Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programs to create mobile applications

• 18-08-2017 12:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi, I want to get started with creating applications to publish on the app store to start making a living from developing mobile applications, gaming apps preferably, but I have been doing some research but I just can't find a program to start creating my apps on, every website I look on is trying to promote their own program for people to buy which cost around 100 euro or more, I wanted to find out what most developers use to create their apps on, any answers are appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Try ionic.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Try unity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 theninehertz

If you know Html & Css then you try ionic platform for non-app developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Valerie Matthews

Thanks for suggestions!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If you are looking at gaming apps ionic will be little or no use to you, look at Corona SDK or Unity. If you want to make something non-gaming then yes check out ionic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 biokay

You can learn react native to build hybrid apps. That is building andriod and ios apps with just one code

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

If you are thinking to develop games, then Unity is the answer. However, to make high-quality mobile games, you can also connect Unity with the Firebase platform and probably this link https://cloud.google.com/solutions/connecting-firebase-and-unity-to-create-a-gaming-leaderboard is helpful.

On the contrary, if you are familiar with front-end development and want to create and launch free mobile applications with the help of an open-source platform, then you can also go with Firebase https://blog.back4app.com/firebase/. Yes, it is a software development platform that supports you to test applications on different devices, push notifications, hosting, deployment and debugging of apps. Its real-time databases would also assist you in updating your apps quickly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Their post is 4 years old and the op is banned...I would imagine by now they have decided what they are gonna use.

Advertisement