Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your favourite dram

• 28-03-2017 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

So, what's everyone's favourite whisky here in Scotland? I really enjoy an Ardbeg but I pretty much like all Islay whiskies in reality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Bunnahabhainn for me is the easiest to drink.

I'm not a huge connoisseur but I'm getting into it slowly. Not a huge fan of anything overly 'peaty'.

That Whiskey Experience on The Royal Mile is definitely worth a visit for anyone that hasn't been.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

razorblunt wrote: »
    Bunnahabhainn for me is the easiest to drink.

I'm not a huge connoisseur but I'm getting into it slowly. Not a huge fan of anything overly 'peaty'.

That Whiskey Experience on The Royal Mile is definitely worth a visit for anyone that hasn't been.

Yeah I'd be the same, don't love overly peaty whisky's but surprisingly like Islay ones..don't really know how that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Anything by Laphroaig, I absolutely love the 10y/o.

Bruichladdich- Port Charlotte

Cardhu (Think it was the 12 year old)

I'm definitely a fan of Islay's but there are some crackers from around Scotland.

Yeah I'd be the same, don't love overly peaty whisky's but surprisingly like Islay ones..don't really know how that works.

The thing you have to realise is that peaty and smoky are 2 different things with whisk(e)y. Peatiness is the earthy flavour and smoky would be the burnt flavour. I still find it hard to distinguish the difference between the 2 but it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

What if it's a burnt earth taste?!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭imp1

As a Scotsman living in Ireland, the favourite for me is a Jameson's, with the bottle kept in the fridge, so no ice.

I have always thought Islay whisky was for tourists, not whisky drinkers - Speyside for that, though Highland Park is quite acceptable too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Berwick

Irish: Tullamore Dew
    Scottish: Aberlour

• Registered Users Posts: 1 boilerdoctor

My favourite whisky 🥃 is Lagavulin 16 Year Old, wjust magic 😋, I’m also fond of Laphroaig with my favourite mainland whisky being Glenmorangie.

Advertisement