Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mens Rea podcast....pretty good !

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

I do enjoy this podcast but there is something about the delivery of the ads that I find really irritating, they seem too long or too gushing.

Fair play in general though, takes a lot of skill and craftsmanship to get a successful podcast up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Started it recently myself, it's fantastic. The research and care in crafting the time line and script is very evident.

The presenter's accent did bother me until I saw her post above; I can forgive the accent knowing she's actually spent a considerable amount of time in the US, and isn't putting it on (or using US slang) just for effect.

I highly recommend giving this a listen and am very happily queuing up the next five in my podcast queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

The latest episode about Philomena Gillane is some story.

The amount of twists and turns are mental. I was a young teenager at the time and don't recall it going through the courts etc.

I mean the thoughts of someone driving to Dublin and asking what seemed to be destitute drunks, and obviously strangers, who you met on the street to "do a job for you," beyond belief.

The "intricacies" of the relationship(s) too, wow..

Well worth a listen. I've been googling, dying to find out more, a very intriguing case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

wrong thread sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭sporina

I listened to the Rachel O'Reilly case today - Q - on what grounds was he convicted of murder does anyone rem? It didn't quite say in the posdcast.. just that a car like his was seen in the area of the house on the morn of the murder.. but that they could not prove it was his.. no DNA was found afaik..
    Anyone any insight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ChampagneFever

sporina wrote: »
    I listened to the Rachel O'Reilly case today - Q - on what grounds was he convicted of murder does anyone rem? It didn't quite say in the posdcast.. just that a car like his was seen in the area of the house on the morn of the murder.. but that they could not prove it was his.. no DNA was found afaik..
    Anyone any insight?

I believe they had phone records too. He sent a text to Rachel and said to Gardai he was in Phibsboro but the phone records say it was sent from the area of his home for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I believe they had phone records too. He sent a text to Rachel and said to Gardai he was in Phibsboro but the phone records say it was sent from the area of his home for example.

I was standing beside him in a shop when he was a suspect but still free. An absolute giant of a man in real life.

Back on topic, the Gardai knew it was him from the start from his interviews, they just had to prove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Brackwom

Yes, it's worth a listen and it's still famous today. You should listen to episode-94 Bonus: Serial - Slawomir Gierlowski.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

Yes his phone pinged a tower in the naul when he said he was in work. Then he said he never left his colleague, his colleague said he did. Circumstantial but convicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Brackwom wrote: »
    Yes, it's worth a listen and it's still famous today. You should listen to episode-94 Bonus: Serial - Slawomir Gierlowski.

Halfway through it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

dball wrote: »
    not impressed, really sounds like someone reading from a script or a book (only listened to the first few - hope she improves)

Would you prefer if she had no script and just waffled away ?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

Was going to subscribe on Google Podcasts but it's not there

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Piollaire wrote: »
    Was going to subscribe on Google Podcasts but it's not there

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hdWRpb2Jvb20uY29tL2NoYW5uZWxzLzQ5OTY1NDMucnNz

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

Thanks. Typing 'Mens Rea' into the app didn't bring it up but when I typed in some of the subtitle it then appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭sporina

Brackwom wrote: »

what is?

Advertisement