Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courses and Bargains in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

www.diveology.com are running an CFT MARINE BIOLOGY COURSE 26-28 march.
    Have a look here www.diveology.com/marinebiology.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Recieved this from Ka
    we have the CFT Marine Biology Course Coming Up and as a special for Boards.ie members we are offering a 10% discount - places are limited - so the price for Boards members will be €135 (Course fee and lunch and dives) more info on http://www.diveology.com/marinebiology.htm

Accomodation is available on site at Corcreggan Mill, George can be contacted directly on 074 9136902 or www.corcreggan.com and he can arrange accomodation in the hostel or B&B at reasonable rates.

Other courses available that you may wish to share details with the members are Irish Sailing Association Yachtmaster Shorebased Courses in Navigation - we can provide a Yachtmaster Coastal Course for an interested group of 8 - we could come to an arrangement to travel to a group - this is usually 2 weekends. Also Marine VHF, this is one weekend with a state exam, 12 per group. First Aid (STCW95) at Sea is also available.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

www.irishdivers.com

PADI courses and dive trips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Scubachick

Kilkee Sub Aqua Club (CFT) are begining Pool Training again on 1st November in Shannon Pool at 8pm. No experiance/ gear necessary, but if you have dived before with any other club/ school you are welcome!

If you want more info you can email me: scubachick@o2.ie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭dublinbay

Courses starting in April
    Advanced Nitrox 4 places
    Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures 2 places
    May Extended Range Diver/Tech Nitrox -2 courses /4 places each course
    EANx blender available on all courses

• Advertisement

4 places left on May erd/tech nitrox

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

http://www.diveology.ie/ are doing fast track CFT courses if you're interested in going down that route instead of PADI. Details on the site.

Anyone interested in tech course up to oc trimix/ccr/pascr details on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tamlinek

anything up to date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

Details of dive centres, forums (fora?) and links on my site: www.scuba.ie

Ta,

Eoin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 colinmcbride

Hi All,
    We are currently running a sale on all gear with as much as 40% off. We need to clear out all the stock and the sale includes everything except cylinders. We have drysuits from €500 and regs from €140.

We are also selling our complete Oceanic Range (brand New stock) at rock bottom prices - if you find it cheaper we will beat it...

Regards
    Colin McBride
    www.first4scuba.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deniseswee

Burren adventures have E50 off PADI Open Water diver courses and good discounts if you have 2 or more people taking a course. http://www.burrenadventures.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Going on holiday in september and the area has great water for diving and always had an interest so something i want to do.

Was thinking it might be benificial to have the basics done so we can enjoy the holiday. From my small amount of research it seems like i need an open water dive cert.

What im wondering is how long will it take what does it consist of and how much will it cost?

The other thing is that my girlfriends uncle dives alot and has a boat now i need to get talking to him but can i do it through him or is there some sort of instructor registerd thing or can he help me with any of it other than practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

You have to go through a training organisation. PADI is probably the most common one. Usually you can do the course over a few weekends or as an intensive 5 day thing.

I can recommend scubadivewest.com for any training. You should be able to find prices on their website. There are plenty of other places in Ireland, but I havn't had any training from them. A google search for PADI Ireland will bring up plenty of results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deniseswee

Definitely get proper tuition and then practice with someone you know. You have to get proper training and certification to go to dive centres worldwide and dive.
    Burren Adventures Dive School give great courses and have a special at the moment with €100 off the PADI open water course.
    http://www.burrenadventures.com

• Registered Users Posts: 16 spudlington

Try a dive in "hard-hat" surface-supplied commercial diving gear. A one day programme for recreational divers to learn more about commercial diving and try a dive in surface-supplied gear.
    http://www.scubadivewest.com/index.php/Surface-Supplied-Air-Diving-Specialty/PADI-Surface-Supplied-Air-Diving-Specialty.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16 spudlington

Two places are currently available on the surface-supplied "Hard-hat diving" specialty, sunday 13th September at Scubadive West.

info@scubadivewest.com

095 43922

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 woollysocks

Daunt are a Scuba / Snorkel club in Cork (dive from Oysterhaven near Kinsale) and are having an open day for new members on Wed 13th Jan. Membership for 2010 is €200 and they have a really good ratio of instructor divers to beginners.
    They are also doing a "try-a-dive" in the pool of the community hall so if you are a complete beginner you can have a go.

The open night is in St. Joseph's Community Hall (beside Mayfield Library) in Cork city.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

true blue sac training in dublin city center are recuriting for the year ahead . anyone interested contact me trough pm

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

First ever Irish apnea academy freediving course on June 12th in Mullaghmore Sligo,
    see www.freediveireland.com for more details

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 donegalscuba

Advertising like this is not allowed. Please review the board charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭hk

Instructor offering very large discounts to boards members on all SDI courses up to divemaster and specialties, incl nitrox drysuit, wreck, deep etc , pm for further details and prices that wont be beaten!

Edit as below, Nitrox course down from 150Euro to 80Euro for Boards Members, I will have further prices shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

hk wrote: »
    Instructor offering very large discounts to boards members on all SDI courses up to divemaster and specialties, incl nitrox drysuit, wreck, deep etc , pm for further details and prices that wont be beaten!

I'm sorry HK - can you provide details of what the prices are before and after the discounts? If not i'll have to remove your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I wasn't sure if this is OK to post, but I figure theres no harm. I welcome any other clubs to add their Try A Dive dates here as well...

Limerick Sub Aqua Club are holding a Try a Dive on Tuesday October 12th and 19th in University Limerick Arena at 8:45PM.
    All equipment is provided, just mention you are with LSAC at the front desk and there should be no charge on the night. Come with a swimsuit only, all other gear will be provided. If you have masks and fins, you are welcome to bring them along. We assemble at poolside and begin at 9PM untill 9:50.

We are also gathering informally on Tuesday October the 5th at the Castletroy Park Hotel at 8:30pm for anyone that has questions or is curious about either snorkeling or SCUBA training. If you prefer to speak with a club member directly, check out the contact info on teh Committee page of our website. http://www.limericksubaqua.com/contactus.html

From October 12th untill late February next year we will be holding snorkel training in the Arena Pool at 9PM every Tuesday night. Anyone interested in keeping fit over the winter and getting to wear snorkel and mask in the beautiful 50m pool are welcome to join us. Come down to the pool and ask for LSAC and we will sort you out!

Obviously more info here: http://www.limericksubaqua.com

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tom75

Hi all,
    If you are looking for a nice time under and above the water join Atlantis SAC.
    At the end of October (20.10. and 27.10. at 9pm), we are hosting Try a Dive evenings in Tallaght Leisure Center for beginners, and we welcome crossovers (divers who want join to us from other organizations).

If you have any questions about how join to www.Atlantisdivingclub.com call Nick 087-6494328 or email atlantis.sac@gmail.com

See you !!!
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Bumpity Bump. Reminder the first try a dive night in UL Arena is Tuesday night this week. Ask for us at reception at 7:30pm.
    There will be an informative presentation before the diving begins for anyone with questions about gear, fees, requirements, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pmcevoy

Hi all,
    Just wanted to let you know that I was recently looking to get a Dome Adapter for my underwater camera case and I discovered this Irish website DiveGalway . While their price was a lot cheaper than some of the UK based sites, it was not as cheap as a US based site (although shipping and customs costs would've made the price almost equal). They were willing to haggle (via email) and I got a tenner off the list price which sealed the deal, and I decided to keep it local.

I am not associated with them in any way: I was happy with the way they dealt with me and I said I'd spread the word. YMMV.

Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 13 meat bomb

Hi Everyone,I'm looking for some advice, whats a reasonable price for a second hand 12 litre short 232 bar tank? The hydro test is in date. it looks like its in good condition but if I buy I'll probably get it inspected for peace of mind anyway. Appreciate any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Howyah lads more pushing here to get rid of them nasty aul tanks and go free like yor meant to. Upcoming days in Portroe quarry on the 30th and 31st.
    http://www.facebook.com/FreediveIreland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

yankinlk wrote: »
    Bumpity Bump. Reminder the first try a dive night in UL Arena is Tuesday night this week. Ask for us at reception at 7:30pm.
    There will be an informative presentation before the diving begins for anyone with questions about gear, fees, requirements, etc.

Aaaand now I know who you are :)

Im the aussie you were talking to.

Advertisement