Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - January 2021

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy frost clearing under bright sunshine. Temp 0.9c Windchill -2.8c, Min Temp 0.4c

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Low of -4.7 last night,currently-3.5

Down to -3.9c at 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Donegal Ken

frosty this morning in Sligo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

0.6c after a minimum temperature of -2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

frosty this morning in Sligo

a drone shot i take it ? (unless you're a millionaire with a helicopter)

what make & model

• Advertisement

3c and sunny. There is still a slight frost in the shade.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cold rain showers on and off, horrible.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Crystal clear air with an almost totally cloud free sky here near Tralee, just 3.2C after a low of -3.4C and a very hard frost, frozen ice puddles on the roads this morning and ponds frozen over.

Rh 86%

light NNE'ly

Bar 1022.8 hPa Falling Slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Still a hard frost in the shade here in Carlow town. Cars and paths white! Beautiful sunny still day 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Clear blue skies in Limk City with a great clarity to the atmosphere. 2.2c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭prosaic

Can see snow showers over Dublin/Wicklow hills this afternoon. Higher fields were starting to look a little white.

3.9c in Arklow
    Wetbulb 2.2c
    Dp 0.3c
    Lots of sleety little showers about

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭highdef

Frost never cleared in the gardens. My dog was recently running around on top of the pond, frozen over and not a creak to be heard. Temperature is 0.8c and falling rapidly. Showers building and approaching in the Irish sea, 40km to my east. What can go wrong!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very heavy frost last night and early this morning. Frost melted during the afternoon and can still hear the drip sounds of from the gutters. Getting cloudier here after a mostly sunny day. Frost here in Meath unlikley to be as severe as last night with those onshore sea breezes keeping us a bit milder tonight.

Gonzo wrote: »
    Frost here in Meath unlikley to be as severe as last night with those onshore sea breezes keeping us a bit milder tonight.

But hopefully allowing wintry showers to penetrate inland :D

0.7c in north Kildare with a frost that never cleared. Showers approaching from the north east.....will be interesting to see what falls from them here.

Light snow in North Kildare. Won't be heavy enough to lead to accumulations but it is sticking where it lands as the ground is frozen.

Neighbour in the Donadea area of North Kildare is reporting moderate snow which is leading to slight accumulations, about 4/5km south of me. Just a flurry here.

Recent light snow shower. Moderate to heavy shower passing a few kilometres to me north. Temperature has risen from 0c to 0.3c.

This "current weather conditions" thread is quieter than I expected so I reckon my recent snow showers are a rarity owing to me being far enough inland to be cold enough but not so far inland that the showers have died out.

highdef wrote: »
    Recent light snow shower. Moderate to heavy shower passing a few kilometres to me north. Temperature has risen from 0c to 0.3c.

This "current weather conditions" thread is quieter than I expected so I reckon my recent snow showers are a rarity owing to me being far enough inland to be cold enough but not so far inland that the showers have died out.

Recent rain showers in Arklow
    Currently 5.1c
    Wind northeast gusting 30kmh ENE

• Advertisement

It is currently 3.3c and clear. Our high was 5.9c.

We fell to 0c around 5pm before rising after cloud came in from Scotland. I would rather that stayed away.

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    It is currently 3.3c and clear. Our high was 5.9c.

We fell to 0c around 5pm before rising after cloud came in from Scotland. I would rather that stayed away.

My low in North Kildare was -3.7c last night.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

3.2c atm in Dublin 16. High of the day so far. NE breeze has kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

-0.6° at the moment and reckon will get colder.

APT image from earlier https://mobile.twitter.com/renvyleweather/status/1345845972509851650/photo/1

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Slight shower of rain here in South Kildare @ 19.30 on partially frozen roads, freezing hard since and the roads are covered in ice

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Very heavy graupel in Dublin 15 about 10 minutes ago. Place was nearly white.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Renvyle Weather @ 22:45
    Running Weather-Display 10.37S on a Dell FX160 PC

Temperature: Current -0.4C
    High: 5.5C at 13:38
    Low: -0.6C at 20:11
    This months high temperature: 7.6C
    This months low temperature: -0.7C
    Wind: Current average 2.2 km/h
    Max Gust: 18.5 km/h @ 18:27
    Windrun: 88.52 km
    Barometric: Current 1024.3 hPa Rising +1.2 hPa (3 hourly)
    High: 1024.3 hPa at 22:42
    Low: 1021.9 hPa at 02:03
    Rain: Today 0.0 mm
    Rainfall rate Max: 0.0 mm/min at 00:00
    Days with rain this month: 1
    Consecutative days with no rain: 0
    Monthly Rain Fall: 0.9 mm

Sunshine Hours Today: 01:29
    Highest UV Today: 1.0
    Lightening Counts since Midnight: 27
    Last Lightening: 20:40:04 03/01/2021
    Distance: 24 km
    Current Garden Soil Moisture Level: 39.0 cB

Details of this and more at Renvyle Weather
    Solo circumnavigation of Ireland in aid of Clifden Lifeboats 2022

Join Ireland Weather Network

1.8c. The temperature is very stubborn tonight.

Gusting northeast to 40kmh in Arklow
    Quite windy
    5.3c

• Advertisement

Heavy graupel shower turned to snow, falling onto ground that is completely encased in ice from earlier freezing rain showers. By far the worst ice I've ever experienced in this country. Temp is -0.8c, North Kildare.

Advertisement