Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ultimate Christmas Advert Playlist

• 06-11-2019 7:47pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It’s time to launch our greatest ever Christmas advert playlist.

The rules are simple to nominate just post the ad with the YouTube link.

To vote just thank the posts you want on the playlist.

Happy voting!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

thanks Loughc for launching this poll !

(Have got the feeling that the Guinness ad will win hands down anyway).
    My second favourite Irish ad is this one:

An Post: The Snowman

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It’s not Christmas until....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I don't even drink beer but I love the Budweiser ad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Can I thank these three more than once???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Can I thank these three more than once???

If only, love those three ads, great start by everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

If this doesnt top the poll you people are mad!! :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

As discussed yesterday, the LIDL 2016 & 2017 advert.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Always loved this one!

DvB wrote: »

Always loved this one!

3 of my ABSOLUTE favorite ads.

The ones I've put up there are the core of my advert playlist, there's a few more I might add but these are my go to feel good ones. I honestly find the adverts one of the things i love most about this time of year so couldn't miss the chance to get involved in this thread!

Strongly expect the Guinness one to win (IMO the GOAT christmas advert) but the coke or cornflakes could be a good outside bet too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I'll be that old guy one day! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,778 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That is so sad , yet so so true for a lot of people , beautiful ad .

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It might be because I live abroad but I've a great affection for this retro one

Oh man, that one hit me right in the feelers!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

Watching these in work is a bad idea :pac: I remember bawling at this the first time I saw it!

Oh man, that one hit me right in the feelers!

I'll be honest, if a parent did that to me I doubt I'd be taking it as well as his family are. Not a chance would I personally want to put my family through the grief associated with losing someone close if it was unnecessary.

I appreciate the overall idea of the lengths he had to go to, but faking your own death to pop out with a 'surprise' ... I'd lob the turkey at him!

I'll be honest, if a parent did that to me I doubt I'd be taking it as well as his family are. Not a chance would I personally want to put my family through the grief associated with losing someone close if it was unnecessary.

I appreciate the overall idea of the lengths he had to go to, but faking your own death to pop out with a 'surprise' ... I'd lob the turkey at him!

Part of me says he was justified as obviously none of them bother to come home or invite him for Christmas and another agrees with you that was a bit uncalled for.

Deep down I think it’s the thought of being alone that hit me 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I'll be honest, if a parent did that to me I doubt I'd be taking it as well as his family are. ... I'd lob the turkey at him!
    Part of me says he was justified as obviously none of them bother to come home or invite him for Christmas and another agrees with you that was a bit uncalled for.

Deep down I think it’s the thought of being alone that hit me 😟

That's pretty much why I nominated it: it's a heck of a lot more "real" than the usual happy-smiley-snowy-twinkly-fairylights-family-Christmas ad that just about every other brand churns out. I'd like to think that there are people who saw it and decided not to let another year pass by without making the effort to see their elderly parents. A much better Christmas gift than a pile of crappy plastic under a tree! :cool:

PS: That's what SonNo.2 is giving me this year! First time he'll have been back for five years, first Christmas together for 11 years. :)

That's pretty much why I nominated it: it's a heck of a lot more "real" than the usual happy-smiley-snowy-twinkly-fairylights-family-Christmas ad that just about every other brand churns out. I'd like to think that there are people who saw it and decided not to let another year pass by without making the effort to see their elderly parents. A much better Christmas gift than a pile of crappy plastic under a tree! :cool:

PS: That's what SonNo.2 is giving me this year! First time he'll have been back for five years, first Christmas together for 11 years. :)

Reminds me of something my Mum said a few years ago; one of the things she was most grateful about was that all her children settled down close to her. At the time I didn't think too much about it however since having kids, the thought of them living so far away that I didn't seem them on a regular basis would be hard to take, especially if grandkids came along.

Reminds me of something my Mum said a few years ago; one of the things she was most grateful about was that all her children settled down close to her. At the time I didn't think too much about it however since having kids, the thought of them living so far away that I didn't seem them on a regular basis would be hard to take, especially if grandkids came along.

My family are the same, we all live within 5 minutes of one another, my wifes family have scattered all over the world to the extent its just ourselves that keep them 'connected' as otherwise they'd be completely alone, its sad for them, they put on a great face but I know my MIL especially misses them terribly. The years they dont come home for events or christmas have started & i see its impact first hand when we're keeping the show on the road for them.

Anyway,
    I can appreciate the sentiment behind the advert, & I completely agree that adverts at christmas are a great way of alerting us all to the plight of many that we may lose sight of during our normal day to day lives, but for me it could have been handled better.

• Advertisement

My family are the same, we all live within 5 minutes of one another, my wifes family have scattered all over the world to the extent its just ourselves that keep them 'connected' as otherwise they'd be completely alone, its sad for them, they put on a great face but I know my MIL especially misses them terribly. The years they dont come home for events or christmas have started & i see its impact first hand when we're keeping the show on the road for them.

Anyway,
    I can appreciate the sentiment behind the advert, & I completely agree that adverts at christmas are a great way of alerting us all to the plight of many that we may lose sight of during our normal day to day lives, but for me it could have been handled better.

Same; my sister is the furthest away at 15 mins.

Agree, back to happy, make you smile Christmas ads :)

Advertisement