Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA UFC 3

• 13-05-2017 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,465 ✭✭✭✭

So, rumours of this being released early 2018. Lead gameplay dev Geoff Harrower is posting on the Operation Sports forum and he said this.
    Man, I wish we could show you what we have so far.
    But yeah, more time means we can do bigger things.
    It's going to awesome.

We had some great games of UFC 2 on here, so what changes are ye hoping to see in 3? It will be interesting to see if WME has any impact on it.

Gameplay wise, the standup still needs work. Way too many barages of high low combos which were very hard to block, counter, parry and they would be devastating online.

Modes wise, I will go mad if it's the same old career mode. I seriously hope they implement a gym mode where you create a head coach, start with a few fighters and a shyte gym. Then play as each fighter in hopefully smaller leagues before getting them to the UFC being you a bigger cut in pay to upgrade the gym, hire better coaches, customise it, etc. I think they may go down the story mode route like all sorts games these days.

Geoff have a hint of something they're working on by just posting the clip of Nate rocking Conor in the first fight with the 1-2 combo. What that means is just speculation at the moment.

So what's yer wish list?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

One thing I really want in career mode is to be able to play as a current fighter, and continue on their career as opposed to starting out again

Career mode would be so much fun playing out the career of current top dogs like McGregor, trying to stay on top with Bisping, or take a prospect like Ngannou or similar to the title

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I know it's been done to death in previous MMA games but I want the classic fight mode back. Reliving some fights from the past and trying to complete objectives in the process.

Story mode is a must for me too. With the Madden trailer just released it looks like they're going all-in on this type of thing across every EA Sports game, and it fits MMA perfectly. Hoping for something like what we got from Fight Night Champion, only with different paths based on your decisions like fight choices and where you decide to train. It needs to have real UFC fighters and figures do voice-over work though, and if that means limiting it to one weight class, so be it.

Career mode needs to be either torn up and completely reinvented or just left out altogether. I'd rather the game was developed with focus on other areas rather than ship the game with the tripe they served up in the last two iterations in terms of a career mode.

Finally, I really hope they don't change the ground game too much because I'll be damned if I'm learning all that cheese again. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I hate to be that guy but a PC release is the main thing for me. I won't be playing it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

I agree with all the above about career mode. That needs major improvement. One thing that bugs me is when you start out your career the roster is current. Then by the time you work your way up the rankings you're fighting John Ryan and other nobodies for the title.

An improved end of fight replay would be cool. UFC 2 only replayed the finishing blow, which sucked. I liked the previous version where it replayed some of the big hits or combos from the round.

I hate when you rock someone and you can't sprint across at them. Bugs the **** out of me. You knock the snot off someone and they walk backwards and can't be caught. It'd be nice if they changed that. But not when it happens to me :D

Pride mode brought back please sirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Improve the clinch and ground transition system and I'll be happy, near impossible to pull off a transition block let alone a counter
    RebelSoul wrote: »

I hate when you rock someone and you can't sprint across at them. Bugs the **** out of me. You knock the snot off someone and they walk backwards and can't be caught. It'd be nice if they changed that. But not when it happens to me :D
    This too, why is there no run button?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I hate to be that guy but a PC release is the main thing for me. I won't be playing it otherwise.

Already confirmed at an EA quarterly report that it won't be.

The only EA Sports title that will be coming out on PC is Fifa

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Lukker- wrote: »
    Already confirmed at an EA quarterly report that it won't be.

The only EA Sports title that will be coming out on PC is Fifa

I'll cross my fingers that UFC 4 in who knows how many years makes it to PC. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,465 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

https://twitter.com/MartialMind1/status/892986247110512640

Guy:If ea can't even do a simple thing like add a running mechanic in that ufc like the old ones then I don't see myself buying this one.

Dev: Relax. Trust me on this. You will be pleased.
    tps://twitter.com/MartialMind1/status/892986247110512640

1st off, EA UFC 2 is 9 euro on the psn store at the moment.

2nd, EA UFC 3 official reveal on Friday.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/925754326747721728

3rd, check out Conor in the suit. Is that Tony??

432144.jpg

• Advertisement

Looks like press conferences are in the game so, deadly! Wonder if there’ll be a first-person Monster™ throwing mini-game? :D

What annoys me is the judges decisions. You can thrash someone for 3 rounds and the decision goes against you. Also the commentary needs to be fixed up a lot.

Yeah should be easy for the AI to count significant strikes, takedowns, etc to come up with a realistic result instead of a coin toss decision.

I hope they get the new commentary teams in. Joe didn't sound arsed in UFC 2, he was much better in UFC 1.

Dev confirmed the teaser was all in-game footage, not gameplay but not CGI either. He also said the Friday trailer will consist of gameplay giving at the mighty mouse takedown to armbar. Lastly he said he's unable to play UFC 2 anymore as 3 is such a step up.

This excites me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Played UFC 2 for 50+ hours and still couldn't figure out how to block / reverse transitions, I remember it being unnecessarily complicated (holding r2 and press up on the right stick at the right time or some nonsense) this needs to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Character models still look janky AF

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

ShaneU wrote: »
    Played UFC 2 for 50+ hours and still couldn't figure out how to block / reverse transitions, I remember it being unnecessarily complicated (holding r2 and press up on the right stick at the right time or some nonsense) this needs to be fixed.

It's actually really easy once you figure it.

Basically whichever way the opponent moves first, you hold r2 and flick the right stick that direction.

So if he's in your full guard and trying to pass to half, he'll either move to the left or the right. Look at the character animations, and flick to the direction they move.

To be honest, most people tend to choose the same path of transitioning on the ground from certain positions, everyone rushing to try and mount, or to side control. It's about predicting those and then using that momentum to get off your back.

When two people that understand blocking transitions and how to transition properly are on the ground fighting, it's actually a very satisfying chess match. Your left trying to predict your opponents next few steps and try and counter them. Which is how BJJ should be represented really.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Incredibly excited lads. I poured hours into the UFC 2 game but recently I can't play it anymore due to the leg kickers and body to head combo merchants.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Played UFC 2 for 50+ hours and still couldn't figure out how to block / reverse transitions
    D.Q wrote: »
    When two people that understand blocking transitions and how to transition properly are on the ground fighting, it's actually a very satisfying chess match. Your left trying to predict your opponents next few steps and try and counter them. Which is how BJJ should be represented really.

Yeah, I found the best thing to do was give Martyos (on here) a few friendly matches. He's basically the Khabib of EA UFC 2 and you get to learnt he ground game pretty good sparring with him. I was fighting him in the Boards Tourney final best of 3. Came to the last fight were we both decided to pick CM Punk to make it as fair as possible. Turned into a complete chess match on the ground, was a great laugh.

One thing I hope they get rid of is the ease of KOing someone once you're in mount. I know mount is supposed to be dangerous but if you get someone good on top of you, it becomes almost impossible to get out of. Blocking means you eventually get KO'd, escaping means you get hit with significant strikes, just like the first fight in the vid below.

14murphy wrote: »
    Incredibly excited lads. I poured hours into the UFC 2 game but recently I can't play it anymore due to the leg kickers and body to head combo merchants.

Yeah the devs said they have fixed this, how I'm not sure but it was my main annoyance in online matches. Guys constantly spamming high/low with little punishment.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah, I found the best thing to do was give Martyos (on here) a few friendly matches. He's basically the Khabib of EA UFC 2 .

Yeah it's strange, I'd consider myself to have a good understanding of the ground mechanics, but every now and again on ranked I come up against an absolute monster who just schools me on the ground again.

I really can't wait for the new game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

RebelSoul wrote: »
    This excites me

Me too , i want it now

I appreciate being called the Khabib of Boards UFC, Zero.

Hopefully you’ll all appreciate this in a few months time, I’m gonna turn the mic on and use my best Dagestani accent:

Mj6GM3.gif

At least you turn up to fight unlike that bollix!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

CM Punk throwing a proper punch, defending a take down, performing a reversal..forgot how unrealistic this game can be at times! :D

The worst feeling of my gaming career was getting battered by CM Punk in full mount, irrespective of the fact I was CM Punk as well. Painful so painful. Damn you marty.

Great little tourney that was.

So trailer releasing at 9am Pacific time so should 4pm our time with the time difference at the moment.

Devs said it will be all gameplay footage and the cover star will be announced. Conor = Money so will be mad if he's not on it but I think Mighty Mouse might join him on the cover.

MM put this up. Gameplay of the weigh in.

142899d1509657423-ea-sports-ufc-3-first-look-arrives-november-3-img_20171102_171202_447.jpg

Apparently Knockout Mode is returning (street fighter style power bars, only standup) and it will have Snoop commentating :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

When do we expect this to be released based on the time between info dropping and the release of UFC 2? I played the other one to death, still do but this has me getting excited. Hopefully they really improve career mode, I spent most of my time on UT and that wasnt even that great in the end because of the trading in setup they had with cards and it just became stale quickly. I just preferred using my own fighters and that was the main reason I stuck with it.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Apparently Knockout Mode is returning (street fighter style power bars, only standup) and it will have Snoop commentating :pac:

Hahaha that's fantastic. Has the footage started somewhere?

• Advertisement

MMA Road Show podcast leaking stuff:

In Ultimate Team, you can have a roster of created fighters but also buy real fighters to join your team. Dunno how I feel about this, it will just turn into Jon Jones and McGregors instead of created fighters.

Career mode has you building your social media, deciding how to respond to callouts by other fighters.

Snoop commentating in KO Mode

Possible February release.

Advertisement