Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Biker79 wrote: »
    There's always the WokeCup Cafe. Grab a coffee and be assimilated into the collective...
    Like the Borg :pac:

WokeCup, Woke up. That's quite clever I must say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭AllForIt

"fried chicken is firmly rooted in black innovation and creativity"

Yeah! Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Like the Borg :pac:

WokeCup, Woke up. That's quite clever I must say :)

Exactly like the Borg.

It is quite clever in fairness...

....until you go inside and get assimilated :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Don't have to worry about going in there anyway. No meat, no meal! Probably only a matter of time before someone complains that it uses the word woke and they'll have to change, because woke is a derogatory term for social injustice warriors!

Also, KFC. I really do like their chicken, but I always pass it up since they changed their chips. Like Burgerking back in the day, once they changed their chips I more or less stopped going. Shame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Don't have to worry about going in there anyway. No meat, no meal! Probably only a matter of time before someone complains that it uses the word woke and they'll have to change, because woke is a derogatory term for social injustice warriors!

Also, KFC. I really do like their chicken, but I always pass it up since they changed their chips. Like Burgerking back in the day, once they changed their chips I more or less stopped going. Shame.

KFC is gone rank anyway. Last time I got chicken it was like there was meat... and coating and the 2 were in no way connected to or related to each other. Like a strange pasty soggy loose jacket on the chicken.

They can take that ****e, bundle it all together and stick it up the Colonels old southern white privileged hole.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Jamaica Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

So Halloween is soon upon us and I thought I would suggest some horror movies the wokeismists could watch. Family fun excluding those aged less than 14yo imo

https://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/land-of-hope-and-glory-2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

auspicious wrote: »
    So Halloween is soon upon us and I thought I would suggest some horror movies the wokeismists could watch. Family fun excluding those aged less than 14yo imo

https://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/land-of-hope-and-glory-2017/

I have a criticism though. The music actually masks the actual sounds of despair. I'd prefer they left that out. It detracts from the realism imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,631 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Cordell wrote: »
    Don't really get it, should I stop eating KFC because it's racist to do so, or should I stop eating what the n word people eat?

I'd stop eating it as it's sh1t food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Ekh423OXgAAzCpm?format=jpg&name=medium
    nbjk

Never mind the women, what about the disabled and the minorities? Where was the wheelchair batallion scene on the beach or the Burka-clad paratrooper action shots. The germans in that pill box weren't diverse enough either. Not enough chinese driving kubelwagens if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ArrBee

nbjk

Never mind the women, what about the disabled and the minorities? Where was the wheelchair batallion scene on the beach or the Burka-clad paratrooper action shots. The germans in that pill box weren't diverse enough either. Not enough chinese driving kubelwagens if you ask me.

Ahhh, now.
    You're not being creative enough.

It's easy to add the quota to any film without sacrificing accuracy.

You just need to have loads of cut shots.
    -Cut to the wheelchair bound chap reminiscing of his days playing cricket at the green before both his legs left him (in WW1 if you like). He's the father of one of the lads about to become fodder on the beach.
    -cut to the mother washing the floor and raising 3 kids while hubby is about to be slaughtered.
    -cut to the muslim walking home from prayers and seeing some headline in the local newspaper?

Problem is, by upping the equality quotient in any accurate way will be offensive cos stereotypes.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Don't really get it, should I stop eating KFC because it's racist to do so, or should I stop eating what the n word people eat?

I think you are supposed to stop eating it because it would be cultural appropriation?

So white people have a growing tendency towards a particular profession. Well, clearly that's racist.

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1319013487948009474

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

That has to be a piss take article?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Cordell

There was a real controversy about a historically accurate game set in 1400 in Central Europe because it didn't have any POC and the cruel invaders were portraited as cruel invaders. Just to make it clear, it wasn't the usual medieval fantasy with fairies and elves and witches that can allow any artistic take on it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Come:_Deliverance#Controversy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There was a real controversy about a historically accurate game set in 1400 in Central Europe because it didn't have any POC and the cruel invaders were portraited as cruel invaders. Just to make it clear, it wasn't the usual medieval fantasy with fairies and elves and witches that can allow any artistic take on it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Come:_Deliverance#Controversy
    Have history courses in colleges been infected with this revisionist BS yet I wonder?

These parents must be replaced. They have failed.

EktmUQkUYAA8EhC?format=jpg&name=medium
    jhgf

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

nbjk

Any link to the original article, rather than a picture? Because it seems it doesn't actually exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Cordell

It's not real, the original article was about PS4 https://kotaku.com/why-were-there-no-women-presenters-at-the-playstation-4-5985822
    Still quite woke but not woke enough :)

But the one I posted was very real.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Saw this on the 9 o'clock news

A dream has come true for a healthcare worker from Co Cavan after she performed with the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra at the National Concert Hall.

Normally, the RTÉ NSO would work with international artists for such a programme.

However, they had to look closer to home on this occasion, ...

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1023/1173366-co-cavan-healthcare-worker-to-perform-on-national-stage/

• Advertisement

Seville and Kilnaleck, what a mix.

She sounded fine to me.

https://twitter.com/Tampax/status/1305952342504767491

"Let's celebrate the diversity of all people who bleed"..... Christ. It’s not so much the absurdity of what is said that’s most troubling, but the fact that we’ve created a society where it can be said without blushing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

https://twitter.com/Tampax/status/1305952342504767491

"Let's celebrate the diversity of all people who bleed"..... Christ. It’s not so much the absurdity of what is said that’s most troubling, but the fact that we’ve created a society where it can be said without blushing

Oh FFS!!!!! Just stop it now. Listen to Dr Alice Cooper’s work on this ....!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ingalway

WARNING: Once you have seen this you will never unsee it.
    Especially for all the boys/men out there (and yes it is actually for boys/men of the XY type) who are having trouble with your Tampons - the guide you have all been waiting for:

https://twitter.com/tramisogyny/status/1319366664496971777?s=20

ingalway wrote: »
    WARNING: Once you have seen this you will never unsee it.
    Especially for all the boys/men out there (and yes it is actually for boys/men of the XY type) who are having trouble with your Tampons - the guide you have all been waiting for:

https://twitter.com/tramisogyny/status/1319366664496971777?s=20

In fairness that is basically a makey uppie twitter account which rips the piss out of Transsexuals and I would treat the Tweet as being a complete load of bollocks.

The subject is tenuous enough without **** making shight up online and posting it. Anyone going through a sexual transformation is highly likely to be susceptible to mental duress, but I don't think there are many out there playing around with tampons. Total rubbish. There is nothing "woke" about ripping the piss out of transsexuals.

Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ingalway

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    In fairness that is basically a makey uppie twitter account which rips the piss out of Transsexuals and I would treat the Tweet as being a complete load of bollocks.

The subject is tenuous enough without **** making shight up online and posting it. Anyone going through a sexual transformation is highly likely to be susceptible to mental duress, but I don't think there are many out there playing around with tampons. Total rubbish. There is nothing "woke" about ripping the piss out of transsexuals.

Just saying.

There are numerous examples of biological males who believe that as a trans woman they can menstruate, have PMS and even 'chest' feed babies. Trans women menopause is now becoming a thing to be embraced.
    I do not need to "rip the piss out of transsexuals" (you do realise that can be cancelled for that hate terminology? Just saying) when this kind of behavior speaks for itself.

ingalway wrote: »
    There are numerous examples of biological males who believe that as a trans woman they can menstruate, have PMS and even 'chest' feed babies. Trans women menopause is now becoming a thing to be embraced.
    I do not need to "rip the piss out of transsexuals" (you do realise that can be cancelled for that hate terminology? Just saying) when this kind of behavior speaks for itself.

All your doing is reposting hate speech.

There is nothing " woke " about that.

It is not even funny, which is what makes it worse to be honest.

Fisherprice activism.

2f0bzq.jpg
    jhgtc

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

How is shoving a tampon up your a**e meant make someone a woman ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement