Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smart thermostat

Options
  • 31-07-2020 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a 2 channel Horstmann thermostat that needs to be changed out as it’s 12 years old and display is not clear.
    We have a separate underfloor heating system but I’m looking for something to control upstairs rads and hot water.

Can anyone offer recommendations?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Hive

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭trevm

DGOBS wrote: »
    Hive

Heatmiser

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hive

Give looks good and easy to use. I’ll need to get someone local here in Galway to install it though as I don’t think they offer installation here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Installation is as simple as installing any timer for your heating, so any installer should be able (and once the wiring is done, just follow the instructions to link up with your phone/app etc)

Installation is as simple as installing any timer for your heating, so any installer should be able (and once the wiring is done, just follow the instructions to link up with your phone/app etc)

Thanks a million. Ill start looking around today for the best place to buy one

• Advertisement

Anyone know the best place to get one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Deanicus

Tado is another option

You give them the model you have and they provide wiring instructions

However they now charge a monthly fee for some of their more clever features such as geofencing etc but it's worth looking into if you want to do it yourself as it is quite easy with their instructions

Advertisement