

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Daysha wrote: »
    On behalf of me and the rest of the mods, please go easy on us :o

Who, Kerry?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

loremolis wrote: »
    Who, Kerry?

lol no the mods! :)

I can't see past Kerry tbh, I thought Dublin had more about them but today was very disappointing, it was nothing but a tough game today but I can see Kerry playing hell with the Dublin backline.

Still who the hell knows, am happy that Donegal got beat, that type of football is disgusting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

yop wrote: »
    lol no the mods! :)

I can't see past Kerry tbh, I thought Dublin had more about them but today was very disappointing, it was nothing but a tough game today but I can see Kerry playing hell with the Dublin backline.

Still who the hell knows, am happy that Donegal got beat, that type of football is disgusting to watch.

Dublins chances of winning this years All Ireland are less than my chances of landing on the moon.

teednab-el wrote: »
    Dublins chances of winning this years All Ireland are less than my chances of landing on the moon.

For your plesure :Dhttp://youtu.be/CnZNe-Xde3g

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Should make a cracking final,a good open game of football none of this negative sh*t and Kerry coming out on top by 4 or 5 points.

Still better than Cork's chances. Cork can't do anything because they're not in the tournament anymore. They're not good enough. Don't be upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

If Dublin can reproduce the form they showed against Tyrone then it will be Kerry for the holidays:D

• Advertisement

Still better than Cork's chances. Cork can't do anything because they're not in the tournament anymore. They're not good enough. Don't be upset.

Im not upset at all, sure we won the competition last year and we beat Dublin on the way. And if you are talking about being good enough, We will see how good Dulin are against Kerry.

Im not upset at all, sure we won the competition last year and we beat Dublin on the way. And if you are talking about being good enough, We will see how good Dulin are against Kerry.

We will indeed. We won't see Cork there though - because just to reiterate - they're not in the tournament anymore. I'm happy that you're not upset though; I mean, Kerry are in the final. Dublin are in the final. I know how much Cork people just love those two teams. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,034 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kerry by 4-6 points for me...

Kerry are better team. I give Dublin a chance and I wish them well, but I think Kerry have too much class.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

I reckon the Kingdom men will win by at least 5 points, but i really would love to see the Dubs lifting Sam hopefully a cracker awaits us..

We will indeed. We won't see Cork there though - because just to reiterate - they're not in the tournament anymore. I'm happy that you're not upset though; I mean, Kerry are in the final. Dublin are in the final. I know how much Cork people just love those two teams. :cool:

Your the one talking about Cork not me. I know Cork are out and were beaten well by Mayo, that game is now long gone. As a Corkman I would like to see Dublin win as its been a good while since Dublin have collected Sam and would like to see Sam going around. Best of Luck to them but like I said earlier its a very big ask against a quality Kerry side.

Kerry should win easily by 5 points or more but it wont be a repeat of the 2009 quarter final. I expect Dublin to play better this time around like the 2007 semi final but will still come up short. Hope I am wrong and if so I will be the first to take it back.

Your the one talking about Cork not me. I know Cork are out and were beaten well by Mayo, that game is now long gone. As a Corkman I would like to see Dublin win as its been a good while since Dublin have collected Sam and would like to see Sam going around. Best of Luck to them but like I said earlier its a very big ask against a quality Kerry side.

Kerry should win easily by 5 points or more but it wont be a repeat of the 2009 quarter final. I expect Dublin to play better this time around like the 2007 semi final but will still come up short. Hope I am wrong and if so I will be the first to take it back.

But the question is will you land on the moon ? ;):)

realies wrote: »
    But the question is will you land on the moon ? ;):)
    What do you reckon?

What do you reckon?

:) I reckon you be staying with me cousins the moonies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Stick the mortgage on Kerry done deal..

• Advertisement

realies wrote: »
    :) I reckon you be staying with me cousins the moonies :)

I might be seeing a land of "All Stars" if Dublin beat Kerry. :D

Advertisement