Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Non-Christmas Songs that remind you of Christmas

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Would John Lennon 'Imagine' count?

Even with the line about' no religion', it is still a message of reflection, an aspect of life that we tend to do at Christmas. Even if the 'Christ' aspect is not nearly as relevant as it used to be.

It's an atheist Christmas message - if that's not too much of a contradiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Another one for me is Perfect Day, the cover Charity Single by the BBC for Children in Need
    As I recall it came out in November and it always makes me think of Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

otnomart wrote: »
    Another one for me is Perfect Day, the cover Charity Single by the BBC for Children in Need

Unfortunately that song will always be associated with the film 'Trainspotting' for me. And as nice a version that one is I still jump straight to that story when I hear it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

otnomart wrote: »

Came out in February I'm pretty sure ?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

Wow! I hadn't seen that version of the song in years. A little pull on the heartstrings seeing Bowie, Lou Reed and Dr John amongst others who have since moved on to the Great Gig in the Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

No surprises by radiohead and mad world by Gary jules, couple of cherry ones there

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

Talking Heads - This Must be the Place (Naïve Melody) always makes me feel warm and Christmassy. <3

https://youtu.be/JccW-mLdNe0

Talking Heads - This Must be the Place (Naïve Melody) always makes me feel warm and Christmassy. <3

https://youtu.be/JccW-mLdNe0

I love that song! I have it on several Spotify playlists, I don't associate it with Christmas though, it's more Summery to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

I love that song! I have it on several Spotify playlists, I don't associate it with Christmas though, it's more Summery to me :)

Its such a wonderful song. Always makes me feel happy! I don't know why I associate it with Christmas, just always have. This version is more Christmassy though:

https://youtu.be/6qWJPglDkB0

Also fleet foxes white winter hymnal is super Christmassy too.

https://youtu.be/DrQRS40OKNE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Any song that reminds me Christmas is a Christmas song to me, so keane song Lily Allen, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Kanye West - Runaway

From one of my favourite (modern) Christmas movies - The Night Before. If you haven’t seen it and have a dark sense of humour, I’d thoroughly recommend.

Lyrics are gonna hit hard this Christmas if we are still in lockdown though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Batgurl wrote: »
    Kanye West - Runaway

From one of my favourite (modern) Christmas movies - The Night Before. If you haven’t seen it and have a dark sense of humour, I’d thoroughly recommend.

Lyrics are gonna hit hard this Christmas if we are still in lockdown though.
    This?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    This?

Yep! So few of my friends have heard of it, never mind watched it. It’s up there with Bad Santa and Elf for me!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Batgurl wrote: »
    Yep! So few of my friends have heard of it, never mind watched it. It’s up there with Bad Santa and Elf for me!

I watched it last year. It is very good. Crude but I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

From While You Were Sleeping...

Advertisement