Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ship register archives

• 13-02-2021 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I found my great great grandfather on the 1911 census as a crew member of a boat in limerick. The name of the boat is lady of the lake. I've tried Records of the Registrar General of Shipping and Seamen, 1863–1921 but not getting any result.
    I'd like to see if i can get some info on the vessel if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

Limerick was quite a busy port back then with passenger and freight sailings to London, Liverpool and Glasgow. There was a 'Limerick Steam shipping Company' that lasted in the late 1900's and there is a book on them - it might have a list of their vessels.. The 'Lady of the Lake' is a very common name in that era and copied from a famous boat that was disassembled and carried up to Lake Titicaca and reassembled. Newspaper archives would probably be your bets bet if she's not in Lloyds.

Advertisement