Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discovery +

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Never heard off dplay.I don't think the channels will be pulled for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I presume the free content currently on dplay will need a paid subscription on Discovery+?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Free channels still free but you will have to register as far as I can see to watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭decor58

GIMP wrote: »
    Discovery + launching in November, will they pull the channels from Sky/Virgin like Disney did?

Looks like the channels currently on dplay(quest and such like) will remain free and a sub required for the likes of the premium, Discovery etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Never heard off dplay.I don't think the channels will be pulled for now.

Dplay on all their free to air channels, may have come about from uktv play when they split those channels

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Sky Q customers are getting twelve months of this for free, which is good for those who like their documentaries. In the long run these streaming services all add up if you’re already paying for Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Apple TV etc though at least this one has its own niche and a massive archive to draw from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭mollser

Giving VM a headache also I think... completed a long survey today about the importance of Eurosport and the Discovery channels to your package, would you move to another provider if they were removed and would you be happy to stay if you could access them through an app on the settop box. Very granular questions actually, but there's definitely something cooking on this front...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

They've had a bad relationship with virgin media for some time now. But with so much sponsorship by virgin media on their channels in an effort to remediate it, it'll be a bit odd to see them pull services from virgin media.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

What do the Discovery+ Originals listed mean? Are they exclusive to Discovery+? Actual Discovery+ originals or sourced from US but are 'originals' for Discovery+ in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Discovery+ showing up on the Sky Q box.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There’s a somewhat convoluted process to claim your free 12 month trial.

https://www.discoveryplus.co.uk/skyq-users-no-extra-cost

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement