Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying an unfinished house

• 23-09-2020 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

First time buyer looking for a house and we have looked at a house that is unfinished. House build 7+ years ago, was left idle for years but it was sealed (windows + roof and outside plastered). It was sold for 140k 3 years ago and is now up for sale again with more work done to it but still unfinished.

Only the first fix is done, no electricity or water hooked up. Walls plastered ready for second fix. Some radiators put in but not all. Garden and groundwork is complete and a garage build + septic tank. But that's about it.

I think the person who bought it has now run out of money. The estate agent said he will complete the work for the buyer or it can be bought as it. He said it would take another 50k for him to finish (with stairs and kitchen etc)

My question is, what level of complete do the banks want to see? ie. kitchen & flooring installed or just bare electricity and water complete ready for us to complete ourselves. My thinking would be to do a lot of the work ourselves, main rooms and than the remaining as we can.

Or maybe we should run a mile?? Anyone with an experience in this i'd appreciate any tips on what to to look out for etc.

Advertisement