Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karen Millen Ireland

• 01-01-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Have any of you ever bought from the KAren Millen Ireland website? It's much cheaper than the uk one but the original pricing seems funny. Also when you google reviews of it, there are none..am tempted to chance something and if it works then Karen millen Ireland here I come!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

It's a fake website. Don't waste your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭chatjunkie

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can I ask if the clothes are fake KAren MIllen or if they just take your money and send you nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

chatjunkie wrote: »
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Can I ask if the clothes are fake KAren MIllen or if they just take your money and send you nothing?

I don't know, but I would imagine that given that the website is registered in China with a gmail contact address, the goods are fake.

If you decide to go ahead and purchase something there's a chance that

A - the clothes will be very poor quality and not worth the money
    B - they will just take your money and not send on the goods
    C - the goods will be intercepted by customs (as fakes) and you won't receive anything

Will give it a miss so and just keep an eye on the real sale... Just shows, if it looks too good to be true,it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Always click on the Contact Us link and see what's offered. If they don't give a physical address or a proper email (ie not gmalil, hotmail) then don't touch the website.

Some digging on whois records for the domain name and I find the following - The name and address suggest China to me.
    Creation Date
    09/18/2011

Updated Date
    09/18/2011

Expiration Date
    09/18/2012

Registrant
    Lily Rose
    Wuyi Road
    Telephone: +86.59188774859
    Fax: :
    Email:

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    Always click on the Contact Us link and see what's offered. If they don't give a physical address or a proper email (ie not gmalil, hotmail) then don't touch the website.

Great advice! Good to know! Am a sucker for a bargain...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bellieella

I ordered from one of these cheaper Karen millen
    Websites recently and received my dress in over a week
    The dress was fab, looks the same to me anyway, if it is a fake it's a very good one
    And at the end of the day we all like something half price

I would suggest that you always pay by PayPal
    As there seems to be more security for you and your card :-))

bellieela Buying from counterfeit websites is never to be recommended. Besides the counterfeit aspect, you could be leaving your credit card and personal information open to fraud.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bellieella

Dudara

I am giving my own personal experience
    In the quote regarding the dress that I received !!

PayPal was suggested as a payment method
    Are they not safe ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Alexh

I was also thinking about buying from them as something I have been looking for is there but sold out here. Are you sure it's fake?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Alexh wrote: »
    I was also thinking about buying from them as something I have been looking for is there but sold out here. Are you sure it's fake?

Of course it's fake. You can only buy KM on their official website, stand alone stores or concessions like Brown Thomas. You can also find genuine pieces on ebay.

If it looks too good to be true, well it is. Look at the news section on Karen Millen Ireland, you can barely make it out the English is so bad. http://www.karenmillen-ireland.com/news/ Definitely not something a brand like KM would have on their official website.

Save yourself the hassle and buy from a guaranteed seller. You won't get fakes, you won't get scammed. If your dress is out of stock see if a store can order it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Delsar

Oh no I think I made a huge mistake! I bought a coat on the karen millen ireland website 2 weeks ago. Have tried to contact them but to no avail. The transaction is showing on my credit card but no package and no tracking number received. Anything I can do??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Delsar wrote: »
    Oh no I think I made a huge mistake! I bought a coat on the karen millen ireland website 2 weeks ago. Have tried to contact them but to no avail. The transaction is showing on my credit card but no package and no tracking number received. Anything I can do??

Call your credit card compay and see if you can do a charge-back.

Thanks for that Pythia

Any joy getting your money back?

Any joy getting your money back?

Would you believe the coat arrived today! Don't use the site tho - the stress when I realised how stupid I was isn't worth a cheap coat.

Agh really? Well at least it arrived. Is the quality good, would you tell from looking at it that it's fake. I'm trying very hard to locate something but am having so joy so am very tempted.

Agh really? Well at least it arrived. Is the quality good, would you tell from looking at it that it's fake. I'm trying very hard to locate something but am having so joy so am very tempted.
    It's not terrible quality but....it has some threads sticking out - I'll get the scissors to those - and also one pocket is too small to get my hand into!! Can't do anything with that! Probably not obvious it's a fake on first glance but on closer inspection it is.
    It's your choice obviously but I wouldn't recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bag puss 75

Guys is this karenmillen-ireland.com? ive recently ordered form them and got an email for tracking my item, its in China so id thought something was doggie. i used my visa debt, can the money be gottenb back does anyone know?

this site obviously wansnt reported, i sent the genuine karen millen site an email about this site, so hopefuly it will be closed down. ive yet to receive my item, should be interesting to see what its like, a waste of €102 though...

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

ASOS do Karen millen stuff too, and sometimes have things that are out of stock on the main website. Might be worth checking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 balto1

Hi guys..i have stupidly oredered a dress off this website (first time ever to order anything on line) anyway they state that i would receive a tracking number..it is now nearly a week and i have not received anything..i have emailed them 4 times but they will not reply..obviosuly only noticing now thast there is no contsact number or address for them..i feel like such a fool and really dont have the money to spend on this..

balto1 wrote: »
    Hi guys..i have stupidly oredered a dress off this website (first time ever to order anything on line) anyway they state that i would receive a tracking number..it is now nearly a week and i have not received anything..i have emailed them 4 times but they will not reply..obviosuly only noticing now thast there is no contsact number or address for them..i feel like such a fool and really dont have the money to spend on this..

I feel your pain! All I can tell you is that my coat eventually arrived after about a month but I'll never use the site again. I couldn't contact them either. I can't believe it's still operating to be honest.

Thanks for reply Delsar. I have contacted my bank and they are investigating it. I have big party on 16th nov..say prayer it arrives by then n is nice on and fits me,,it will be a size 8 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ValerieGH

Delsar wrote: »

God, just reading this. I am in the same position, so basically best thing to do is wait? I've only ordered something on Sunday, same thing, no tracking number and no reaction to my emails. Or shall I conact my Credit Card service?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

What website did you order from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ValerieGH

ValerieGH wrote: »
    God, just reading this. I am in the same position, so basically best thing to do is wait? I've only ordered something on Sunday, same thing, no tracking number and no reaction to my emails. Or shall I conact my Credit Card service?

It's up to you really Valerie. My coat eventually arrived but I didn't pay the cc until after it came.

I received my dress..it doesnt fit. So im snookered now. Threads loose but still cud look gud on the right girl (skinny)..will never order anything online again..feel stupid n ripped off.

@balto1 - ordering online is perfectly fine, but you've got to buy only from reputable shops or sellers (just like you would in real life).

If you find a brand name online for a very cheap price, then alarm bells should ring. Usually it's too good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 brideog

chatjunkie wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Have any of you ever bought from the KAren Millen Ireland website? It's much cheaper than the uk one but the original pricing seems funny. Also when you google reviews of it, there are none..am tempted to chance something and if it works then Karen millen Ireland here I come!!!

It's a complete rip off they delivered a dress that looks similar to what I ordered but in different material and a different shade of red. They also won't take it back... I'm just sorry I didn't check it out first :(

Advertisement