Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Previous housemates took my Nutribullet

• 04-08-2020 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I moved out of an apartment share and realised I'd left my Nutribullet blender behind. I thought I'd taken it with me, it was only when I wanted to use it again a few weeks later I realised I hadn't and was sure I'd actually popped it into my wardrobe when packing up my stuff and left it behind.

I txt my housemate (lets call him Max) to let him know I'd left it there and asked could I pop by to collect it. He informed me that my other housemates (a couple) had since moved out and had taken the Nutribullet with them. He also added "They use it every day".

I contacted the female of the couple (who was always very stand offish with me) and politely asked for it back. Her boyfriend (Tom) then contacted me to ask what I was talking about. When I explained, he said Max was clearly playing a prank, as he has had his own Nutribullet for years. He said he rang Max who started laughing at the joke he played.

So I contacted Max and said "Tom said you were playing some sort of prank? Can you have a look for my nutribullet please, it should be in my wardrobe." He responded that it wasn't a joke and my Nutribullet isn't there.

I contacted Tom with a screenshot of same and he insisted it's his own Nutribullet.

Nutribullet's aren't cheap, but it's also the principle of the situation. Tom and his girlfriend have made me feel like a mug. It doesn't help that they weren't particularly nice to me when I lived there.

I'm really annoyed. Do I have any leg to stand on here? Any way of finding proof of ownership?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Do you have its receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,235 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Life can be one crashing blow after another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

They've said it's their own blender. Maybe Max stole yours? Id say in any case it's gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

You moved out a few weeks. Unless you were paying for storage or requested that they hold something for you. New tenant doesnt want a nutrient bullet in the wardrobe. Consider it dumped. Dont hassle yourself with trying to track it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

When you lived with the couple can you remember them using a Nutribullet? If not, and they all of a sudden have one, then it is likely that they have yours. Even if that is the case, you are unlikely to get it back given their response. You would need proof that it is yours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod Note

Danzy and Jeffkenna if you've nothing constructive to offer the OP in the way of advice, please don't post. Please familiarise yourselves with the Charter before posting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi op

im not clear how you forgetting to take your blender when moving out is a personal issue? IE what the problem is!

you contacted the tenant still there Max, and he told you its not there now. Tom says he has his own nutribullet - and if they used it everyday, but yours was in the wardrobe - is it at least possible he does have his own one?

Anyway you will need some proof before accusing him of lying. Do you have proof of purchase etc, ? did you use your credit card, or order online? you might get paper work that way. If you paid cash ... your out of luck.

if no proof of purchase then chalk it up to expereince.

So lesson no 1. , don't forget stuff when moving out. Lesson no 2, save receipts.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

Hi op

im not clear how you forgetting to take your blender when moving out is a personal issue? IE what the problem is!

you contacted the tenant still there Max, and he told you its not there now. Tom says he has his own nutribullet - and if they used it everyday, but yours was in the wardrobe - is it at least possible he does have his own one?

Anyway you will need some proof before accusing him of lying. Do you have proof of purchase etc, ? did you use your credit card, or order online? you might get paper work that way. If you paid cash ... your out of luck.

if no proof of purchase then chalk it up to expereince.

So lesson no 1. , don't forget stuff when moving out. Lesson no 2, save receipts.

A receipt just proves the OP once bought a nutribullet. It doesn't prove that particular one was taken by Max or Tom or the nameless girlfriend.

OP, it's gone and you won't get it back. The sooner you get over it the happier you'll be. Splash out on a nice new one and move on.

To be honest, in my houseshare days there was a general policy of 'rescuing' things that were forgotten by previous tenants. I've lost and gained more miscellaneous tat that way than I could ever count. I don't know if I would have had the nerve to brazen it out if I was directly asked to return something though. Anyway, if Tom does have it he's keeping it, a pretty minor offence.

Why was Max so eager to grass on Tom, that's what I want to know. Does he have a secret desire for anonymous female?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

How much of this is wanting to save face and how much is wanting the thing back?

Nutribullets are expensive and it's a a kicker that you're having difficulties getting if back, but it's an object you left behind and weeks later tried to go back for it. It's a shame your ex housemates can't do the honest thing, but if they were pretty off with you all along, is it worth getting involved with them any further?

Write it off, draw a line under it and move on from the pair of them.

Advertisement