Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

https://twitter.com/VirginMedia_One/status/1346018243501285378?s=20

Only thing I can see changed is Elaine being dropped, in favour of a repeat of Beat The Chasers. Digiguide and www.tvguide.co.uk has updated schedule, nothing on Virgin Media's own site about that change.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,861 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

UsBus wrote: »
    What the hell are Virgin Media News at..?? Have they all gone on strike.? From daily news channel to no news the last 5 days or so..

They've already been off the air for the Brexit Xmas Eve deal. Farcical set up..
    mikeym wrote: »
    Yesterday we had the rollout of the vaccine in Ireland and today we had news on tighter restrictions.

Meanwhile theres no news coverage on Virgin Media.

Virgin Media are a disgrace.
    Did they just decide to go on holiday or what? :D

Its just pure amateur hour there, feel sorry for all the old people relying on Saorview these days, Virgin is just unwatchable ****. They think its okay to do something like repeat the same episode of the Cube all weekend, it must be enraging for anyone using them regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Thargor wrote: »
    Did they just decide to go on holiday or what? :D

Its just pure amateur hour there, feel sorry for all the old people relying on Saorview these days, Virgin is just unwatchable ****. They think its okay to do something like repeat the same episode of the Cube all weekend, it must be enraging for anyone using them regularly.
    The repeat the exact same episode of certain shows for several days. They seem to be getting worse with this. The same with the few movies they have the rights to.

Paul Byrom Live (yes, I have no idea who he is either) was shown 6 times between the 23rd Dec to 2nd Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭thesultan

What happened the Elaine show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

thesultan wrote: »
    What happened the Elaine show?

Literally 4 posts before yours...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

dulpit wrote: »
    Literally 4 posts before yours...

Seems like it has been quietly axed. Had it been scheduled?

Elmo wrote: »
    Seems like it has been quietly axed. Had it been scheduled?

Yes, was scheduled as normal, with repeats scheduled on VM3 the following day. VM3's repeat now replaced by John And Lisa's Weekend Kitchen. It did take a similar unannounced 1 week break back in October.

It's just the lack of communication to the viewer about it is amazing, or lazy. Nothing mentioned on air before they started showing Beat The Chasers at 3pm. Nothing from the official Elaine show twitter, or even Elaine Crowley herself. Treating the viewers badly as usual, and then being replaced by Beat The Chasers - 3 hours of Chasers back to back at daytime at the moment. Following by 3 episodes of Judge Judy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Colette Fitzpatrick yesterday said they would show the full Irish Government media event. At 4.55pm aprox. they cut out off it. False promises again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Virgin Media News recorded its highest ever ratings for its News at 5.30 Wednesday , as 359,000 watched the Government announce new COVID-19 lockdown measures - with viewership peaking at 436,100

Our bulletins continue daily at 12.30, 5.30 and 8pm on Virgin Media One - from virgin media news Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/158397650841501/posts/4299850740029484/

• Advertisement

RTE1 didn't show it would be the explanation. Virgin still pulled away from it as I mentioned before so had to switch to RTE News channel.

Was it at that stage though when the press are asking questions that they cut away from it? The main speeches were already said I thought.

Plus they really needed to show Judge Judy to make their money's worth out of that contract

Richard Chambers slipped up on his pre-recorded video shown this morning on Ireland AM by saying 'Stephen Donnelly tonight' instead off last night.

I wish they would mix things up a bit -it's so monotonous on Ireland AM with the report recorded the night before from the Dept. off Health. They are careful not to claim the report is LIVE.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Was it at that stage though when the press are asking questions that they cut away from it? The main speeches were already said I thought.

Plus they really needed to show Judge Judy to make their money's worth out of that contract

She did say LIVE and in full. It was when Micheal Martin was answering a question about 4.55pm aprox. that they cut away.

Most people I suspect would have switched over to RTE News channel.

No Elaine today, despite it remaining in the listings on VM1. Beat The Chasers S2 repeats continues. Still nothing from VM or Elaine shows twitter about reasons why it's off, and when or if it'll be back.

Surely they'd give some notice.

Elmo wrote: »
    I suppose they don't have to competition any more so they can afford to push the soaps around a bit.

This type of scheduling would have been all over the papers if it was UTV Ireland, no WWTBAM Christmas specials and new ITV dramas largely all over the place.

Theres a new series of WWTBAM on ITV at 8pm and on VM1 at 9pm on Sunday. Not sure why they have it an hour delayed to fit in a Chase Celeb, but at least they're showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,747 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They've also gotten around to airing Gordon, Gino and Fred on their laddish road trips.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

iseegirls wrote: »
    Theres a new series of WWTBAM on ITV at 8pm and on VM1 at 9pm on Sunday. Not sure why they have it an hour delayed to fit in a Chase Celeb, but at least they're showing it.

Is it the same episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

I checked on the sky tv guide online and over the record button it showed the number of the episode and it is the same. This does not mean it is the same one.

• Advertisement

VM gave a big warning on Wednesdays Coronation Street 2nd episode (Peter Barlow drinking yet again) but after the episode made no mention for people off helpline page -thought that was strange.

Elaine back on Monday according to their Instagram.

Odd one - they're reshowing series 2 of The Gadget Buzz late Friday night. Last shown in 2016. There was a collection of those shows on TV3 at the time - The Entertainment Buzz, The Film Buzz and The Gadget Buzz. They must be delving a small bit into their archives. Would reshowing The Apprentice and Take Me Out Ireland do better than other ITV repeats in VM2 and VM3?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

Currently Tipping Point on VM2, Celebrity Tipping Point on VM1 and The Chase Australia on VM3. What choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

I was flicking through the channels a couple of months ago and Philip Schofield was on VM1, VM2 and VM3 at the same time.

Almost regardless of how poor their programming is, their scheduling is appalling!

Currently Tipping Point on VM2, Celebrity Tipping Point on VM1 and The Chase Australia on VM3. What choice!

What happened to Ireland Am. Some of the presenters are at home.

I checked on the sky tv guide online and over the record button it showed the number of the episode and it is the same. This does not mean it is the same one.

They're showing Episode 4 from the previous series. Apart from the Xmas Celebrity ones in that series, and they've shown Episode 5 already (the one with the big winner), they should be showing the new series next week then - the one that started on ITV tonight. But never know with VM.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

I see a Christmas catalogue is still sponsoring programmes on the 17th of January. I'm fairly sure that this sponsorship only started after Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It’s not an ITV production, so doesn’t come within the VM-ITV deal, but does anyone know if “Quiz”, the drama based on the Millionaire coughing scandal which airs on ITV tomorrow night, has been picked up by any Irish broadcaster?

Not sure but it is distributed by Sony who also distribute WWTBAM so don’t see why VM shouldn’t pick it up.

Starts next Sunday, 24th Jan, 9:30 on RTE 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

zeebre12 wrote: »
    I see a Christmas catalogue is still sponsoring programmes on the 17th of January. I'm fairly sure that this sponsorship only started after Christmas?

Yes that’s when they would advertise. It’s like a savings club. Join now for next Christmas

• Advertisement

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Yes that’s when they would advertise. It’s like a savings club. Join now for next Christmas

Also Park didn't do so well this year in Ireland now having left the country, and I think some people are out of pocket.

Go to your post office, and open a post office savings deposit account.

Advertisement