Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA UFC 3

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Rewatching that video on the previous page, not sure I like the idea of uppercuts being done by having to press both buttons together. Sounds a bit awkward but I do like the sound of the movement and throwing punches combined and the removal of the parry is no big deal. Removing parry means they also have changed a lot of the perks or whatever they were called that you added to your fighter in UT. There wont be ones where you add x seconds to the parry window if you have it enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lead gameplay dev Geoff Harrower has been answering questions on operation sports forums, some good info here.

The thing is, leg kicks can be used two different ways.

One is throwing them out there to try and widdle down long term health of the legs, at the risk of a check.

The other is to use them to cripple overly aggressive fighters who lunge or sway while moving forward, or throw power shots moving forwards. Catch them as they are about to put their weight on the lead leg and it does way more damage, and interrupts the attack.

It's that second case I worry about, because a lot of people are going to be overly aggressive.

Someone who gets good at timing leg kicks against predictable, aggressive opponents will absolutely demolish them.

Leg health doesn't regenerate, so once you take big damage, you really have to adapt your style to survive.

All this stuff is exactly the way I want it, I am just curious to see if the player base is sophisticated enough to handle this, or if the masses are able to figure out the leg offence game, but not the defensive game and all fights become these weird leg kicking battles.

I don't know what's going to happen.

But it's not going to be like anything you've experienced before, that I can guarantee.

O'ing people is fun, aggression is fun, and this game will make that experience a lot more exciting than what UFC 2 offered.

To them it might even feel like KO mode but with the full game.

It won't be until you get to a higher level of skill that you start to see fights lasting longer or going the distance.

Those will be the technical battles that might bore casuals, but that's what players of that skill level want.

If it plays out that way we'll hit that sweet spot we've never quite managed.

I'm excited to see if it works.

I'm sure someone will ruin it with some exploit that we'll have to fix, but right now, playing the game among the dev team, no one has found an exploit yet and the game is beautiful to play.

I can't remember if I posted this before, but from full stamina full health, if one fighter spams two leg kicks in a row that both get checked, they get a health event.

If they continue and spam two more while in the health event, there will be a leg KD

I have a question for you that you haven't been asked yet... with the new vulnerability system will you be able to knockout/hurt your opponent while you're in a head/body health event?

It was possible in UFC1. Impossible in UFC2. Is it coming back?

Still possible.

Lastly he said you can defend against kicks by checking leg kicks, staying out of range or interrupt the kicks with straight jabs. Saying that, of you misstime a jab interrupt, you will get this scenario.

rory-markham_brodie-farber.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Love when I see uouve updated this thread. Fair play for info.

This game sounds like it's going to be a big improvement. And I absolutely love the last one.

New trailer leaked this morning and taken down but not before someone downloaded it.

Some old footage in slo mo to show off the new tech but some new stuff as well. Don's movement is spot on.

Edit, adding proper video

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/929030922304815105

Beta registration closes tonight in case anyone hasn't signed up yet. Best of luck!

https://www.easports.com/ufc/beta-logged-out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Cheers for all the updates Zero. I signed up, hopefully someone on here gets in and can stream some game play.

Confirmed controls so far. These look fair complex but I'd day once you get the hang of them, they will work really well.

L1/LB technique modifier
    L2/LT body modifier
    R1/RB signature modifier (or you could think of it as another technique modifier)
    R2/RT high block/elbow/knee modifier
    R2/RT + L2/LT low block
    L2/LT + right sticks towards/away for takedowns
    L2/LT + right sticks up/down for clinch attempts
    Face buttons - jab , straight , leg kicks
    L1/LB+ face buttons - Hooks - Head kicks
    Square+X/triangle+O - Uppercuts
    R2+face buttons = knees or elbows
    Double flick and hold forward - Sprint
    Left stick - footwork/movement
    Right stick - head movement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Right stick - head movement

I can never read the words "head movement" again without seeing and hearing Edmond screaming. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Paully D wrote: »
    I can never read the words "head movement" again without seeing and hearing Edmond screaming. :pac:

First thing I thought of too.

His ground game break down was brilliant for UFC 2, this should be good. Expected some time next week.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/931039280016719873

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

His ground game break down was brilliant for UFC 2, this should be good. Expected some time next week.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/931039280016719873

When do you expect him to release that? Same time as the game release?

RebelSoul wrote: »
    When do you expect him to release that? Same time as the game release?

He said on Twitter it should be released next week. He wants it out before the beta so people can understand what they're doing instead of not understanding it basically 'I'm losing, system must suck'. He said there will be way more KO's with this system until people start defending properly and he's sure people will say it's OP'd because they don't understand it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Can't wait for this at this stage..not sure about some of the controls like uppercuts especially but I figure once we get used to it then it will feel natural. Love how they have really made it technical now and not just button bashing or spamming punches when in range.

People that dont learn how to play are going to get KO'd and those that love stand up will be rewarded for being good at it and mastering it this time. I much prefer the stand up game but used to hate where I would get rocked out of nowhere even though I was picking a guy apart or I would seemingly take as much damage as my opponent even though I had been punching and avoiding theirs for the whole round.

When is the beta due to drop do we know?

Beta is starting November 27 and running through December 1.

New striking system Dev breakdown will be out Thursday.

Also...

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/933071282400247810

Some new info and screens for Ultimate Team

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/ufc/ufc-3/ultimate-team/new-features

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Haha they gave McGregor higher stamina than Joanna! What crackhead came up with those ratings? :pac:

martyos121 wrote: »
    Haha they gave McGregor higher stamina than Joanna! What crackhead came up with those ratings? :pac:

I think these champ UT cards are more than meets the eye. Conor has higher grappling than striking and they are all in different weight divisions. I get UT has a limited amount of weight divisions but playing Anderson in the heavyweight div is just gonna be weird.

Geoff put on twitter the new striking system all stemmed from a meeting he had with Robin Black 2 years ago, class!

Gameplay videos hitting the web. Combos look class.

• Advertisement

That looks unbelievable, like an MMA version of Fight Night Champion.

No sign of a beta code yet, isn’t it today they go out?

Yupp codes being sent out in waves today good luck lads! I think that glass breaking effect is an after edit by the youtuber and not actually in the game thank ****.

Conor looks OP as **** :pac: at least he actually looks like him this time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I'm not entirely convinced. The stand up still looks somewhat robotic and those clunky animations are still present. Saying that its still the beta and I know it ain't the finished product. One thing thats very noticeable is the vulnerability. Angling your body to pull a leg back to kick and pop your face is completely un protected. That can be seen at 2;25 of that McGregor video posted above. Ground game looks the exact same too.

The main thing I notice so far is everyone seems to have stamina for days, can throw some amount of punches with 1 bar and it recovers very quickly. The output of strikes is too high atm, unrealistic but will be more fun to casual fighting fans I suppose. Not sure if it's because of them mostly being jabs thrown and Dev said jabs use very little stamina.

Also, these 'content creators' shouldn't be allowed add effects and music to the videos.

Lead gameplay dev not happy with the videos saying it was a mistake to let the gamechangers release videos before the devs could release one showing how gameplay can/should look in a proper fight.

He was asked "So why are your gamechangers playing like noobs? Doesn't seem fruitful to make the game look like this as a first impression."

Dev:
    That's a great question.

I wish we had put out a gameplay video first.

These are frustrating to watch.

For everyone worried, pay attention closely.

Way more stamina is being used than UFC 2. Way more damage is being dealt than UFC 2.

These guys are rocking and knocking each other down all over the place.

Isn't that what you want when people play like this?

How would you beat someone who plays like this?

Go aggressive right back at them?

Or play a more realistic style where you respect the increased damage and stamina?

Let's see what fights with top rank players look like come Friday.

Another vid

Also a cpu vs cpu vid:

Word is that beta keys will be sent out from 6pm our time onwards. They’re probably randomly allocated but I’ll still be pretty pissed if I don’t get one after the hundreds of hours I sunk into UFC 2. The top 20 in Live Events should automatically get one. :D

Plus you came 2nd in the boards tourney that time. If that doesn't get you 1, I don't know what will.

*Yes, I will go absolutely crazy if you get a key and I don't :D

If one of us gets one and the other doesn’t, the fairest thing to do is another 5 round Punk war to decide who gets the key. :pac:

martyos121 wrote: »
    If one of us gets one and the other doesn’t, the fairest thing to do is another 5 round Punk war to decide who gets the key. :pac:

Only fair man. I'll do up the poster.

Punk Vs Punk 2, this time...it will be as, if not more, **** than last time.

• Advertisement

Only fair man. I'll do up the poster.

Punk Vs Punk 2, this time...it will be as, if not more, **** than last time yet still do bigger numbers than a Mighty Mouse card.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

Advertisement