Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Guess i will have to listen on my internet radio if i can't pick it up on fm here in Tipp.

That's what I'm thinking too! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Eeeek- I'm so excited now! I LOVE Christmas FM!! :D

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

We're streaming a test transmission loop on our website at the moment. Go to ChristmasFM.ie and click listen live.

Its really close now, station is all set up (I'll post pics at the weekend once its tidy) and this week presenter are doing dry run shows (not aired im afraid), to make sure they are well versed with the equipment for the live shows.

We're trying to put a big push on facebook so anyone who is on there please please "like" us. The amount of fans we have means more people find out about us and more money is raised for the charity Barnardos.

http://www.facebook.com/christmasfm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

136240.JPG

OH MAH GAWD AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Anybody hear any yet or know when the likes of today fm are meant to play their first one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

I just saw an add in the paper. Christmas FM starts monday morning at 8am. Not sure if this is brand new or what but can't wait to hear whats it about.

Just saw an add in the newspaper for christmas FM , a radio station starting monday morning. God they'll hardly be playing xmas songs 24*7 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

This must be your first Christmas here in the Christmas Thread. Christmas FM has been going for the past 2 years this year will be its 3rd. log onto www.christmasfm.ie and find out more there or go back onto the Christmas page and look at the special Christmas FM Thread there. And yes they do play Christmas songs 24/7 ! :):)

Thanks. Didn't know about that radio station. First time i've seen an add regarding it. And i have been in and out of the christmas forum for a few years and didn't come across it here before either. At least i know of it now anyway. Might be better listening compared to all the doom and gloom on the other stations at the moment . Cheers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

For more information on Christmas FM, check out this thread,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055758416&page=9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

Yeah there's a megathread on it here. To be honest I had never heard the slightest thing about it until I checked the Christmas forum here in August. Looking forward to Monday. It seems to be playing at the moment over the website though.

VanZan wrote: »
    Yeah there's a megathread on it here. To be honest I had never heard the slightest thing about it until I checked the Christmas forum here in August. Looking forward to Monday. It seems to be playing at the moment over the website though.

That's a test loop, just testing the signal, Monday should be fun! :)

Can't wait until tomorrow!! Snow AND Christmas FM, wow!! :D:D:D

Posy wrote: »
    Can't wait until tomorrow!! Snow AND Christmas FM, wow!! :D:D:D

It's beginning to feel alot like Christmas! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

This station really Rocks,Christmas FM has been Integrated into my celebrating of Christmas & hopefully will be around for ever ever more kinda like jesus.

What Christmas song is that ive just heard from Dido?,Nice I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Coming through loud and clear in Navan :D

The test yesterday was really great as I was mixing the Pud.

Top marks for playing the Quo:D :D:D:D

Loving it, been listening since 8AM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The iPod app and the online player both keep cutting out for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

no sound when i click on the 'listen here', sound working generally though.
    Any ideas?

This link opens it in Winamp or whatever music player you have:

http://christmas48.webworld.ie:8000/listen.pls

This link opens a separate player, dosent work for me tho:

Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I can't get it work at all, niether of the links from the previous post or from teh site itself. It just tells that the server is taking too long to respond :(

I bookmarked it in Winamp. This is the link it's pointing to:

http://christmas48.webworld.ie:8000/

It's working fine for me so maybe this might be of use to someone? I dunno.

Works fine for me on itunes, have to say I'm LOVIN' IT!!! :D

Loving Christmas FM too this year, woo! :D
    I've heard that 'Christmas Can Can' a couple of times, so catchy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sauvignon

adore christmas fm - well done to all of you!
    love love these

driving home for christmas - chris rea
    grown up christmas list - michael buble
    you make it feel like christmas - neil diamond

play them anytime for me!
    from lesley and Emma and Rachel (11 and 8)

thank you and merry christmas !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Fairytale of New York - The Pogues
    Merry Christmas, Everyone - Shakin Stevens
    Winter Wonderland
    Rockin Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee (<3 from Home Alone)
    My Only Wish This Year - Britney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Got my Christmas Jumper in the post on Monday and it's fab!!!
    Thanks a mil, Ronan - seems good quality and the reindeer looks really jolly.:D

Is Christmas FM finished? All I'm getting is some American "Christmas across the lands". I thought they were on air until St Stephen's Day?

Think the Irish DJ's will be back on tomorrow or Stephens day. Christmas across the lands sucks, id rather they just put their playlist on shuffle for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Hey guys, Thanks for the feedback about the Christmas Around the World Feature, we'll keep it in mind for next year. As you can understand we're a volunteer station and its hard to get our volunteer presenter to fill up a full schedule on Christmas day. We're live till tomorrow, 26th which is our last day and will have the usual presenters back on for the last day.

So overall what did people think of the station this year?? Any suggestions for next year??

Advertisement