Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spotify or phone hacked/ controlled.

• 23-10-2020 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

My wife thinks that someone is affecting the playlist on Spotify of friends she follows. She looked at a friends account and it had a certain artist and song that was recently listened too, she called the person and they said that they didn’t listen too it. I think it’s a software glitch but she thinks it’s a ex who has hacked her phone and is messing with other peoples playlists!!! Is it possible that someone can or would do this? She thinks they are messing at her Pinterest account and changing people who she is following or who followed her.

Any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Thestart wrote: »
    My wife thinks that someone is affecting the playlist on Spotify of friends she follows. She looked at a friends account and it had a certain artist and song that was recently listened too, she called the person and they said that they didn’t listen too it. I think it’s a software glitch but she thinks it’s a ex who has hacked her phone and is messing with other peoples playlists!!! Is it possible that someone can or would do this? She thinks they are messing at her Pinterest account and changing people who she is following or who she has followed.

Any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe your wife's friend was too embarrassed to admit they liked the artist/song?

Obvious thing to do here by your wife's friend is to reset all passwords.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Thestart

Or maybe your wife's friend was too embarrassed to admit they liked the artist/song?

Obvious thing to do here by your wife's friend is to reset all passwords.

Thanks for reply, she already did this but still thinks someone has access to her phone and can see the change!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭pah

This happened to me a couple of years ago. I had installed spotify on my PlayStation and logged in with a one time user code linked to my account which is through facebook. Not long after this my account was hacked ( not sure how ) I would open spotify and find latino/spanish/south american music playing. I would put on my own stuff and it would keep switching back.

I signed out of everywhere through the website changed my password and enabled 2fa on my Facebook account. Didn't happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭pah

Thestart wrote: »
    Thanks for reply, she already did this but still thinks someone has access to her phone and can see the change!

As above, how does she access spotify? It can be through FB twitter Google or direct login. Sign out of all devices through the spotify account in browser enable 2fa on your sign in method.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

pah wrote: »
    This happened to me a couple of years ago. I had installed spotify on my PlayStation and logged in with a one time user code linked to my account which is through facebook. Not long after this my account was hacked ( not sure how ) I would open spotify and find latino/spanish/south american music playing. I would put on my own stuff and it would keep switching back.

I signed out of everywhere through the website changed my password and enabled 2fa on my Facebook account. Didn't happen again

Yep mine got hacked before too. Same story, weird songs being played when logging in and I could see a phone listed in the devices that I didn't recognise. Signing out of everywhere and changing the password sorted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭TheChizler

If you've multiple devices linked to these services other people with access to these devices could be inadvertently using the account.

https://support.spotify.com/ie/article/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/

Advertisement