Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Memories of mad stuff that happened on live TV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

love jah wobbles rant after jonny walks :) "go on think of one"
    Newuser2 wrote: »
    JR is an amazing musician

Probably a bit of a twat too

had to laugh at the guy at the end, "glad i didn't pick the short straw for that interview"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

That was the story put out allright, took a wrong turn

Well ya that was the official line but I would say there was some truth in that they took a wrong turn why they were in the area is another story

• Registered Users Posts: 12,358 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Found a fuller version of that PIL clip with them playing live and no doubt, the video interview with the Angelic Upstarts which led to PIL walking off.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Is that Daniel Radcliff at like 12 secondes? ...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Piehead wrote: »
    It came to me Pop Will Eat Itself and then after the performance a deadpan and unimpressed Gay goes “Pop Will Eat Itself.....quite’

With none other than Fuzz Townsend on the drums too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Nirvana on TOTP. They were told that there would be a backing track playing and Kurt was to sing over it live, so they decided to give a big screw you to the show instead. Krist didn't have any strings on his bass guitar :)

Kurt Cobain was an insufferable arsehole who believed his own hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Kurt Cobain was an insufferable arsehole who believed his own hype.

It went to his head in the end 🀣

breezy1985 wrote: »
    It went to his head in the end ��

Think that was the shotgun actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,609 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

fryup wrote: »
    why can't winning streak be like this???

It totally should be. CAN'T beat a bit of Plinko

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Newuser2

Noel Edmunds was the ant and dec of my youth and I recall the main event each week was a stunt by a viewer along with trained professionals, but I distinctly remember a death putting a stop to it.

On 13 November 1986, volunteer Michael Lush was killed during his first rehearsal for another live stunt. The stunt, called "Hang 'em High", involved bungee jumping from an exploding box suspended from a 120 ft-high crane. The carabiner clip attaching his bungee rope to the crane sprang loose from its eyebolt during the jump. He died instantly of multiple injuries, and the show was cancelled on 15 November after Edmonds resigned, saying he did not "have the heart to carry on".[12]

Destroyed his career

He got back eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I'll raise your pro wrestler David Shultz slapping interviewer John Stossel for calling wrestling fake.

More pro wrestling-related incidents. Hulk Hogan applying a sleeper hold on TV presenter Richard Belzer, causing him to pass out and crack his head on the floor. There's a visible pool of blood.

Also, WWE wrestler Titus O'Neill tripping up on his way to the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Bill Cosby got a mention there:) “tell me more about this sleeper hold?”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Newuser2 wrote: »
    Destroyed his career

He got back eventually

Noel Edmonds was a tosser and his ‘late late breakfast show’ was utter ****e......ant ad deck though are even bigger ****

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    Noel Edmonds was a tosser and his ‘late late breakfast show’ was utter ****e......ant ad deck though are even bigger ****

Yeah, Alan Partridge called him a “total wazzock”.

The tide is turning…

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »

Didn’t brass eye do a report on Noel Edmunds shoooting Clive anderson dead and people believed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I found it very entertaining to watch Vincent tear into her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

My favourite thread, some gold stuff on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

Guy Goma went for a job interview at the BBC on the same day they were expecting to interview Guy Kewney, a personal computing expert.

His face at the start is priceless. Styled it out well though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Fake sign language interpreter at the Mandela funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭raven41

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I found it very entertaining to watch Vincent tear into her.

She's a waffler alright but have always found Vincent to be a rude condescending twat. Kind of a guilty until proved innocent point of view. Constantly interjecting trying to score points and belittle people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

McGaggs wrote: »
    I vaguely remember both. Ceaucescu and his lads being hunted through tunnels under the city possibly? And did a tank fire at a tall building in Moscow during the coup? I was quite young at the time. I prefer the crazy, possibly wrong, memories than trying to find info online

That was the parliament building known as the White House in Moscow. Die hard communists took it over in September 1993. Yeltsen ordered an assault the following month. While it was being shelled by tanks inside special forces stormed it floor by floor and room by room clearing it with small arms fire and grenades.
    The crisis lasted for 10 days and scores were killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Even to this day the medical attention giving to tennis players is a joke. Not like football where if you go down badly, you have a team of medical staff to help you. In tennis people get seriously injured and just lay there in agony while everyone just sits there like dopes .

Not cool

Speaking of tennis Monica Seles was stabbed live on tv during a match, it was as mad as it gets and she was never quite the same player after it. The man who stabbed her had an obsession with her rival Steffi Graf
    Is that Daniel Radcliff at like 12 secondes? ...:pac:

Daniel Radcliff had a good one, his party piece is to rap Blackilicious 'Alaphabet Aerobics' which is known as a song that tests a rappers skill. He gets it spot on

breezy1985 wrote: »
    [
    Fake sign language interpreter at the Mandela funeral

That reminds me of the comedian Ross Browne who showed up at a speech by Enda Kenny and started doing fake sign language. Everyone in the room thought he was supposed to be there and it wasnt until he did that wanker symbol that some handler copped he was taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Mark Lamarr by all accounts is a major league a$$hole

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Speaking of people being called major league a$$holes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

fryup wrote: »
    Mark Lamarr by all accounts is a major league a$$hole

Here he was tryin to look up a girls skirt! Whilst feigning interest in some guitar playing

• Registered Users Posts: 16 chipschips

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/this-young-womans-sheer-dedication-to-calling-the-ref-a-tosser-is-admirable-76796

Crowd involvement at sporting events always throws up some good moments

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Speaking of people being called major league a$$holes

Legend :)

Advertisement