Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin 12 House to rent

• 20-10-2015 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi

Thinking of maybe buying this house and renting it for a few years to pay mortgage - http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/12-kildare-road-crumlin-dublin-12/3318413

What is this area like?

what would it rent for as is ?

What is rental like in this area ? would it be likely students or nurses in James hospital that would rent it ? or family ? Is demand high in this area ?

What are bus links etc to town like?

Anybody renting similar in this area at present and what rent do you pay ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

harry999 wrote: »
    Hi

Thinking of maybe buying this house and renting it for a few years to pay mortgage - http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/12-kildare-road-crumlin-dublin-12/3318413

What is this area like?

what would it rent for as is ?

What is rental like in this area ? would it be likely students or nurses in James hospital that would rent it ? or family ? Is demand high in this area ?

What are bus links etc to town like?

Anybody renting similar in this area at present and what rent do you pay ?

Thanks

I notice you have to open the kitchen door outwards to get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Are you planning on renting as is or redecorating?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

as is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

as is

Would you get it for that price . What does the propertypriceregister.ie say on prices locally ?

You will still have some work to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

If trying to work out rent to pay mortgage don't forget to factor in tax liabilities, usc etc. They can swallow up a large portion of rental income

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Anybody know this area ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

Anybody know this area ? Thanks

I think you would rent that house all day long. I have one close by and I have it on a long term lease with council.

Decent area and a good variety of tenants.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Immy wrote: »
    I think you would rent that house all day long. I have one close by and I have it on a long term lease with council.

Decent area and a good variety of tenants.

OPs house may not reach council standards in it's current state and op is not planning on doing anything with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭vagazzled

Op you could not rent that house "as is"
    Even the estate agent says it needs modernisation, and they are usually pretty economical with the truth.
    The one bedroom shown in the advert needs a fair bit of work, new blinds/ curtains, and a good plaster and paint job. If its the one photographed, it must be the better bedroom.
    Modernisation would include insulation and most likely wiring, and with 2 open fireplaces and a ber rating of F, you are likely talking about upgrading the heating system and the windows and doors .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

To answer the OPs question it's not a bad area, not the best. Some will be put off, others will be attracted to the place.

To add though you'll need to do some work on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Gmaximum

Area is good for rentals. But there is no way you could rent it as is

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Jaketherake

Wouldnt cost you a whole lot to get that in rentable condition.

<mod snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

No offence but I wouldn't put a dog in that place as is. It obviously needs serious work.

Advertisement