Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bob skunkhouse

40 bucks back for season ticket holders. Better than a kick in the you know where..?

Any update on the Tyrone game and where it's to be played? I hope the GAA don't kick another own goal and drag us off to Croker. If they do, both counties should boycott. Anyways, I'd be surprised if there's any inter county this year.

Does anyone know what happens if a county player (or backroom staff) is struck down by the Kung Flu and the county can't play their game - is it forfeit or rescheduled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

40 bucks back for season ticket holders. Better than a kick in the you know where..?

Any update on the Tyrone game and where it's to be played? I hope the GAA don't kick another own goal and drag us off to Croker. If they do, both counties should boycott. Anyways, I'd be surprised if there's any inter county this year.

Does anyone know what happens if a county player (or backroom staff) is struck down by the Kung Flu and the county can't play their game - is it forfeit or rescheduled?

Well that ain't gonna happen. remember Mickey throwing his toys out of the pram when we refused to yield home advantage and move the first round tie to Clones in 2013? He was only thinking of the poor supporters who were missing out though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭doc_17

That was a dirty act by O’Donnell last night, red card was deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,864 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

doc_17 wrote: »

Fully deserved. What did he think he was at and them just after scoring the goal. Some poor shooting from him as well.
    Patton had a few dodgy moments under the high ball.Some of kick outs were poor. Paddy McBrearty looked good first half. Faded a bit in the second. Surprised at the end with time up Kilcar took that last free short. Paddy looked to be coming out to take it. Looked to be within his range.
    Poor enough game overall I thought.

Yeah, very negative and narky. The handbags really need to stop, it’s an attempt to stop a football match breaking out. I’d say Naomh Conaill will have it mostly their own way today and MacCumhaills v Dungloe is a hard one to call. Draw then this evening although I most admit that I am not quite sure what’s happening with that. Repeat fixtures being prohibitory aside, is there any structure to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

I see Cathal McShane must have damaged his ankle pressing too hard on the accelerator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

What did he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Good to see (on Twitter) Jason McGee getting a run out with Cloughaneely this evening.

Some finish in Towney, looked like Kilcar were going to run away with it.

Tight refereeing today in Magheragallon.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

Tight refereeing today in Magheragallon.

Sounds like the home team got lucky according to radio

• Advertisement

Looks like a St Eunans v Naomh Conaill final if they can avoid each other in the semi finals.

Mind you, Gaoth Dobhair were missing MacNiallais today but reported that Carroll has walked away.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Looks like a St Eunans v Naomh Conaill final if they can avoid each other in the semi finals.

Apparently not.

Gaoth Dobhair won’t win their next match. Think they were saved today by the referee. They are ripe for the picking and I think Kilcar will beat them by 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

Gaoth Dobhair won’t win their next match. Think they were saved today by the referee. They are ripe for the picking and I think Kilcar will beat them by 5/6.

Good call Doc ..looks like Michael Boyle was the glue that held them together
    Who will will between Eunans & Naomh Conaill?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭RMDrive

What had Eamon so annoyed with Paddy afterwards?

Didn't expect to see Carroll playing yesterday.

Was MacNiallais playing?

Have bought a ticket for the match later, should be decent but not sure on conditions.

Murphy14 wrote: »
    Good call Doc ..looks like Michael Boyle was the glue that held them together
    Who will will between Eunans & Naomh Conaill?

Naomh Conaill is what I would have said yesterday. But they were so lucky. Was a point from Kavanaugh, I was right behind it. And referee gave a free out initially for the goal but then bizarrely changed his mind.

The final is a toss up. Hard to call. Think maybe Kilcar.

Unless Kilcar come flying out of the blocks can see Naomh Conaill grinding it out.

Yeah, I don’t think anyone will get out of any traps! Remember 2017? Am absolute stinker, worst county final I’ve been at. A point apiece in the second half? GUBU

So, Ballybofey 1 November at 1.30pm for the big one.

No Ulster Final in Clones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

So, Ballybofey 1 November at 1.30pm for the big one.

No Ulster Final in Clones.

Its amazing that there are no floodlights in the premier ground in Ulster, I never thought about that before. Still though, with no crowds, they could play it anywhere

Its amazing that there are no floodlights in the premier ground in Ulster, I never thought about that before. Still though, with no crowds, they could play it anywhere

When flood lights were installed in the rest of the grounds in Ulster the plan to rebuild casement was being formulated. So in order to give it the best chance of success they have been ignoring Clones, making it less of an attractive option. They don’t even have ball stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Game off, a kilcar player has tested positive for Covid, The chairman of Kilcar has confirmed it to the Donegal Democrat

game back on, an absolutely crazy decision!

Game not being televised so I guess I'll stream, quality was decent the last day.

Can only assume it is a marginal Kilcar player if they aren't looking to postpone?

Game not being televised so I guess I'll stream, quality was decent the last day.

Can only assume it is a marginal Kilcar player if they aren't looking to postpone?

its not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

My initial thought was it was one of the lads in the county scene (i.e. the one who tested positive at the weekend)

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    My initial thought was it was one of the lads in the county scene (i.e. the one who tested positive at the weekend)

Thought the County Finalists weren't joining up with the panel until after the Final?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Thought the County Finalists weren't joining up with the panel until after the Final?

That's a good point, I may have been putting 2 and 2 together = 5 there!

• Advertisement

its not

I might have seen a surname. Not marginal. But possibly not on County panel. Anyway, can't be speculating unless it's been made public.

Advertisement