Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Out of Season 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    ..... until the main event of the Liverpool united match :)

I was having such a good morning too.........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Where they brand new? What condition are they in?

Both in good nick!

One was the ready-lit, plug in, type - it comes in two halves that you clip together, and a stand. Lights and cones, but you can add your own ornaments.
    This one looked robust enough to be stood outdoors!!

The other was a self-assembly kind of thing, two "trunk " pieces and the lower ones had "branches" but there are also removable branches on wire hooks that you can add to fill it out.

Ive sometimes seen Christmas trees, large or small, in charity shops. I intend to snap them up!

Next year's theme was going to be Angels, but I might switch to Narnia :-) now that I've got the beginnings of a forest.

Was chatting to neighbour last night and noticed she still had the lights on her two small trees in the garden. Made a joke that she was late taking them down and she said she liked them so much she is leaving them on all year. A nice subtle Christmas reminder every time I arrive home in the dark :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I passed a house earlier this evening on the Malahide Road with outdoor Christmas lights, decorations and their Christmas tree still up! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Christmas lights still up and on in the SuperValu in Ardee today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Coming home on the train on friday and the 12th lock bar still had its external Christmas tree up with all its lights blazing away!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sscXjZR.jpg

Need a bit more of Christmas right now.

Working from home this afternoon for the first time since before christmas (using the desktop & not laptop pc) and my christmas desktop background was still up. Almost felt a shame to change it. That has to be the last christmas related item left in the house all stored away for another few months.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Work Christmas Party tonight :D Looking forward to it - even though there will be no Christmassy elements to it. Except for me, I have a gold sequin dress and at 7 months pregnant, I look like a giant gold bauble :P

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I look like a giant gold bauble :P

Love it :pac:

• Advertisement

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Work Christmas Party tonight :D Looking forward to it - even though there will be no Christmassy elements to it. Except for me, I have a gold sequin dress and at 7 months pregnant, I look like a giant gold bauble :P

Hope you have a great time CL.

Found a little silver angel candle-holder at a charity shop. Ready for next Christmas!

In the office for the first time in months & they kept my Christmas wine and choccies for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

They played the Christmas edition of QI on Sky Comedy this evening.

Finally got to watch a film last night that I recorded at Christmas. Nice to see a few Christmas ads (fast forwarded through the ads till I saw a Christmas one).

TRS30 wrote: »
    Finally got to watch a film last night that I recorded at Christmas. Nice to see a few Christmas ads (fast forwarded through the ads till I saw a Christmas one).

That happened us last weekend watching some bits we'd recorded before Christmas, drove the Mrs insane when stopping fast forwarding to watch the Guinness & Dunnes christmas adverts :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There was a god bit of heavy frost this morning felt very festive out.

There was a god bit of heavy frost this morning felt very festive out.

Was only thinking that when walking up to the office when I got off the train. Had the feel of weather more suitable for a few days before Christmas than for a few weeks after.

Enjoy it while you can, the weekend is to be a shocker.

It’s snowing heavily in parts of the country today. Very festive.

Oh I wish it would snow!

I'd make a snowman. Even put a Santa Hat on it!

And our outdoor lights are still in position, we could switch them on. So festive!

Crossing fingers, hoping for snow ....

• Advertisement

It’s snowing heavily in parts of the country today. Very festive.

Was snowing this morning when I was dropping the little lad into Montessori, he was saying all the way in that he couldn't wait to get home to build a snowman. Poor guy :o

The Christmas seat covers my wife ordered off Aliexpress last October arrived this morning!

TRS30 wrote: »
    The Christmas seat covers my wife ordered off Aliexpress last October arrived this morning!

I lol'd. :D

Someone yesterday put up on an Instagram story a video of it snowing outside and the song they had playing was Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime".

It definitely brought a smile to my face! :)

I lol'd. :D

Initially I thought she was being super organised for this Christmas till she told me the truth :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's gas, TRS. :D

Out on site in Navan this morning at silly o'clock AM, spotten a bungalow with external christmas lights still in their bushes & garden trees, all lit up & looking lovely... with all the frost/ice it had a very christmassy look to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Out for lunch this week, establishment clearly had music on shuffle. In between current and retro tunes were "Gaudette" and "Walking in the Air" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I recieved a snail mail letter yesterday from relations in West Australia. Included with the letter was a " Seasons Greetings" and " Merry Christmas" card from the family :D

• Advertisement

Sundew wrote: »
    I recieved a snail mail letter yesterday from relations in West Australia. Included with the letter was a " Seasons Greetings" and " Merry Christmas" card from the family :D

We always get a couple of these from America. Are usually early/mid January thought, don't think we ever got near mid February :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement