Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Sticky "Honey" Ginger Sesame Cauliflower Wings with "cheesy" chive chips and cinnamon buns.

gSRNu7Ll.jpg

m96ggTVl.jpg

Dem wings tho! They look delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Unearthly wrote: »
    The cat is seriously eyeballing that food ;)

So am I !!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ElKavo wrote: »
    Dem wings tho! They look delish.

Their wings are classsss. Unreal. They do well in competitions with them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Vegan sushi combo - Sova (their kebab is AMAZING btw):

XAhOdGAl.jpg

Mixed mushroom ragu gnocchi - Sova:

8shlNcdl.jpg

Berry Crumble - Sova:

wKAvtyel.jpg

Seitan spice bag - Token:

MiuMUe8l.jpg

Seitan burger - Token (their vegan big mac is unreal too:

k6vIaETl.jpg

Biscoff cake - It's a Trap:

hT7gQUQl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭Worztron

The Biscoff Cake & Seitan Burger look superb! 👍🏻👍🏻

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Maybe ive missed it but where are the wings from?

Veginity! So good.

Mango puree, chia pudding made with organic chia seeds, coconut milk, maple syrup and hint of vanilla extract, topped with coconut chips and brazil nuts.

0NIrX27l.jpg

Spinach, black rice, miso-roasted aubergine, roasted sweet potato, tenderstem brocolli, pea & mint mash, toasted seeds & pomegranate seeds. Dressing: tahini, lemon & garlic

n9GH6ujl.jpg

Massaged cavolo nero, soba noodles, marinated tempeh, balsamic roasted mushrooms, red cabbage & carrot slaw, avocado, spring onion & toasted cashew nuts. Dressing: tahini, lemon & garlic

4svMMxEl.jpg

Sourdough baguette with vegan spicy breaded chicken, garlic mayo, sweet corn, coleslaw, stuffing.

hjWLhzJl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

All your food looks amazing but show us more of the cat it looks gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Banana pancakes.
    Used soy flour and self-raising flour and shop bought egg replacer. First time ever using egg replacer. I suppose it made a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I had spinach, chickpea, cauliflower and sweet potato curry with easy homemade naan. I pureed the sweet potato and that made a kind of sauce. I had a similar curry in the olden days and was trying to recreate it! It wasn't bad at all.

I made a load of this last night

https://deliciouslyella.com/recipes/coconut-lentil-dahl/

but used yellow split peas instead of green lentils, and replaced one of the cans of coconut milk with a can of mutti tomatoes. Also put in a load of chillies and peppers and onions. And didn't use the spices she suggests, just used a few dollaps of Patak's curry paste that I had in the press.
    So actually I didn't really make her recipe at all but you get the idea!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I made a load of this last night

https://deliciouslyella.com/recipes/coconut-lentil-dahl/

but used yellow split peas instead of green lentils, and replaced one of the cans of coconut milk with a can of mutti tomatoes. Also put in a load of chillies and peppers and onions. And didn't use the spices she suggests, just used a few dollaps of Patak's curry paste that I had in the press.
    So actually I didn't really make her recipe at all but you get the idea!

This reminds me of the reviews on any recipe website. :pac:

"I followed the recipe exactly, but replaced the chicken with beef, and used ginger instead of garlic. I had no spring onions so I used carrots. I don't like chilli powder so I used cinnamon instead. I cooked it for twice as long at half the temperature. It was horrible! One star!!"

Outside food time.

Beyond Burger sliced in two and cooked with smoked vegan cheese in the middle w/ pink garlic mayo, chipotle salsa, shredded lettuce and a masseeev onion ring

dCcUykol.jpg

Kimchi Bomb fries loaded w/ lime drizzle, coriander, sriracha , two types of vegan cheese, mashed avocado & sesame seeds

qh0aGxOl.jpg

Some doughnuts! Rolling Donut: Ferrero Roche, Raspberry Jam and Vanilla Pistachio. From Hot Donut: Salted Caramel, Peanut Butter and Lemon Cream

Tu8wF0Ml.jpg

All your food looks amazing but show us more of the cat it looks gorgeous!

Hello from Misa, she is the Queen:

r6pfFEQl.jpg

cupzF0el.jpg

K7tqKySl.jpg

Ahh she's gorgeous! I want one!

Here personality is amazing as well, she is an absolute boss. Spends her days chasing dogs in the park.

Pizza from Base Wood Fire Pizza, amazing. They gave my vegan insta a code for people to use as well - VEGANLIFE15 for 15% off. Will definitely be getting these again.

Tomato sauce (love that this isn't too sweet), vegan mozzarella, homemade cashew ricotta, sun dried tomatoes (and that these bring out a nice sweetness), wild mushrooms (and these bad boys are indeed wild ) & fresh basil.

2DGgzEPl.jpg

White base, vegan mozzarella, sliced potatoes (Irish delicacy), red onion, vegan chorizo (dayum) and fresh rocket.

xyhBKhxl.jpg

They also sell tubs of vegan oreo icecream and 3 doughnuts - vego, biscoff and lemon.

That pizza base looks pretty perfect and good sauce to dough ratio.

Like that they haven’t overdone the toppings either.

A rare find.

Had some leftover lasagne so I put a bit of effort in to a side salad.

Salad - Roasted sweet potato, red cabbage, kale, rocket, 4 bean mix, carrot, cucumber, tomato, red onion and sesame seeds.

Caesar salad dressing is by forks over knives and the liquid can be altered to make it more runny or more like a spread (for salad wraps) -

https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/vegan-sauces-condiments/vegan-caesar-dressing/

Dressings is where it’s at for salads. I have lots to call upon and it changes the whole salad up instantly.

Spinach, vegan cheese, basil, garlic & spring onion ravioli in a creamy garlic, leek & herb sauce.

WY4zT3Vl.jpg

cdWo92kl.jpg

• Advertisement

Made a quiche to go with the remainder of the big salad from yesterday.

Recipe by - https://biancazapatka.com/en/vegan-spinach-quiche/

Bourneville button, walnut & raisin banana bread.

IZU3syjl.jpg

Willing to share recipe source for that bread Tar ?

This recipe https://www.thespruceeats.com/low-fat-vegan-banana-bread-recipe-3376508
    Added the extra fillings randomly which decreases structural integrity but increases taste.

Yeah. I do sometimes lash in other ingredients like Lindt 70% or just top with cinnamon sugar for an almost burnt top crust flavour.

Bake off is it ?

Tried that recipe and added Lindt 70% and walnuts.

Lovely with a coffee or on its own with a bit of butter.

I usually use oats (ground in a processor) when making banana bread so this is a nice change.

Going for some moon vibes with my broccoli soup, which was only amazin'

LKIoccYl.jpg

Miso, garlic, soy sauce, agave & lemon fried noodles with cannellini beans, mushrooms, broccoli, avocado & spring onion. Topped with black & white sesame seeds, ground orange peel, cayenne pepper, poppy seeds, black pepper, ginger & crushed seaweed.

NS5vIapl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Harissa Orzo pasta with courgette, parsley, feta cheese and lemon zest and juice.

https://www.facebook.com/JoeWicksTheBodyCoach/videos/2760846750806350/

SAVE-20210124-200714.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭embraer170

Bake off is it ?

Tried that recipe and added Lindt 70% and walnuts.

Lovely with a coffee or on its own with a bit of butter.

I usually use oats (ground in a processor) when making banana bread so this is a nice change.

Looks great. One of my favourite banana bread recipes is this one, but I will definitely try the one linked above:
    https://rainbowplantlife.com/best-easy-vegan-banana-bread/

Advertisement