Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Refurbished Phones

• 07-01-2021 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

I was looking at pigsback the last day and i saw an offer for a refurbished S9 phone €289 with charger. Im never signing up a contract to get a 'free' phone again and this looked reasonable value. and it means i will continue to only pay a tenner a month for my phone package. are there any other sites offering refurbished phones? i'd like to weigh up my options first

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Gmaximum

have a look at Mint+

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Dafterss

I would not get a used s9 it's too old but it's much cheaper on ebay uk than price you show
    At your price go for new 5g phone so is end of life

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

Dafterss wrote: »
    I would not get a used s9 it's too old but it's much cheaper on ebay uk than price you show
    At your price go for new 5g phone so is end of life

what 5g phone am i gonna get for that price? i was thinking of sticking with samsung, but im not stuck on that either.

but do i need 5g? ive had my s7 for 4 years. it works ok. starting to act up a little...and storage is a constant pain now. if i can get a phone for another couple of years and pretty much do what i can do on it now i'll be happy enough. as i said in original post, im just past signing up a contract for the latest phone, and then shelling 50e a month for the privilege..and being stuck with that for 2 years!! nope nope

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Try www.viberstore.ie for a fully refurbished phone. I've used them a good few times and never an ounce of trouble. I'm on a sim only plan so buy my phones outright but refuse to pay mad money for a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I was looking at pigsback the last day and i saw an offer for a refurbished S9 phone €289 with charger. Im never signing up a contract to get a 'free' phone again and this looked reasonable value. and it means i will continue to only pay a tenner a month for my phone package. are there any other sites offering refurbished phones? i'd like to weigh up my options first
    Check out the thread on here for Chinese brand phones. 289e would get you a serious bit of kit

• Advertisement
Advertisement