Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pearl Jam European Tour 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Got hyde park tickets on the pre sale.... and just seen they have the 10 club ones on genral sale now... to buy one and sell the other or not..... decisions decisions...

Picked up a ticket for Frankfurt this morning :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

DarMul17 wrote: »
    Got my Pearl Jam ticket for London, pixies as support is great. Would love if someone who could help with getting me a Berlin ticket, as I'm afraid I'll miss out on Saturday as I'm flying out at a 11 in the morning. Anyway I'll have to try my luck on Saturday.

I’m going to pixies in Galway on 19th... maybe Pearl Jam will show up unannounced and play afew songs there.... seems very likely to happen......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Going to stay in bologna the night before Imola. Its 20 min on the train. Flights direct in to Bologna on Saturday and home on Monday. All worked out nicely.

€630 all in between 2 of us for flights, accom and tickets. Expensive hobby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Going to stay in bologna the night before Imola. Its 20 min on the train. Flights direct in to Bologna on Saturday and home on Monday. All worked out nicely.

€630 all in between 2 of us for flights, accom and tickets. Expensive hobby :)

Thats great value. And a great way to do it. You'd pay more for a UK show all in.

Always baffles me why people go to Manchester and the like for these gigs when they could go somewhere cool like Bologna for cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

LillySV wrote: »
    I’m going to pixies in Galway on 19th... maybe Pearl Jam will show up unannounced and play afew songs there.... seems very likely to happen......

what kind of ****e are you talking ??

• Advertisement

s8n wrote: »
    what kind of ****e are you talking ??

Joking that Pearl Jam might want to come and play for free in Ireland cause they love the Irish!! I think not!!! I’ve seen Pearl Jam afew times in the 90s and early thousands... they played her for **** all when they were at their best... they fought Ticketmaster cause they overcharged customers...

now Pearl Jam are nothing but Neil young wanna be greedy old men who charge way too much and won’t play Ireland cause they won’t make enough ...

U probably don’t want to hear that ... u probably gona go abroad to see them ... u probably their biggest fan??? Send them a Cheque...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Joking that Pearl Jam might want to come and play for free in Ireland cause they love the Irish!! I think not!!! I’ve seen Pearl Jam afew times in the 90s and early thousands... they played her for **** all when they were at their best... they fought Ticketmaster cause they overcharged customers...

now Pearl Jam are nothing but Neil young wanna be greedy old men who charge way too much and won’t play Ireland cause they won’t make enough ...

U probably don’t want to hear that ... u probably gona go abroad to see them ... u probably their biggest fan??? Send them a Cheque...

its nothing to do with not making enough. this is proof by Eddie coming here by himself.

It's promoters not willing to take the shot.
    PJ's management will want a venue that's min capacity is 40ish thousand. MCD arent willing to take the risk of it not selling.

The band themselves(as with all tours) have very little say in where they actually play, aside from "we'd like to play Europe"

Look at the venues theyre doing, its the same as always because promoters use the same contacts and venues they know are useful for the band.

Yes, PJ's fee isnt gonna be cheap, but neither is Metallica's, neither is Nick Cave.

Blaming a band for not coming to a place, it'a the same as the 'OH WHY WONT YE COME TO BRAZIL' thats on every artist's social media accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

bennyl10 wrote: »
    its nothing to do with not making enough. this is proof by Eddie coming here by himself.

PJ's management will want a venue that's min capacity is 40ish thousand. MCD arent willing to take the risk of it not selling.

The band themselves(as with all tours) have very little say in where they actually play, aside from "we'd like to play Europe"

Look at the venues theyre doing, its the same as always because promoters use the same contacts and venues they know are useful for the band.

Yes, PJ's fee isnt gonna be cheap, but neither is Metallica's, neither is Nick Cave.

Blaming a band for not coming to a place, it'a the same as the 'OH WHY WONT YE COME TO BRAZIL' thats on every artist's social media accounts

Yeah I do find it funny how angry and upset people get when they don't come to Ireland, almost taking it personally. They're far from the first band to skip us time and time again, I guess it's just one of the downsides of living on an island with a small population. Getting angry at Eddie Vedder is just a waste of time and energy, either accept it or use it as an excuse for a holiday. You'd swear by peoples reactions here that he looks at a map of Europe when deciding the tour, looks at Ireland and says "fúck those guys!" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Have you tried getting angry about it? I think getting angry is definitely the best course of action for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

once again, what kind of ****e are you talking ??

• Advertisement

Couldn’t care, they haven’t released any good music in years...or played here... Metallica have

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Have you tried getting angry about it? I think getting angry is definitely the best course of action for you.

I’m not the one gettin angry here .... i haven’t insulted or attacked anyone on this .... I’m happy out... have no interest in the band, seen them when they were good... that’s a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I’m not the one gettin angry here .... i haven’t insulted or attacked anyone on this .... I’m happy out... have no interest in the band, seen them when they were good... that’s a long time ago

If you have no interest in Pearl Jam, why are you nosing in a forum thread that is specifically about Pearl Jam. Are you hoping it might go seriously off topic and a discussion will start on something that you do like.

If you have no interest in Pearl Jam, why are you nosing in a forum thread that is specifically about Pearl Jam. Are you hoping it might go seriously off topic and a discussion will start on something that you do like.

Your right , came across it to see what was said, made a comment and got aggressive chat back , so just stating afew facts back to some of the Pj “premium members “ that are on this thread . Ps no offence to the civilised people on this thread

Your right , came across it to see what was said, made a comment and got aggressive chat back , so just stating afew facts back to some of the Pj “premium members “ that are on this thread . Ps no offence to the civilised people on this thread

aggressive back chat?
    I gave you 'facts' and you dismissed it completely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The National and Chic playing here every couple mins and Pearl Jam nowhere to be seen. Its on us - not them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

As someone who doesn't actually own any of their albums, not a member of the fan club and only got into them around 10 years ago I certainly wouldn't call myself a "premium member", but I enjoy their music and am happy to see them abroad as I travel a lot as it is and they always put on an excellent show. If you're of the opinion they are just a bunch of grumpy old men with nothing but terrible music since the 90s (note the word "opinions", not "facts") then like you say I guess you're not a fan so it just seems odd to be jumping into a Pearl Jam tour thread with pretty vitriolic opinions on the band and their lack of an Irish date if you've no interest :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

grimm2005 wrote: »
    They're far from the first band to skip us time and time again, I guess it's just one of the downsides of living on an island with a small population.

I dont see how that is relevant.
    PJ have a tiny touring crew and their stage setup is miniscule ,its not like U2 or Coldplays stages that require a convoy of trucks.

Why would they want a minimum of 40k when they are playing venues on the tour that hold less than 15k ?
    Budapest is 12.5k,Zurich is 15k,Amsterdam 17k ,Copenhagen 16k, etc.

Eddie has sold 25k tickets here on his own in the last 2 years at a higher price than PJ charge elesewhere,you really think that MCD think that PJ wouldn't be a big demand gig in Ireland ?

MCD can schedule acts like Dua Lipa and Stormzy for 2 nights in the 3arena ,28k tickets yet PJ would struggle ?

Youre mad if you think that .

Pearl Jam would sell out the RDS in minutes ,that is not up for debate .
    38k tickets at 100 euro ,that's 3.8m gross and easily covers their fee of 1m.

If MCD dont think that's a good investment then Aiken would surely step in.

There is no financial logic that the band refuse to play here ,none.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I dont see how that is relevant.
    PJ have a tiny touring crew and their stage setup is miniscule ,its not like U2 or Coldplays stages that require a convoy of trucks.

Why would they want a minimum of 40k when they are playing venues on the tour that hold less than 15k ?
    Budapest is 12.5k,Zurich is 15k,Amsterdam 17k ,Copenhagen 16k, etc.

Eddie has sold 25k tickets here on his own in the last 2 years at a higher price than PJ charge elesewhere,you really think that MCD think that PJ wouldn't be a big demand gig in Ireland ?

MCD can schedule acts like Dua Lipa and Stormzy for 2 nights in the 3arena ,28k tickets yet PJ would struggle ?

Youre mad if you think that .

Pearl Jam would sell out the RDS in minutes ,that is not up for debate .
    38k tickets at 100 euro ,that's 3.8m gross and easily covers their fee of 1m.

If MCD dont think that's a good investment then Aiken would surely step in.

There is no financial logic that the band refuse to play here ,none.

They wouldn't play 2 nights in ireland though. Not on the short tours that they actually do anyway. If were to do an outdoor venue, then it can just be a case of no suitable venue to suit the dates.

This tour, all those indoor shows are midweek. Festivals mostly at weekends, with some bigger outdoor ones midweek. So with no festival here, they're reduced to midweek. Then see which venues will have these shows midweek, it gets cut back again (malahide doesn't do outdoor too often. Think the killers is but that's 2 nights so lot more incentive). Is rds in use on the tour period? Any other outdoor venues that could do it?

If there is a suitable venue, then it needs a suitable date, then it's working out the logistics of it all. If they all dont line up (and theres likely parts missing), then a show wont happen.

Would they make the money? Yeah. Does that mean its feasible for all parties? Not at all.

aggressive back chat?

Bennyl10, had no prob with your posts , and didn’t mean to undermine your posts either, your entitled to your opinion though as am I without someone calling it ****e , which I got afew times...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Unless you can post a link where this 40k figure has been pulled from for instance you actually haven't posted facts at all just sheer optimism on behalf of the band.

MCD were fully acquired by Livenation you seem to post like they are an Irish entity that are preventing them from coming here when they are running their shows elsewhere in Europe!

Unless you can post a link where this 40k figure has been pulled from for instance you actually haven't posted facts at all just sheer optimism on behalf of the band.

MCD were fully acquired by Livenation you seem to post like they are an Irish entity that are preventing them from coming here when they are running their shows elsewhere in Europe!

The 40K figure is an estimate. But as someone who has been involved in booking shows(metal primarily) it is not on the band in any sense. You’re dealing with managers and a larger touring agency. Who have figures in heads to being with.

LN buying McD wholly has actually made it more difficult to get bands here, If LN can make their money back on the tour through UK or bigger european shows they won’t bother with ireland and include MCD in a cut of Europe profits.

It’s not optimism.
    I’d love to see PJ, id love if the demanded to play here, but their management obviously don’t see ireland has somewhere they can make money, and the promoters seem to agree.

Rightly or wrongly.

Benny you're some waffler boy. :pac::pac:

What a pile of utter nonsense that is.

LN aren't as keen to put events on here because the company they acquired may stand to benefit...:confused::confused:

It’s not optimism.
    I’d love to see PJ, id love if the demanded to play here, but their management obviously don’t see ireland has somewhere they can make money, and the promoters seem to agree.

:D:D:D

It's total optimism you are passing off your own assumptions as facts as to why not all while laying in hope that they play here.

Benny you're some waffler boy. :pac::pac:

What a pile of utter nonsense that is.

LN aren't as keen to put events on here because the company they acquired may stand to benefit...:confused::confused:

If they don’t have a guarantee it will sell

They have to pay the band the same amount of money per gig regardless.

If LN are for example guaranteed 3 sell outs in the UK(in their heads) or 2 plus one half sell in Dublin, paying out the same amount of money to the band, factoring in flights and gear transfers on a secondary flight

On what is already a very short hop Eu tour

Which makes more sense?

These costs are why gigs here are more expensive(again In the main) due to our uk and continental counterparts.

I’m coming at this from experience of smaller books.
    If I’m wrong fine.

But that’s usually how it goes

They don't have a guarantee it would sell? the front man sold around 30k tickets here himself in a 12 month period doing Pearl Jam covers ffs :pac:

What more evidence do you need?

Your small scale work is fairly irrelevant so no need to emphasize that again, bands tend to head through the ports surely you'd at least know that.

I find you oddly misguided in suggesting a tour here would flop or is unsustainable but off ya go believing what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Stop talking garbage and just accept that its Pearl Jam who are to blame and not our promoters.
    MCD would have done whatever they could to get a a high profile band like PJ to play here , but the simple fact is you can't force a band to come if they don't want to.

The excuses you make to cover for Eddie snubbing is Irish fans are literally pulled from out your ass krack.

Frankfurt Festhalle - capacity 13,000
    Royal Arena Denmark- capacity 16,000
    Krackow - capacity 22,000
    Ziggo Dome Holland - capacity 17,000.

Sp please stop pushing the stupid notion that nobody wants to book a band that is a HUGE ticket seller in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

As if MCD would think Pearl Jam would struggle to sell. FFS , the excuses people come up with !!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Plus this is Ireland, factor in the event junkies. The people who will just go to a big gig to say they were there. They make up a lot of the outdoor gig crowds. So you'd get a certain amount of the hardcord PJ fans. A good amount of the caual fans who liked Vitalogy or Ten when younger, the handful who just like Eddie, the friends/partners who'd tag along with them too. Then the event goers who like to tick a box.

PLus we're in a bit of a boom. Disposable income, summertime gig, it'd would be a guaranteed sellout if you ask me in St. Annes or Even Malahide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

How much are tickets to see them in Budapest ? I’m trying to find tickets but I keep getting reseller sites !! Cheapest I can find is €395 for two tickets !! Anyone able to help

Advertisement