Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting aeg in my backyard.

• 06-05-2020 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hi
    It might be a silly question but, I got airsoft gun from a friend. He wasn't using it for years and it got stuck. It was "firing" at a meter at best. I fixed it for him but then pandemic started and i have no way to returning it now.
    So to my question, can I play with it and shoot to target practice in my backyard?
    It is KWA KG 36 model if it makes any difference.

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Airsoft and airgun are not the same thing. Dont get them confused ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭somebody_else

D3V!L wrote: »
    Airsoft and airgun are not the same thing. Dont get them confused ;)

I can't edit subject, sorry for confusion.
    But my question stays - can I use it?
    Tom

ok so it is airsoft gun as it uses plastic pellets.

But my question stands - can I play with it in my backyard ?

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Sure depending on the size of your backyard.

In my experience, you can do anything you want in your back yard as long as you dont attract unwanted attention to yourself.
    You dont need a lisence but dont aggravate the neightbours.
    I would say keep the shots low, shoot from cover and dont use cans for targets, use cardboard boxes with target drawn on them. Better idea.

Thanks for reply.

Cardboard with printed shooting target is my idea.

Cheers
    Tom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Actually it could be considered Brandishing in a public place especially if you have neighbors that over look your house ,and they make a call to the guards .

It's been a concern lately with a few experienced players posting videos of themselves shooting in front and back gardens thinking laws don't apply to themselves due to covid .

Gatling wrote: »
    especially if you have neighbors that over look your house ,and they make a call to the guards .

Think of your neighbours first. If they are older, have bad blood, nosey nellies or just generally want to stir the pot...... dont tempt fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Put it in semi and shoot from within your home like a patio or open window at a target in the garden. A target on a cardboard box works quite stealthily or I often use a watermellon.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

krissovo wrote: »
    Put it in semi and shoot from within your home like a patio or open window at a target in the garden. A target on a cardboard box works quite stealthily or I often use a watermellon.

Yeah that's what I used to do, back kitchen window open and shoot out the length of the garden. Nobody would see it at all.

krissovo wrote: »
    ........... or I often use a watermellon.

What do you work at that allows you to shoot watermelons? You must be loaded!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

What do you work at that allows you to shoot watermelons? You must be loaded!!!

watermelon farmer ??

Advertisement