Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Massey Ferguson 35 registering / new log book

Options
  • 14-06-2020 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Hi folks my other half her father, is after gifting us a tractor, an Mf 35. We have a farm as well but no tractor so thinking I might use it on it. However, tractor has no log book and I don’t think there is a compliance plate. How does one go about registering it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Do you know the registration number of the tractor? If so, there's a form you can get that needs to be stamped by a MF dealer and cosigned by a commissioner of the peace and then sent to Shannon. I can't rememt the name of the form but contact Shannon and they'll tell you. It's online I'm sure aswell. Bit of a faff, but can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭madmac187

TrailerBob wrote: »
    Do you know the registration number of the tractor? If so, there's a form you can get that needs to be stamped by a MF dealer and cosigned by a commissioner of the peace and then sent to Shannon. I can't rememt the name of the form but contact Shannon and they'll tell you. It's online I'm sure aswell. Bit of a faff, but can be done.

No plates and no log book lol so no idea, can it still be done ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

I'd say it would be a new registration in that case. Which would look strange if even possible. I'd contact Shannon if you want to do it legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Dirty Nails

madmac187 wrote: »
    Hi folks my other half her father, is after gifting us a tractor, an Mf 35. We have a farm as well but no tractor so thinking I might use it on it. However, tractor has no log book and I don’t think there is a compliance plate. How does one go about registering it?

Had to do that years ago.
    You have to get the tractor aged but Massey have no records.
    Perkins importer in Dublin Edina.ie dated the engine for me off the engine number.You'll need a sales invoice of some sort with a date.I had this tractor for 15 years before I registered it,so they accepted an invoice that I wrote myself :)
    Better if you could get someone across the border to give you a recent invoice.
    I had to pay a penalty as well as the VRT. It's the VRT section of NCT you need to contact.
    Or else go to your local tax office with the engine or frame number,they can check if it's already registered.

Advertisement