Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Today is my last day at work before getting married at the weekend!!! :D I'm so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Today is my last day at work before getting married at the weekend!!! :D I'm so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck CL, it’s a stressful but wonderful day and one you’ll remember for the rest of your life.

Only little bit of advice I would give is try to find a little bit of time for just the two of you. Might sound easy however the day flys by and is always someone who will want to talk to you or somewhere you have to be etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Oh WOW!!! Have a ball CL. I still remember mine like it was yesterday, just sit back & relax as much as you can & take it all in as it goes by in a heartbeat!!

Have a great day & all the best for your future together!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Best of luck CheerLouth, have a fantastic day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Have a lovely day and honeymoon, CL !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Best of luck and congrats, CL! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Best of luck and enjoy every moment of the day CL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

What a treasured time for you both Cheer! Congratz!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Amazing!! Have a great day. That’s come around so quickly. I echo the sentiment make time just for the two of ye the day goes by farrrr too quickly.

I’m also going to a wedding this weekend so I’m just assuming it’s yours now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Congrats CL. Hope you both have a great day

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d2e5d396d61695032ea05f9&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Congratulations to you both. Have a great day and a great marriage:)

Thank you all so much! See you all on the other side - except you, Loughc, see you at the wedding :cool::p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Many congratulations!

Have a wonderful day and many happy years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

Just back from my holidays so belated congratulations.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I am using a Christmas mug for my tea in work today :D

We brought the kids in to see Annie the musical in the BGE Theatre on Saturday, never realised it was set around christmas, all the references to seasons greetings, merry christmas & happy holidays caught me on the hop. Knew the basic story but never remembered Annie originally only moving in with Oliver Warbucks for 2 weeks over the Christmas holidays. Made me smile anyway!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you watch something you recorded around Christmas. It may not be a Christmas program/film but the Christmas ads come on.

I did that a couple of days ago. Made me smile. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Weather is overcast and windy in cork today and apart from the mild temperatures it reminds me of an autumn/winter day :-) made me feel Christmassy for a bit :-P

1. It's the Friday of a La-la-la-la-la-long weekend :D

2. The surprise Jungle Gym that we've ordered for the kids is arriving today :D Mr. CL can't wait to spend his weekend assembling it :P:pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

1. It's the Friday of a La-la-la-la-la-long weekend :D

2. The surprise Jungle Gym that we've ordered for the kids is arriving today :D Mr. CL can't wait to spend his weekend assembling it :P:pac::D

How did the wedding go MRS. CL?

:)

Loughc wrote: »
    How did the wedding go MRS. CL?

:)

It was just brilliant! The best of days! Everything was just perfect and everyone was really chilled out, there was no stress or panic over anything. One of our guests said to me that it was the most relaxed wedding she'd been to :D

We just wish we could do it all again tomorrow! The kids had a ball too, the eldest keeps saying "mam, can we talk about the wedding?" And then we have an hour by hour of what happened from the Friday to the Sunday - she's gas :D:D:D

It was just brilliant! The best of days! Everything was just perfect and everyone was really chilled out, there was no stress or panic over anything. One of our guests said to me that it was the most relaxed wedding she'd been to :D

We just wish we could do it all again tomorrow! The kids had a ball too, the eldest keeps saying "mam, can we talk about the wedding?" And then we have an hour by hour of what happened from the Friday to the Sunday - she's gas :D:D:D

Great to hear all went well. You are well settled into domestic marriage bliss by now :D

It's Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! :D

It's Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! :D

And in less than 3 weeks we will be in double figures into the countdown!

And in less than 3 weeks we will be in double figures into the countdown!

If my maths is correct Sept. 17th is day 99... not far away at all. :)

Weeks are flying by.
    Work being crazy busy is helping that I suspect as I seem to suffering through a series of deadlines that have me flat out most of the week. Coupled with work being done in the house in the background and everything seems to be hectic for us atm. Hence looking forward to the weekends immensely! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

DvB wrote: »
    If my maths is correct Sept. 17th is day 99... not far away at all. :)

Weeks are flying by.
    Work being crazy busy is helping that I suspect as I seem to suffering through a series of deadlines that have me flat out most of the week. Coupled with work being done in the house in the background and everything seems to be hectic for us atm. Hence looking forward to the weekends immensely! :D

You’re exactly right. 17th is my sister in laws birthday but more importantly it brings us to double digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Autumn clothes.
    Not only they look fab; they also are generally more classic, better quality and longer lasting than Summer ones. So they last longer and it is a real pleasure for me to take them out again for a spin !

otnomart wrote: »
    Autumn clothes.
    Not only they look fab; they also are generally more classic, better quality and longer lasting than Summer ones. So they last longer and it is a real pleasure for me to take them out again for a spin !

Also covers more, so no more pressure to keep in 't-shirt shape'!

• Advertisement

I am working hard at getting into 'Bake Off' shape. :D

Advertisement