Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 Checklist

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

General Elecation can be marked off now. Though we may need to add it again later in the year :pac:
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

DvB wrote: »
    General Elecation can be marked off now. Though we may need to add it again later in the year :pac:

*la la la not listening*

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pancake Tuesday and Ash Wednesday now off the list. Leap day and 300 days to go we coming for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

1 left for Feb and then 5 in Mar, moving through the list nicely :)

S'pose we can mark off paddy's day now anyway.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

S'pose we can mark off paddy's day now anyway.

Yeah that went by with a whimper didn’t it.

Loughc wrote: »
    Yeah that went by with a whimper didn’t it.

Not as much as mothers day will on sunday... hope they defer it until later in the year so all the grannies can get hugs and kisses off the grandkids.

Not as much as mothers day will on sunday... hope they defer it until later in the year so all the grannies can get hugs and kisses off the grandkids.

I don’t think that will happen. I think when all this is over grannies will be getting plenty of hugs and kisses off the grandkids Mother’s Day or not.

Patrick's Day crossed off. I have also removed the Eurovision and the Euros from the list. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,019 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Posy wrote: »
    Patrick's Day crossed off. I have also removed the Eurovision and the Euros from the list. :/

When I did this never I my wildest dreams did I think we'd be removing them.
    I honestly thought they'd be more chance of me winning the lottery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

There’s a grandparents day on October 6th too. I think it coincides with world teachers day.

When I did this never I my wildest dreams did I think we'd be removing them.

So weird. :<

Less events to cross off until Christmas, though?

*clutches at straws :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

When I did thin never I my wildest dreams did I think we'd be removing them.
    I honestly thought they'd be more chance ofme winning the lottery.

Eurovision being cancelled really hit the nail on the head for me. And they’ve cancelled the live episodes of the Voice UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Some good news at least

See Glastonbury has already been cancelled. Though I'd be amazed if any of the music festivals happen this year.

See Glastonbury has already been cancelled. Though I'd be amazed if any of the music festivals happen this year.

Had a quick scan through the list and see about 4/5 things that could potentially be cancelled and that's just up till September!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Had a quick scan through the list and see about 4/5 things that could potentially be cancelled and that's just up till September!

Yeah, Wimbledon, Tour de France, Leaving/Junior cert exams, All Ireland hurling & Football, all in reality in the firing line with a slim chance of actually going ahead... I just hope weather wise we get a decent summer otherwise theres a very real chance of people going crazy locked in their homes day after day after day for month on end.

Anyway, I promised my wife I'd try to stay away from Covid19 wormholes today so must try harder to post about something else ;)

I can't wait until we are crossing off Halloween, red coffee cups, Christmas ads etc.

We will get there. Together. :)

Mothers Day & Waffle day done & dusted... & the olympics have gotten the chop also.

Mothers Day & Waffle day done & dusted... & the olympics have gotten the chop also.

At least the Olympics will get slotted back in for next year.

• Advertisement

updated now and removed the Olympics. God knows what else will end up being cancelled, I say Wimbledon and the Tour De France will be called off too.

updated now and removed the Olympics. God knows what else will end up being cancelled, I say Wimbledon and the Tour De France will be called off too.

Think a decision on wimbledon is due today.

Think a decision on wimbledon is due today.

They must be keeping an eye on our checklist so :pac:

Love it!

With all the stress and uncertainty over them, might be worth knocking the state exams off the list too.
    :D

Next year they'll be a massive list!

Wimbledon cancelled!

Deleted from the list!

We are down to one thing to cross off in April, and one in May. :/

Deleted from the list!

Even my little things regarding going places are off the list!

• Advertisement

Deleted from the list!

Lets hope they don't cancel the Bank Holidays :)

Advertisement