Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Make England 4 and half stars.

Improve the physical stats of 3(ish) star teams, there's not that big of a gulf in class between the conditioning of the Mexican national team and let's say Brazil.

Sort out the tackling.

Don't expect any of that to change but, this should be feasible:

Have passionate crowds, if the match is tight towards the end, make the crowd noticeably louder than the commentators. At present I struggle to hear the crowd at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Theres even a gulf of physical class between Madrid and most 5 star teams, it's ridiculous.

Also sort out the noobs who constantly have to play with ronaldo and messi and think there a good player because of them.

None of the issues will be sorted as ea are a bunch of lazy pr*cks who won't go outside their comfort zone unless they have to. that's why we need either pes or some other developer to make a better football game and really knock FIFA of the top, at least then we might get a differnt game instead of the same every year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Theres even a gulf of physical class between Madrid and most 5 star teams, it's ridiculous.

Also sort out the noobs who constantly have to play with ronaldo and messi and think there a good player because of them.

None of the issues will be sorted as ea are a bunch of lazy pr*cks who won't go outside their comfort zone unless they have to. that's why we need either pes or some other developer to make a better football game and really knock FIFA of the top, at least then we might get a differnt game instead of the same every year.

PES had knocked them off their perch for quite a few years, until they themselves turned into "a bunch of lazy pr**ks" and let EA back in.

To be honest, I don't think I'll buy either the new PES or FIFA. Instead, I'm just going to be economical and buy PES 6 because, as it turned out, neither EA nor Konami were able to better that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Wilberto wrote: »
    PES had knocked them off their perch for quite a few years, until they themselves turned into "a bunch of lazy pr**ks" and let EA back in.

To be honest, I don't think I'll buy either the new PES or FIFA. Instead, I'm just going to be economical and buy PES 6 because, as it turned out, neither EA nor Konami were able to better that.

It hasn't aged very well in my opinion.

Sensible Soccer on the other hand. Now THERE'S a game!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

I agree though, if we want any significant improvements we need a proper competitor, at this stage PES really only has a cult following. I'd like a new franchise to branch out and bring something new to the table, kind of like what SKATE did to Tony Hawks. Although I THUG is still one of my favourite games ever. Getting off the point though, what I'm saying is that we need a new football game franchise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

any new info?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Make the scoreboard transparent...it always pops up when I'm on the left wing attacking and I can't even see the bloody player with the ball anymore...
    I know you can turn it off but I like having it on to keep an eye on the time etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Crowd chants need to be clearer and more aggressive for big games, big goals, bad tackles etc. Missiles on pitch, toilet paper, flares etc. Would be cool if they had the Barca anthem before and after Barca matches, the Poznan celebration (doesn't have to be mega, could just show a clip of a section of fans doing it).

It would be great if players over-reacted too. For example, throwing hands in the air when a foul is given in a sort of "I got the ball!" plead to the ref, or players getting in each other's faces after an incident and needing to be separated. Even during play have players getting animated like the goalkeeper flipping out at his defence for letting an attacker get a shot away.

I'd like to add to this; a dive button and a hack button! :D

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    It hasn't aged very well in my opinion.

Sensible Soccer on the other hand. Now THERE'S a game!

Pfffft, I'm about to play Master League in PES 6 right now. Hasn't aged a bit!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Pfffft, I'm about to play Master League in PES 6 right now. Hasn't aged a bit!

Yup, I've started playing this again and it's still fantastic. Apart from shooting though!! I remember when I played it first I had the same problem though so no doubt I'll overcome it this time too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

There is a "PES 7" patch for PES 6 on the PC and its fantastic. Have it on my laptop and play it on the tv through hdmi. Its old school pro evo with nice graphics, updated teams etc if you want to get them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1UFjHaGueE

Highly recommended!

I might put my own video up on youtube if anyones wants a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

From what I gather from a couple of people I know at Konami, Pro Evo 2013 won't really be any different to their last couple of outings but they're already writing code for Pro Evo 2014 which is hopefully when that franchise will have some new life breathed into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭Ardent

miralize wrote: »
    Transfer dealings have also been tweaked to mimic the market more closely, with form, contract length and morale all representing a player’s true market value. You can now also meet each bid for one of your players with a counter offer, naming the exact amount it’d cost for someone to snare your prized asset. Similarly, you can now add players into any deal, so be sure to keep a keen eye on the Manchester City reserve squad as they soon could be slotting straight into your starting XI.

This has me excited, can't wait! It may not offer the depth of Football Manager, but that's a good thing tbh. Best hybrid football/managment game for next season.

Nedved85 wrote: »
    There is a "PES 7" patch for PES 6 on the PC and its fantastic. Have it on my laptop and play it on the tv through hdmi. Its old school pro evo with nice graphics, updated teams etc if you want to get them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1UFjHaGueE

Highly recommended!

I might put my own video up on youtube if anyones wants a look.

Do you have a link for that patch? The Youtube video one isn't working and I can't register to join the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Where is the best place to pre-order this?

Ideally, I'd like to get the Ultimate Edition.

If it's an online order, the possibility of getting it a day early or at least guaranteed to be on the release day would swing it for me.

Not too bothered about the price. Even if I paid €70 quid, it is really worth it in comparison to other games. I definitely get more value for price/time spent than any other game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The international things sounds awesome if done right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I would be very happy if they could introduce Academy matches in career mode to grow the players rather then just leaving them rot in the reserves.

The internationals looks interesting so hopefully that works out well.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Like the sound of the improved career mode. International management should add some greater variety

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Career mode sounds fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to pre-order this?

Ideally, I'd like to get the Ultimate Edition.

If it's an online order, the possibility of getting it a day early or at least guaranteed to be on the release day would swing it for me.

Not too bothered about the price. Even if I paid €70 quid, it is really worth it in comparison to other games. I definitely get more value for price/time spent than any other game

Same for me, never give a crap about how much I pay for FIFA as I end up playing it for 11 months every year, something no other game comes close to for me.

It all depends on how early I can get the game, but this year I am going with the season ticket. I know it's money-whoring by EA but FIFA a week early? Good god yes. Also I play Madden, NHL and really want to try their new NBA game aswell as whatever they put on Season ticket like NCAA etc. So it's worth it for me.

As for FIFA 13, the career mode does sound great, it was better in 12 but still needs work so hopefully I can play more than 2 seasons without feeling bored. But really I am most delighted with the mini-games and crossbar challenge/head tennis etc. I can't tell you how much time is spend doing nothing in the arena when the lads are around, finally something to fill that void.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The changes to career mode sound good in theory, but we'll still end up with the likes of Terry signing for Sunderland and Rooney signing for Newcastle. Also, on the international thing, someone on the official FIFA Twitter account said that he was playing through career mode with Valencia and after a few months got an international job offer, yeah, that's really realistic :rolleyes: Here's the tweet actually:
    EA SPORTS FIFA‏@EASPORTSFIFA

I'm playing #FIFA13Career with Valencia C.F right now.Third in the table. 4 months in. Got an offer from the Portugal F.A. Should I take it?

The AI will still be robotic and boring, even on the hardest difficulty. Online will still be a horrendous experience where for 90% of the time you'll play kids who can't handle going a goal down and quitting or adults who obsess over their ranking.

At the end of the day it will just be the same as every other FIFA with updated squads and jerseys etc. I've bought it every year as far back as I can remember, but this will be the first year I don't bother.

The people in charge are more concerned with getting people to purchase packs on Ultimate Team than producing a half decent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition during the week for €5.

I've pretty much stopped playing Fifa 12 but I genuinely can't wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

BKC wrote: »
    Pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition during the week for €5.

I've pretty much stopped playing Fifa 12 but I genuinely can't wait for this!

€5:eek: please tell us where?

€5:eek: please tell us where?

€5 deposit. :p

€3 for the normal edition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

BKC wrote: »
    €5 deposit. :p

€3 for the normal edition.

On gamestop for €63?

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    On gamestop for €63?

Gamestop, yeah. I didn't know how much it cost though. I just asked to pre-order it and paid my €5.

Advertisement