Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-08-2020, 12:08   #1
steve66

supplementary welfare allowance-rent deposit queries.

Hi. My landlord is selling the apartment. I actually have until next January. But because of trouble caused directly or indirectly by my flatmate, I am happy to move.
Iam receiving HAP and on disability. I am looking for help with rent deposit through SWA.
How long usually would it take before I hear back from them?
Is there a limit to the amount they will give?
A requirement on the additional form is utility bill/rent book/mortgage repayment
Leaving aside mortage repayment, is this a utility bill/rent from my current abode?
Advertisement
10-08-2020, 17:11   #2
zell12

Why would you get SWA for a deposit?
Your current landlord will return your current deposit
(2) thanks from:
10-08-2020, 18:40   #3
steve66

I didn't give him a deposit. I have bee in the apartment for 11 years. I paid the original owner a deposit. She couldn't pay the mortage. A few property management companies took it over, then last year it was bought out. The amount
I need now is about 4 times what I originally paid.
10-08-2020, 19:46   #4
wifey28

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve66 View Post
Hi. My landlord is selling the apartment. I actually have until next January. But because of trouble caused directly or indirectly by my flatmate, I am happy to move.
Iam receiving HAP and on disability. I am looking for help with rent deposit through SWA.
How long usually would it take before I hear back from them?
Is there a limit to the amount they will give?
A requirement on the additional form is utility bill/rent book/mortgage repayment
Leaving aside mortage repayment, is this a utility bill/rent from my current abode?

Maybe it would be more appropriate to stay on until jan and save for a deposit?

Getting money for a deposit isnt typically something SWa will do unless its a homeless situation, and even then it isnt a given
10-08-2020, 20:57   #5
steve66

"Getting money for a deposit isnt typically something SWa will do unless its a homeless situation"
Really. I wonder why social welfare gave me the form. I also spoke to HAP, asking same questions I asked.
But, wait, It was SWA who helped with first deposit. I know this because they told me recently.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion