Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One4all Gift Card rejected -anyone having issues?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

You didn't need to register/validate the card in your name or use that ID app?
    I was lead to believe that the gold, chip and pin cards has to be activated etc..

Nope zero reg needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Nope zero reg needed

But don't you need to register with ID-pal for the chip and pin ones over a certain value? My Dad tried to use one in a shop and it wouldn't work, he was told he had to register it. Of course, the ID-Pal app is useless and won't work properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Galadriel wrote: »
    But don't you need to register with ID-pal for the chip and pin ones over a certain value? My Dad tried to use one in a shop and it wouldn't work, he was told he had to register it. Of course, the ID-Pal app is useless and won't work properly.

No absolutely no ID of any kind needed for mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    No absolutely no ID of any kind needed for mine

Weird, my Dad had to register the card and then register with that stupid app and he still can't access his money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Darc19 wrote: »
    Makes no difference what value you have, the maximum online purchase you can make in a single transaction is €50.

So to spend a €500 balance online, you will need at least 10 transactions.

Applies to all gift cards in all eu countries except where some laundering conditions are met

It actually applies to all money cards not gift cards, one4all is a money card and hence the AML5 applies. Other cards can be gift cards like ones run by some shops etc., these are not money cards but essentially iou's and therefore the AML5 does not apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

I got one for €500 have can't find anything under €50 online to spend it on. What a pain in the backside.

Jim Root wrote: »
    I got one for €500 have can't find anything under €50 online to spend it on. What a pain in the backside.

One4all was meant to implement a registration process where you would prove your identity and the card would be essentially marked as a known user and therefore you could spend any value. One4all is essentially a prepaid debit card so once user is verified then it would be aml5 complete and the limit would no longer apply. However I don’t think One4all has created the registration process yet or may never have the facility.

Actually I’m wrong they have implemented it but only with chip and pin cards that need to be registered with id pal app. Then online limit no longer applies. Max card value you can get now for non chip is 150 with 50 online limit. Max chip card is 500 value with no online limit. If you gave a 500 card it should be chip type so you could register it and then use online.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

I got a €200 card from work at Christmas and won another €300 card too, neither are chip and pin. Must be different rules for companies buying them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭antimatterx

guil wrote: »
    I got a €200 card from work at Christmas and won another €300 card too, neither are chip and pin. Must be different rules for companies buying them?

The one I got for Christmas was 500 and Chip / Pin. My dads was 500, but it wasn't chip and pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Mine is for 250 and chip and pin. I've activated and tried to use it for a 37euro transaction online. It was declined. When I contacted the seller they said oh there's a fifty euro online limit.

???

• Advertisement

Antares35 wrote: »
    Mine is for 250 and chip and pin. I've activated and tried to use it for a 37euro transaction online. It was declined. When I contacted the seller they said oh there's a fifty euro online limit.

???

Have you registered it with One4alls id pal app?

Have you registered it with One4alls id pal app?

Yup. Sent them a message so I'll see what happens..might opt for cashing out tbh. 8euro but worth it to save the back and forth! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Yup. Sent them a message so I'll see what happens..might opt for cashing out tbh. 8euro but worth it to save the back and forth! :)

I spent 209 online with chip and pin

Hi Antares, if your card was given to you by your company and bought corporately then they cannot convert to cash with the 8eur admin charge. They can only convert to cash if the card was purchased by a private individual - this is due to bik and revenue.

Hi Antares, if your card was given to you by your company and bought corporately then they cannot convert to cash with the 8eur admin charge. They can only convert to cash if the card was purchased by a private individual - this is due to bik and revenue.

Thanks, yeah I saw something about that, but they use said employer needs to be informed as a tax liability would arise. Jaysis, I think I'll just stock up on cat food in fifty quid batches at this stage :D

Edit, although even for transactions less than fifty it's not working either. I think I'll just give up on it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Thanks, yeah I saw something about that, but they use said employer needs to be informed as a tax liability would arise. Jaysis, I think I'll just stock up on cat food in fifty quid batches at this stage :D

Edit, although even for transactions less than fifty it's not working either. I think I'll just give up on it tbh.

Can you convert them to physical cards? Think that option was available online.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Can you convert them to physical cards? Think that option was available online.

It is a physical card, but they didn't send me a pin for it, despite it being active. Have sent an email to customer services so fingers crossed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Levitate

Hi

I was given a couple of digital One4all cards from work (less than €50 altogether)

For some reason, I can't seem to spend I online (One4all website not letting me see card details) so I tried adding to my apple digital wallet on the iphone. It seems to have worked but I was just wondering how I would spend it in a shop.

All I can see is pictures of each of the cards with the last four digits. Do I just scan that as a contactless payment? Sorry, not the most tech savvy, I thought you would need to scan a QR code or something or put in a pin. My wife has an iPhone as well and it seems she has to insert a pin to use hers so I'm wondering if mine has even added correctly. Can anyone help?! thanks

Levitate wrote: »
    Hi

I was given a couple of digital One4all cards from work (less than €50 altogether)

For some reason, I can't seem to spend I online (One4all website not letting me see card details) so I tried adding to my apple digital wallet on the iphone. It seems to have worked but I was just wondering how I would spend it in a shop.

All I can see is pictures of each of the cards with the last four digits. Do I just scan that as a contactless payment? Sorry, not the most tech savvy, I thought you would need to scan a QR code or something or put in a pin. My wife has an iPhone as well and it seems she has to insert a pin to use hers so I'm wondering if mine has even added correctly. Can anyone help?! thanks

If you can see it in the wallet, all you have to do is :
    1. Go to a shop that uses one4all - eg super value or Tesco
    2. It works the same as your bank card on your phone if you have this.
    3. if its an iPhone with Touch ID, double click and your default card comes up, swipe to change to the one4all. Tap then all is done.
    4. If you don't know how to do it the quick way just open apple wallet in shop and select the one4all and tap and done.

I spent 209 online with chip and pin

One purchase or multiple purchases? I've a €500 chip and pin card, and I was under the impression that €50 is the limit online. I want to buy a television with mine, but the store is outside our 5 km limit. Would love to be able to buy it online and get it delivered.

• Advertisement

tara2k wrote: »
    One purchase or multiple purchases? I've a €500 chip and pin card, and I was under the impression that €50 is the limit online. I want to buy a television with mine, but the store is outside our 5 km limit. Would love to be able to buy it online and get it delivered.

Apparently with the new KYC checks (having to ID verify for the chip and pin ones) the fifty euro online limit is circumvented, but then again that could be a fúckin fairytale, I can't even get them to answer the phone.

Apparently with the new KYC checks (having to ID verify for the chip and pin ones) the fifty euro online limit is circumvented, but then again that could be a fúckin fairytale, I can't even get them to answer the phone.

Thank you for your reply. I've completed the verification process with my card. I'll try it later and report back.

No joy buying online, I'm sorry to report. Went to the store and paid for the television using the One4all card, and it worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

The EUR 50 limit isn’t applicable if you have done the full verification with the ID Pal app etc.

The EUR 50 limit isn’t applicable if you have done the full verification with the ID Pal app etc.

I completed the verification process with the ID Pal app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SCassLim

Hi All, just wondering if anyone else experienced the same problems as me with One4all chip and pin and digital cards. I have two Gold chip and pin cards and I successfully registered with ID-Pal and got message to say pin numbers would follow. They didn't. Next day I phoned One4all customer service and they issued pins.

Went to a retailer to spend the vouchers (€500 on one card and €250 on second one) on a couch and both cards were declined. Called One4all who blamed the retailer, retailer blamed One4all. Spent 80 mins in total onto One4all but issue not rectified and matter has been escalated to a supervisor but nobody has bothered to call me back and in the meantime I still have no couch and One4all are holding €750 which belongs to me.

Also got a digital One4all voucher last week. Went through the process of digital activation and downloaded app. On the app, I can see the card with the last four digits displayed and value of card but then I get a message saying "card loading error, please contact customer support". Called Customer Support and they advised their IT department would look into it and I would get a call back and no surprises, I'm still waiting on a call a back and I still can't use the digital card.

Will never buy another One4all after this experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

How do you add it to your Google wallet? Won't work for me when I click add card.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

Added the One4All digital card to the app on my andriod phone successfully and tried to buy a coffee - Had the app open and a message pops up on the app saying money was deducted - But it doesnt work on the shops till and they see no payment.

Now it looks like the money wasnt deducted from the card either so at least that is good. But does the app only work in some shops?

It works perfectly in O’Briens wines- I experienced the exact same as you in Supervalue - it became a bit of a nightmare (slight exaggeration) trying to use it there- so now anytime I get a digi card, I add it to my wallet and off to obriens I go - I’ve used 4 different digital cards in the ONE transaction in O’Briens - just prepare in advance and have the exact total of each card and the corresponding card number to hand and have all the cards loaded up on your wallet- they were super supportive and patient last time I was there which was about 6 months ago

PS- O’Briens are delighted with the business as they know the issues people are having with these cards so if my experience is anything to go by you’ll be treated sympathetically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭theglobe

The digital cards are a nightmare. The app is one of the most glitchy I've ever come across and the contactless has now failed on two occasions so I wasn't able to use it. I would not recommend oneforall as a gift and the digital cards are particularly bad.

Advertisement