Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Punching speed

Options
  • 13-04-2013 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any tips on how to improve speed when punching. I have a good solid punch but it's too slow for my liking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

When you are training always punch full speed, I often see people punching 50-60% of their speed without even realising it, sound like nothing advice but its solid advice. Train slow be slow.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 cool hand luke

Try this video on YouTube I would recommend the small weights exercises and I going to definitely going to purchase the pro shadow boxer

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jiTq9nUcwTs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips on how to improve speed when punching. I have a good solid punch but it's too slow for my liking.

As cowzerp said train at full speed. Even if it means holding back on the power to achieve the speed. The power will come after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I train with small 5kg wrist weights and I have found it has helped my speed - Not when sparring or hitting a bag, just shadow boxing.

• Site Banned Posts: 19 Muscles From Brussels

Do sets of push ups between rounds on the speed-bag. Improves arms....creates fists of fury breh.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

I play drums so have really fast hands and great rhythm & timing. I can throw people off my timing by throwing odd time signatures at them.

One, Two, slight pause; OFFBEAT!

I play paradiddles on the bag when drilling.

Advertisement