Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How well do you know Dublin English?

• 31-05-2020 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone!

I’m Chris. I am a PhD student at a French university (University Jean Moulin Lyon 3) and I am currently conducting a linguistic research on Dublin English.

I have created a survey on the perception of Dublin English and I would like to know if you could complete it (till the end) and share it to as many Dubliners as possible. This would be so helpful!

My PhD largely depends on the data collected through this survey, which is why I try to send it to as many people as possible. It's been very difficult to promote it so I'm trying to share it here hoping it will reach enough people :)

Here is the link to the survey: https://sondage.univ-lyon3.fr/index.php/723174?lang=en

Anybody can complete the survey as long as they live in Dublin :)

If you need any additional information please feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance :)

Stay safe and have a good day!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I would take the survey, but I'm a Buffalonian.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Lived in Dub once-upon-a-time, but not today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 surfdudette

Is this only for Dublin city, or does it include Dublin county? Got as far as the map when I saw it only included the city boundaries but only 'Dublin' was stated, so it's not clear. It should be stated if it's only for the city or if it's for the whole county.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MONAGHANSG wrote: »
    Is this only for Dublin city, or does it include Dublin county? Got as far as the map when I saw it only included the city boundaries but only 'Dublin' was stated, so it's not clear. It should be stated if it's only for the city or if it's for the whole county.
    I'll flag ChristopheC about your question.

Advertisement