Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Personal items

• 26-08-2020 7:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I live in Australia and have personal and sentimental items in our rented house in Ireland .

We recently purchased a house her em and will not be returning home.

With the renter permission would it be possible to arrange a company to Retrieve and ship the boxes to me?

Is this possible has any ever experienced this ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mobile number as a username isnt a good idea..

As for your question ask your tenant to pack up the items and have a friend or family member collect them and organise to ship them. Doubt your tenant wants some company coming in rummaging around where they live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 0857651420

Rummaging?

The stuff is prepacked in the attic?

Did you have experience in a Similar situation?

User name is just random numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

There are companies out there that will pack up and ship so given it's easily accessible I'd say you just need to have a google and fire off a few emails. I'm afraid the company I know of are UK / NI based. Expect them to want to repack the stuff and it to be pretty expensive.

As for your question about your own username - only you know the answer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 0857651420

Thanks mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭itsusuallyjazz

Just for info Australia is not currently accepting any parcels/packages from Ireland.

When you find a company just check they can store for you while you wait for the borders to open up again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I posted stuff to Irelnd whwn I was living in the UK - dis it slow post way and it took forever but much much cheaper than shipping/ fedex - but things may have changed.

I’d aLso say having had (bad) experience of Australian customs that I was shocked by the things they thought were illegal and confiscated to destroy (and fine over) - might be worth having a good look at their illegal items list first - earrings made of beads (=seeds=illegal), wood photoframes=non native horticuluiral import =illegal) etc. Was quite the surprise for me.

Do you have someone who could knock at the door and ask the current tenants to give them to & they could go through the boxes and repack or post/weigh/ship? Might be easier than a company? You could offer them e50 petrol money or something for the favour - free gaff in Australia if they wanted to come out for a holiday...

Advertisement