Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I just got nutritional information from Pierres who supply the hot deli counters in most shops. I felt sick when I worked out the wedges are 20 points! That's a day's eating!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ergonomics wrote: »
    That's a day's eating!
    You can also look at it as good value! my Chinese weighed 845g in total so 2x422.5g meals, most WW ready meals are ~300g, most mircrowaveable meals are around 400g. I only ate half my Chinese so in effect get 2 meals for only €6.40.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

I don't suppose anybody knows how many points are in a Cafe Sol egg mayo sambo with brown bread - it normally costs €1.50 I think. Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 paulam

Yep sorry meant 100mls. Cheers for the advice tks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hug0

Hi does anyone know how many weight watcher points are in a nairns oat biscuit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

hug0 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know how many weight watcher points are in a nairns oat biscuit?

The ginger and fruit berry ones? They are 1.5pts for 2.

These are mixed berry I think. They are prob the same amount of points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

Yeah I meant ginger as one type and berry as another type! My bad!

They are all 1.5pts for 2.

Avoca sell individual packs of 2 biscuits which are handy to have in your bag/lunchbox and also stop you eating the whole pack!

Ah I get ya! O might buy those so as hard not to scoff the lot once bag is is open or else I lose half of mine as they roll around my handbag as I try to put some back!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Dunnes now do the oat cakes in a chocolate version (very tasty:D:D) - only available in the snack packs (2 per packs as stated above), the bigger stores do them and do the mixed berry ones in the snack pack too!!

All are 1.5 pts for 2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nikki Ze

Im just after finding this site, Ive been on the WW before and managed to lose over 5stone however fastforward a couple o years and I managed to put 2 of them back on again, Ive been back on it now for the past few weeks but it is not coming off like I remember it even though for the last 3 weeks I have seen exercising almost every day and pointing a little lower then my allowence, the first 2 weeks I lost 2 pounds but then this week only lost half a pound and feeling dishartened now a little, just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this? and if sohow did they overcome it?
    thanks guys!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Nikki Ze wrote: »
    first 2 weeks I lost 2 pounds but then this week only lost half a pound and feeling dishartened now a little, just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this?
    Almost everybody does! if you drink a pint of water you will instantly put on over 1 lb.
    if sohow did they overcome it?
    Add up all your weeks and track average loss, in 3 weeks you lost 4.5lb, which is 1.5lb per week, the MAX doctors recommend losing is 1-2lb per week. I aimed for 0.5lb per week myself and found it easier and many reckon the slower it comes off the more likely it will stay off.

Most people lose more in the first few weeks anyway, the more you lose and get closer to your goal weight then the slower it is to come off, this is perfectly normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Im just after finding this site, Ive been on the WW before and managed to lose over 5stone however fastforward a couple o years and I managed to put 2 of them back on again, Ive been back on it now for the past few weeks but it is not coming off like I remember it even though for the last 3 weeks I have seen exercising almost every day and pointing a little lower then my allowence, the first 2 weeks I lost 2 pounds but then this week only lost half a pound and feeling dishartened now a little, just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this? and if sohow did they overcome it?
    thanks guys!!:D

Sometimes it can take a while for your body to catch up with the reduced amount going into it. I fine I ofter dont get a good result when I have had a fantastic week but I will get the loss the next week. Just hng in and I am sure once you stayed within your points it will show up next week. Drink lots of water to keep you flushed out.

Best of luck, you did it before so you can do it again.

Sometimes it can take a while for your body to catch up with the reduced amount going into it. I fine I ofter dont get a good result when I have had a fantastic week but I will get the loss the next week. Just hng in and I am sure once you stayed within your points it will show up next week. Drink lots of water to keep you flushed out.

Best of luck, you did it before so you can do it again.

Im definately going to say on it, its the only way I could sick to a diet, its a fantastic system. just get impatiant sometime:o this forum is fab I find it so helpful to chat to people going through it! oh and that Uk Lady Luck site is amazing! how have you found it, have you been on it for long?

rubadub wrote: »
    Almost everybody does! if you drink a pint of water you will instantly put on over 1 lb.

Add up all your weeks and track average loss, in 3 weeks you lost 4.5lb, which is 1.5lb per week, the MAX doctors recommend losing is 1-2lb per week. I aimed for 0.5lb per week myself and found it easier and many reckon the slower it comes off the more likely it will stay off.

Most people lose more in the first few weeks anyway, the more you lose and get closer to your goal weight then the slower it is to come off, this is perfectly normal.

thank you it helps so much to hear that, I think I was just worried cause it seamed slower then I rememder when I originally, but your right it does all add up! thanks again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

how am i supposed to pint my mom's lovely brown soda bread?

and what about oven chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Melia

For the bread, you can add up the calories and saturated fat of all the ingredients, and divide by the number of slices, or you could go by the points of a similar bread, e.g. McCambridges, providing your slices are the same size.

For oven chips from a shop, the nutritional information will be on the packaging. If you're making them, go by the points of the amount of potato you've used plus oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭s.a.man

I don't suppose anybody knows how many points are in a Cafe Sol egg mayo sambo with brown bread - it normally costs €1.50 I think. Thanks a mil.

There is about 7.5 points in one of those sarnies. Which is quite high cos of the mayonaisse.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 spontits

hi folks!!

am i right in thinking that a 6oz steak is equal to 6 points, 8oz equal to 8 points, etc etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 spontits

also....
    in my meeting this week, we were given samples of linwoods milled seeds.

the trainer showed us what the points value was, but i didnt think i'd like them so didnt pay much attention to the value.

so.... if anyone knows what the ww points would be, or where i'd find out, much appreciated :):)

quite good stuff.... very good for getting things moving haha ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

Help - I gave in to temptation today and had chicken & leek pie for lunch. It wasn't a massive portion but wondering if anybody knows the points for this? I presume it had cream in it - plus bit of pastry on top :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PinkBottle

Hey Guys, I joined WW last week, and well...I would be lying if I said I was finding it easy to stick to the plan.
    I gave into temptation today and had a whispa bar and a packet of silver mints as i was travelling up on the bus to Uni. What would the points be for them??

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

Just wondering about curry powders.........

Is there a good zero point one that I can use for my zero-point soup?

I know there definately used to be some that were fairly low.

I used to go to ww years ago then i stopped and went again for a second time.
    during the first time in 2004 and 2006, there used to be ww ham and pineapple and some other type of ww pizza in some stores.
    am back doing ww on my own this time and i can't find these pizzas in any shop.
    does anyone know if any shop still sells them?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Dunnes sells them as far as I know, or they did up until a few months ago. Not sure which ones but definitely have WW pizzas. They are gorgeous!

I don't usually do my shopping in dunnes but i'll have a look there tonight or at the weekend.
    thanks for the tip, they were really nice especially because i really miss pizzas

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Speaking of pizzas - the Dr. Oetker chicken pizza works out at 13 points for a whole one. Split it with the other half and make a big salad... gorgeous dinner for not too many points

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Depression.... I have been SO good this week foodwise and was carrying a lot of extra points but I only lost 1 point... So disappointed. I didnt do much exercise though.. Had lost 5 lbs the week before.

Losing five pounds in a week is brilliant and even with the one this week that's still an average of three per week which is well above average-well done!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aoifeL57

Hi, I am doing ww one year and i am i pound and ahalf from losing my 2stone. I am delighted and would never look back, but from Jan 10 to now, i am losng the weight very slowly and in my opinion am not doing anything diff as to what i was doing before xmas.this is my daily routine:
    breakfast - porridge with water
    lunch - apple, banana and ww yogurt
    two ryvita and ww cheese slice

dinner - ww meal
    2 ww buscuits

try and drinks at least and litre and half of water
    i walk 30 mins a days briskly.

there was a period when i was going to ww and the scales was staying the same not losing or not gaining. i am getting very frustrated as i also gave up drink for lent and thought i might of seen more of a result.
    has anyone any ideas or reasons as why this is happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

Hi All, I have a quick query for ye - i hate the taste of skim/low fat milk so only use whole fat milk in my cereal, this is the only milk i use all day as do not drink tea/coffee - how many points should I allocate to this? Its not a huge amount, thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement