Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If you go onto the website it'll show how long until credit you currently have expires.

If you'd a balance from before change it'll note the balance but won't give a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

Maybe it’s been mentioned before but it seems you can use excess credit on GAAGO.

I had a bunch of credit disappear a while ago, they promised itemised billing showing where it went, but it never happened. In the end I took it as an opportunity to move my number to 48, it's amazing being able to call people again without having to use some kind of VOIP, or worry about chewing through credit.

I still have another legacy 3 SIM that I've moved all my subs across to, and I'm just going to make sure I never let it build up too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Basil3 wrote: »
    I had a bunch of credit disappear a while ago, they promised itemised billing showing where it went, but it never happened. In the end I took it as an opportunity to move my number to 48, it's amazing being able to call people again without having to use some kind of VOIP, or worry about chewing through credit.

I still have another legacy 3 SIM that I've moved all my subs across to, and I'm just going to make sure I never let it build up too much.

48 are owned by Three if you weren't aware.

Asus X540L wrote: »
    48 are owned by Three if you weren't aware.

I am, but thanks for checking.

I'm not salty over it, like I'm sure a lot of people would be. I just felt like my accumulated credit was always keeping me tied to that plan, and I really missed being able to make a phone call without having to think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Darby_321

Hi guys, i went on to spend some of my 3 credit on the play store and it was saying my 3 billing was unavailable so i removed it from my payment methods and then went to add it again but now there is nothing showing up to allow me to select 3 billing. Its only shows the option of adding another credit card. Does anybody know what is going on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Darby_321 wrote: »
    Hi guys, i went on to spend some of my 3 credit on the play store and it was saying my 3 billing was unavailable so i removed it from my payment methods and then went to add it again but now there is nothing showing up to allow me to select 3 billing. Its only shows the option of adding another credit card. Does anybody know what is going on here?

No idea but I just spent 3 credit on iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭lisij

Does any one were able to set up their apple payment option as a mobile phone? I cant get past the verification code, once i entered the verification code the message pops out unable to verify the code. Im kinda stuck

And if some one did managed to set it up, does it uses your three credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

lisij wrote: »
    Does any one were able to set up their apple payment option as a mobile phone? I cant get past the verification code, once i entered the verification code the message pops out unable to verify the code. Im kinda stuck

I have bought music on iTunes with 3 phone credit

lisij wrote: »

Never mind, sorted. Was some sort of a bug or something.
    And yes tested it with app store all works fine, finally can spend my credit

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    I have bought music on iTunes with 3 phone credit

Yes works fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭thebo

Might be mentioned already but can pay for twitch subscriptions with credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭NinetyForNone

thebo wrote: »
    Might be mentioned already but can pay for twitch subscriptions with credit.
    Cost €6.99 pm instead of €4.99 pm. Guess twitch add on the commission taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Is there any post with a list what o3 credit can be used for ? Or do I have to read through 130+ pages ?

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Is there any post with a list what o3 credit can be used for ? Or do I have to read through 130+ pages ?

There's a list in the OP which covers most stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You mean 3 credit? The sticky in post 1 has the main ones but it needs updating. For the rest you will need to have scan of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Yes I can't edit the original post unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Cloud Storage
    VPN

Then random apps that pop up as useful
    Tapet, changes wallpaper, cant set the colours it uses
    Hermit, make lite versions of apps or turn webpages into app (like boards for one)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Then streaming options like Shudder and Disney+ ...I'm chuffed with both of these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

You can use text numbers to donate to a lot of charities, ultimately a better use of the credit than leaving it expire!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

roblox credit
    mubi sub
    epic game store
    play store (books, games, films)
    parking tag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Dropbox
    PIA vpn

IOS:
    Apple store for apps/games/ in app/game purchases, apple subscriptions ( iCloud, apple music, tv+)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I have been stacking my credit into bitcoin using Coingate to Coinbase, also have a 4g router so have it from 2 devices, I get about 26e for every €60 worth of credit, anyway for about 3-4 months stacking and the recent increase in bitcoin I just bought the new raspberry pi4 kit from the Pi Hut, so basically a new computer for around 8 months worth of credit, quite pleased with myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

bennyc wrote: »
    I have been stacking my credit into bitcoin using Coingate to Coinbase, also have a 4g router so have it from 2 devices, I get about 26e for every €60 worth of credit, anyway for about 3-4 months stacking and the recent increase in bitcoin I just bought the new raspberry pi4 kit from the Pi Hut, so basically a new computer for around 8 months worth of credit, quite pleased with myself :D

I tried to get bitcoin and got lost when it was not say E14 it was 14.000 or something and gave up

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

thats exactly how it should be done. nice post bennyc. the credit is useless for apps and calls. better to transfer it into bitcoin. And also to exchange it soon as many stories on this forum of people building up loads of credit for it to disappear.

And i like that you are not stupid enough to speculate on bitcoin value. Better to buy something with it. and those raspberrys are great. more raspberrys sold across the world than any other computer.

im using my 20euro credit for youtube family. not great value but i dont want to waste time messing with an adblocker. and music is handy too. disney plus is good too. but cant get both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

How exactly do you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

sweetie wrote: »
    epic game store

How's that one work? On mobile and don't see option

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Very interesting!

Do your coins go to a wallet or stay with a coingate exchange wallet? What would the fees be to send the coins to the likes of Coinbase to cash out?

Advertisement