Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Previewing Facebook Posts

Options
  • 20-02-2020 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

I am an admin on a Facebook group page. I would like to see posts before they appear on the timeline. How do I go about this? I googled it and got this:

How do you approve posts on Facebook before they are posted?

Turning on Timeline Review enables you to approve wall posts before they become visible.
    1. Log in to your Facebook account, and click the gear-shaped icon in the top right corner of any page. ...
    2. Click the “Edit” link beside the “Review Posts Friends Tag You In Before they Appear on Your Timeline” option.

The thing is, there isn’t any ‘gear-shaped icon’ in the top right-hand corner of my page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Do you mean to preview other people's posts before approving them or your own scheduled posts? If it's other people's posts, go to the page and click on Settings in the top right hand side. You will see a whole list of things on the left hand side but 'general' will be at the top and opened. You can see Visitor Posts on the right, click edit beside it and you should be able to enable "review posts by other people before they are published to the page".

Advertisement