Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cricket thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭markbrop

How do you think they will fare against England?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

markbrop wrote: »
    How do you think they will fare against England?

I just seen the betting odds and they are strong favorites, 8/13 to win the series top price.:eek:

No thanks.:eek:

If they get the fast bowlers fit, they probably win the series, but it will be close. England with the likes of Broad. Anderson and Finn will adore bowling in South Africa. At least one of Faf or Amla will have to step up hugely though,they can't rely on ABDV all the time to get runs.

Will be a cracking series though.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Agree it should be a good series.....while SA were hopeless in India the conditions back home will be entirely different and if they can get Steyn fit it will be a visual feast to savour between 2 good bowling attacks.....after their recent scores in Pakistan and India can't say much about the batters from both the teams bar ABD for the moment!! :pac:

Looking forward to the series......should be a close one and a good one to watch:o

Enough is enough with Rohit,defended him a lot and still think he has to lot to offer in limited overs cricket, but he does not deserve a test place at the moment. Its time for Rahul or Iyer to get a chance.

"England with the likes of Broad. Anderson and Finn will adore bowling in South Africa"

I think Finn is injured as is Wood. Footitt has not played test cricket and I dont rate Jordan or Woakes as test bowlers.

• Advertisement

Don't think Finn has been ruled out just yet, but yeah a massive doubt.

Plunkett not been picked for South Africa is just bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

SA 118/5 in 130 overs
    ABD 39 from 270

32 overs to survive

Mind numbing blocking of monumental proportions going on in New Delhi ......SA have shown great resilience .... Would have actually made for some enthralling viewing if the series had already not been decided

"Don't think Finn has been ruled out just yet, but yeah a massive doubt.

Plunkett not been picked for South Africa is just bizarre."

Plunkett could have played for us - both of his parents are Irish!

As expected West Indies out of their depth against Australia, this series seems to exist solely for the Aussie boys to boost their stats.

It should have been NZ getting the boxing day test, not this rabble.

Yes the Windies are really poor in Test Cricket at the moment but dont be surprised if they win the T20 World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

I'm regularly amazed at how people overrate the Windies in t20. They're not even that great in the one format they try in.

I'm regularly amazed at how people overrate the Windies in t20. They're not even that great in the one format they try in.

Nah gun t20 side, won the world cup not to long ago and semi final last time.

Gayle, Pollard, Russell, Pollard and Dwayne Bravo all savage in this format. Simmons, Sammy and Holder also no mugs either.

Narine a loss though.

Horrible in both ODI and test cricket though.

Yeah Fletcher is not a bad T20 player either. I saw himself and KP put on about 150 in about 12 overs for the St Lucia Zouks in the Caribbean Premier League during the summer.

"Don't think Finn has been ruled out just yet, but yeah a massive doubt."

I see he has been added to the squad but will probably miss the First Test.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TheNoShow

I I love cricket

Big blow for NZ - Brendan McCullum has just announced he will be retiring from international cricket after the series against Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭blackcard

Sad to see how far West Indian cricket has fallen with the Australian commentators openly sneering at them talking about a possible score of 900 against them in one day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

blackcard wrote: »
    Sad to see how far West Indian cricket has fallen with the Australian commentators openly sneering at them talking about a possible score of 900 against them in one day

They drew a Test services with England this year and have a draw against South Africa. They are terrible, but what makes them look worse is they've had hard away series which most teams would struggle with, and Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

blackcard wrote: »

Aussies sneering. Scumbags. 60 all out at trent bridge. Scared of their life of West Indies years ago. Posturing chickens.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Good win for England in the first test in Durban, bar a shaky first morning they pretty much dominated every session after that, the first innings collapse at the end excepted. With Steyn injured and the next test due to start on Saturday you wouldn't bet against England taking a 2-0 lead, South Africa look mentally frail after the mauling they got in India and captain Amla is both playing poorly and looking uninspiring in the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wow Ben Stokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

England need to put SA out of their misery by declaring and give them a chance to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭death1234567

England need to put SA out of their misery by declaring and give them a chance to play.
    Cook will just keep batting. He's extremely cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,246 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Give Stokes another 2 hours to beat the Lara score.

edit : and gone, I'm good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That was a brutal knock from Stokes;
    258 runs off 198 balls
    130 runs before lunch (a record for any batsman from any test playing nation)
    The fastest 250 in test match cricket (196 balls)
    The first England batsman to get a double ton batting at number 6 or lower, consequently the highest score by an England number 6
    England's highest ever 6th wicket stand
    The fastest double ton by an Englishman, and the second fastest of all time
    The fastest 300 partnership in test history
    Stokes hit 11 sixes, the joint second highest in test history, and the highest by an Englishman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Aussies sneering. Scumbags. 60 all out at trent bridge. Scared of their life of West Indies years ago. Posturing chickens.

It's just channel 9. It's being going downhill for a while now, even by their low standards. I have to mute the commentary if I want to watch it on TV.

Are we looking at another Adelaide 2007? SA will probably need to get a move on from here though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I get the feeling Finn, Broad and Anderson would be regretting doing that now...

SA have been better with the bat than England with all but van zyl contributing. Not as explosive though.

The people who thought Bavuma was in the team only because of the quota system may be having second thoughts now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Saw this on cricinfo,U-15 Pranav Dhanawade scores 1009* as his team wins by an innings and 1326 runs

link

Advertisement