Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

how can I convert ACC ( ipod ) to WMA - play ipod music in Windows Media player

• 25-04-2008 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

How can I convert ACC to Wma and to allow music that i play in my ipod and itunes to be able to be played in Windows Media Player

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You can't,

Well not that You can't, but we can't tell you on this forum as its about removing Drm from music. This thread will be closed by a mod. I suggest you google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

Can you burn ACC on to a CD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You can't,

Well not that You can't, but we can't tell you on this forum as its about removing Drm from music. This thread will be closed by a mod. I suggest you google it.

and then your next post is to tell him how to do it?

banned for a week as it's against the charter, even though he didn't mention DRM your method is a workaround for removing DRM.

PM me when the week is up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Wait what? just because the music is in the AAC format does not mean it is copy protected!. There is absolutely nothing wrong with converting from one codec to another so lets not confuse things "PogMoThoin" ... this sort of misinformation REALLY bugs me.

@ culabula88, I'd advise you to convert all your music to MP3 using LAME 3.97 at a setting of V2...you can use a programme such as dbPoweramp to do this for you (but it costs a little bit of money), this will allow you to play your music in WMP or itunes if you choose. (Will not work if the music was bought from the iTMS)

@ Cremo, what is the stance here regarding talk of CD ripping? as that technically breaks copyright laws, and I don't want to be stepping on anyones toes should I mention any methods of ripping.

• Advertisement

ripping is generally ok across boards.

i'm going on what was around before this board was created, it was ok to talk about using ripping programs so long as it wasn't "how do i rip my Justin Timberlake CD" type threads, ditto with torrent and p2p programs, they are perfectly fine to talk about, just not ok to talk about or link to the media they share.

the software itself isn't illegal just ripping a purchased CD is a bit of a grey area.

although there was no mention of DRM in the thread pogmothoin mentioned a method that can circumvent DRM files, hence the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Cremo wrote: »
    ripping is generally ok across boards.
    although there was no mention of DRM in the thread pogmothoin mentioned a method that can circumvent DRM files, hence the ban.

Bit harsh that I think - assuming he said what i think he said, going by the direction the thread was taking, he wasn't advocating hacking or cracking iTunes, or downloading software to mod iTunes in any way, just using iTunes to do something it was designed to do and then doing something else it was also designed to do. The fact that DRM magically disappears in the process is surely something Apple are perfectly aware of? In fact I think I remember seeing an Apple comment somewhere that there is a loss of audio quality in the relevant process(es) and hence inadvisable for that reason ... !

culabula88 wrote: »
    How can I convert ACC to Wma and to allow music that i play in my ipod and itunes to be able to be played in Windows Media Player

There's different types of acc, you may in fact be able to simply right click on the track inside iTunes and choose an option there to convert to mp3 - which will then let you play the track anywhere. This will not work for tunes that came with DRM added to them though.

art wrote: »
    Bit harsh that I think - assuming he said what i think he said, going by the direction the thread was taking, he wasn't advocating hacking or cracking iTunes, or downloading software to mod iTunes in any way, just using iTunes to do something it was designed to do and then doing something else it was also designed to do. The fact that DRM magically disappears in the process is surely something Apple are perfectly aware of? In fact I think I remember seeing an Apple comment somewhere that there is a loss of audio quality in the relevant process(es) and hence inadvisable for that reason ... !

yes but having that posted on boards can still get boards in trouble. none of us want this site to go down so we have to be cautious of legal grey areas.

Cremo wrote: »
    yes but having that posted on boards can still get boards in trouble. none of us want this site to go down so we have to be cautious of legal grey areas.

Certainly, would not want the site to go down, I agree, and don't want to seem argumentative about this whole issue, just I can see how a poster can get confused when there's threads on iTouch "jail-breaking", putting on new applications etc (all in violation of Apple's software copyright) whereas mentioning using iTunes in exactly the manner it has been designed to be used is considered an offense. Just seems a very odd twist to things - though I know Music industry are a petty litigatious shower alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement