Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Removals Costs

Options
  • 26-10-2015 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi All,

Any ideas of what I could expect to pay for a van removal with 2 men from Kildare to Meath? Would have about 15 boxes, bags and a few small pieces of furniture. A ball park figure would be really helpful. Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Would it fit in a Transit? Do you need two people?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

I think we paid 120 for a similar amount of furniture and boxes (I think this included the price for the actual cardboard boxes too) but we were only moving up the road. So maybe add another 50 on to that to account for additional time and petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

Don't know what you should expect to pay but when I moved last I got a few quotes off anyvan.ie - their drivers try to under bid each other for work. I was happy enough with the guy that did the job (in fact have employed him since to pick up & deliver furniture).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭vagazzled

Have a look on Adverts, I got a few quotes for 2 men to move a large glass & wood cabinet & a 3 piece suite from Swords to Blanchardstown. It was a 2 man job as the unit was in 2 pieces. I ended up paying 70e to 2 lovely polish guys who had excellent feedback on Adverts, and do all parts of Dublin & surrounding counties. I had gotten quotes of up to 180e.
    They are based in Lucan afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Sun in Capri

Thank you all. MarkAnthony I think 1 person would be sufficient as my other half could give a hand to lift the awkward bits. I will check out what is recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Thank you all. MarkAnthony I think 1 person would be sufficient as my other half could give a hand to lift the awkward bits. I will check out what is recommended.

I found that 2 guys was quite a bit more expensive than one. Also if you can have everything ready it helps.

To be honest I got some fairly decent quotes but nothing was as cheap as hiring a van for the day (approx €40 from Enterprise) and doing it myself. I was bricking it about driving the Transit. The guys on Motors told me I wouldn't want to give it back at the end of the day and I didn't; a joy to drive*!

Since then I've had one of those long wheel base Citreon things - not as good to drive but still as easy as my Fiat 500!

*Quite enjoyed barreling towards some eejit in a 4x4 thinking he was going to get away with breaking the lights on the Clonsilla level crossing. Been bullied there a couple of times in the car, white van had quite a different effect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pollyhops

I used anyvan.ie

You'll get different bids from companies. Used a company from this before and got a crazy good deal. You'll have several bids in an hour I'd say.

Advertisement