Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 250 Nunes V Spencer

• 05-06-2020 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭

Usual times. Early prelims 11.30. 1-3 + 3-6 on bt not ppv

250.png

This looks an absolute cracker of a card and don't think there'll be too many bad fights.
    I can't call half these fights.
    The main looks a formality for Nunes, spencer is tough but to me that's about it.
    She looks so slow in comparison!

Cody needs this win badly and I hope he gets it, would love to see him back in contention.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Can't wait for this card, as far as numbered cards go it's not stacked with household names but on paper some absolutely cracking fights!

Sterling v Sandhagen im looking forward to the most. Interested to see how Hooper gets on also, Bruce Leeroy is a tough fight with the amount of experience he has.

Link for the Pick'em for anyone that hasn't joined - https://fantasy.espn.com/games/ufc-250-pickem/group?id=fa38c323-b6b8-49eb-add5-2da4704061c3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Some decent intriguing fights but more for the hardcore. Pretty bad card for a PPV event! Some recent fight nights have been equal or better!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I think if you took away the nunes fight and maybe the cory fight it would probably be a fight night
    so many close match ups on paper, there'll be plenty of wars and exciting finishes all going well
    If I'm being honest I wasn't certain that this was a numbered card :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I'm going for lots of finishes again tonight. Like last week, the small cage brings a lot more engagement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I'm going for lots of finishes again tonight. Like last week, the small cage brings a lot more engagement.

I checked out if interest and last week 6 stoppages and 5 decisions. That pretty much on average for ufc events with historic stoppage rates at an average of 55%

• Advertisement

Beersmith wrote: »
    I checked out if interest and last week 6 stoppages and 5 decisions. That pretty much on average for ufc events with historic stoppage rates at an average of 55%

Jesus, it seemed like more. I suppose the final 3 fights all went to decision, with the main and co-main being flops compared to everything that came before.

Quarintillo v Carlyle and Chookagian v Schevchenko were very entertaining decisions though with a hell of a lot of strikes thrown.

What time do the fight pass prelims start at tonight?

Live now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

in 5 mins to first fight, coverage on now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Slick from Burns. Thought Dunham might have stunned him with the striking but seemingly not.

• Advertisement

Slick, quick finish there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

LHW being its usual ****e self anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Great turn around for Devin Clark there, deserves that win after such a tough first round. As to how one judge scored Clark as winning the first round well that's UFC judging baby

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    LHW being its usual ****e self anyway.

Alexander Gustafsson on his way back out of retirement but I don't have much faith we'll see him anywhere close to when he was a world beater against Jones in their first fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I really like this card.

Chase Hooper v Bruce Leeroy is interesting, Chase by sub perhaps.

Can’t wait to see O’Malley again, Wineland could make it to a decision though.

The other two bantamweight fights are so tough to call. Head says Assuncao and Sandhagen.

Spencer is really durable and could push Nunes a bit. If she can close the distance and get some takedowns it will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    Alexander Gustafsson on his way back out of retirement but I don't have much faith we'll see him anywhere close to when he was a world beater against Jones in their first fight.

He's coming back to HW isn't he?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

derfderf wrote: »
    He's coming back to HW isn't he?

Apparently so. He's meant to be lining up a fight with Werdum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Still Ill

How was that guy allowed fight with two earrings?!

Apparently so. He's meant to be lining up a fight with Werdum.

I assume it's a stepping stone back to LHW, can't see him hanging around at HW after Werdum

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Still Ill wrote: »
    How was that guy allowed fight with two earrings?!

It was tape on his ears. He wears those big disc things in his earlobes that stretch them out.

• Advertisement

It was tape on his ears. He wears those big disc things in his earlobes that stretch them out.

Ah, cheers.. Thought I was going insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Anyone else dying of the thirst, need some watee!!

Caceres looks like a pokemon evolution of Hooper.

Man v Boy there. Big step back required for Hooper. Keep him away from strikers, let him develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,482 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah, the hype train was fairly cooled there. I think he's far too young to be in there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

somebody pm me a decent river please

Now for the other hype train but I think O'Malley is the real deal.

Wow!

Yeah, that's the hype train I like. O'Malley is gonna go all the way, he'll be the biggest name in the UFC some day soon.
    Loved the way he just walked away after the shot..

• Advertisement

O'Malley's fighting style reminds me so much of McGregor.

Advertisement