Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

where is the best place to buy a bench and some dumbbells

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ju_Ju

Did you ring them?

Yes, number is on their Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ju_Ju wrote: »
    Yes, number is on their Facebook page.

Thanks, had sent a message on Facebook and got nothing back, might give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fminus

Just ordered this now ,free delivery which is amazing.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B087TLQVH3/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Doubt I'll be regular gym goer for a while untill it's back to full normality,can't be dealing with the lack of freedom to move around,just me.

Just wondering - have you received this rack yet? And If so, what do you think of it?

It looks great for the price and I'm thinking of ordering it myself. Half expecting any order to be cancelled due to the high cost of international shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

fminus wrote: »
    Just wondering - have you received this rack yet? And If so, what do you think of it?

It looks great for the price and I'm thinking of ordering it myself. Half expecting any order to be cancelled due to the high cost of international shipping

Just ordered one myself now and it's giving a delivery estimate of 15th -23rd July. I'll stick up a post when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

It's getting closer to August and I'm thinking of placing an order from D8 Fitness. Seems like they've stock (kettlebells etc) being delivered in August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Mwengwe wrote: »
    It's getting closer to August and I'm thinking of placing an order from D8 Fitness. Seems like they've stock (kettlebells etc) being delivered in August.

I can recommend D8. I got my home gym stuff there just before lockdown. It was a bit of a hectic time for them, but they were professional and nice to to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,489 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Well, the pullup station I ordered over two months ago finally arrived... almost two weeks after gyms reopened. Typical

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Chiorino wrote: »
    Just ordered one myself now and it's giving a delivery estimate of 15th -23rd July. I'll stick up a post when it arrives.

And arrived yesterday evening, can't argue with that timescale one bit.

Want a simple pair of 10kg dumbells in case any of you come across some

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

fminus wrote: »

sorry for delay, i find it very good for what i paid, took me 90 mins by myself to put it all together,instructions in German of course, i used a app to translate the text for the initial start off,the instructions are easy enough follow,by numbers mainly.

a wrench and a impact wrench gun i used to assemble,17 + 18 if memory serves me right. using mainly for rows ,triceps, and minor work as im waiting for a 7ft olympic bar at start of nxt month to start off squats.

noob to squats so ill use bar for a while and progress to plates on after a bit.

i had some stack weights from a multi function machine ,the flat ones,and they fit on the bar for doing lat pull downs etc,which is handy.

edit . delivery by GLS, left it in rear open shed for me which was great. and delivered as stated in timeframe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Just got 75kg and a bar on Argos for 117 euro delivered, delivery in 2-3 wks,might suit some,great price if you want xtra weight, albeit not Olympic sized

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Awesome, I just nabbed one too. Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Why is the Argos website still so horrendous?

Anyone know of anywhere that has a squat rack, incline bench and barbell in stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

DareGod wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere that has a squat rack, incline bench and barbell in stock?

I got a few plates from this crowd in the UK a while back. They deliver to Ireland and also restock items quickly.

https://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/

Also, came across a bar in O Callaghan Leisure in Cork.

https://ocallaghanleisure.com/

Bars also coming back into stock at McSport.

https://www.mcsport.ie/

You might find a few things there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Why is the Argos website still so horrendous?

They are stopping giving out the thick catalogues, hopefully they can put a bit of cash towards the website. A tenner paid to a secondary school programmer would massively improve it!

Ended up buying this squat rack on ebay for €130 incl delivery.

https://m.ebay.ie/itm/SQUAT-RACK-STANDS-ADJUSTABLE-BENCH-PRESS-BARBELL-WEIGHT-LIFTING-UK-STOCK/112399979943

Every other website is out of stock of pretty much everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Ended up buying this squat rack on ebay for €130 incl delivery.

https://m.ebay.ie/itm/SQUAT-RACK-STANDS-ADJUSTABLE-BENCH-PRESS-BARBELL-WEIGHT-LIFTING-UK-STOCK/112399979943

Every other website is out of stock of pretty much everything.

Looking at this one myself, could you let me know are you happy with it? Also what was delivery cost?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Strength Shop UK has got several racks and bench combinations up for pre-order now - shipping September 25th.

I've fitted out a work gym with their stuff before and although quality control is the same gamble as it is with any Chinese made imported gym gear I think I would buy from them over the other lower end Amazon type sellers.

My current flat bench at home is from Strength Shop and it's 100%.

If anyone is after bars and are prepared to pay for a quality product then Elite FTS UK has their Iron Cowboy power bar in stock (Yes, yes, it is expensive).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Anyone see the Dublin Dumbbell Company on Instagram? Pair of 25s for 135e but they look to be solid quality.

Is this worth the money or would I find cheaper online that would suit just as well? I'm looking for sets 15 up to 30kg.

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Anyone see the Dublin Dumbbell Company on Instagram? Pair of 25s for 135e but they look to be solid quality.

Is this worth the money or would I find cheaper online that would suit just as well? I'm looking for sets 15 up to 30kg.

Hard to tell from the photos but the finish looks better than some UK made industrial style gear I've seen popping up.

The obvious and clear advantage is that these are available now compared to the fact that all the Chinese made hex dumbbells are either out of stock or on pre-order only.

If I had time to wait, then I would probably prefer to get Chinese made hex dumbbells from the likes of Strength Shop, Rogue, Blk Box etc (I'm convinced these hex dumbbells all come from the same factory in China, by the way). With the hex dumbbells you get knurling, certainty that there are no sharp edges or welds that are going to irritate you, and slightly more compact design that could mean better range of motion on some movements. There's no real difference in the price from what I can see, or not enough to make it a factor.

Not sure which would be more accurate in terms of weight (maybe the fabricated ones, funnily enough), but with dumbbells it's not massively important anyway.

But, as I said, in the middle of a lockdown or equipment drought then availability is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I ordered a bench, rack, bar and weights from Gymless (on Adverts) on Tuesday and the stuff that was in stock was here by lunch on Wednesday.

Seems like good quality and wasn't too expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Essien wrote: »
    I ordered a bench, rack, bar and weights from Gymless (on Adverts) on Tuesday and the stuff that was in stock was here by lunch on Wednesday.

Seems like good quality and wasn't too expensive either.

Yeah I found them good to deal with with the stuff I got off them

Who would drop one of these at the end of your garden..?

https://www.blkboxfitness.com/products/blk-box-container

To be honest I'm not that sold on the 'indoor storage, outdoor training' model. In an Irish climate? That sounds miserable for about 7 months of the year.

I'd be curious on the price point.

A double insulated sizeable block shed to put a gym in, with electricity, could be 15-20k. Wonder what they are selling these and the 20ft container for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Who would drop one of these at the end of your garden..?

https://www.blkboxfitness.com/products/blk-box-container

To be honest I'm not that sold on the 'indoor storage, outdoor training' model. In an Irish climate? That sounds miserable for about 7 months of the year.

I'd be curious on the price point.

A double insulated sizeable block shed to put a gym in, with electricity, could be 15-20k. Wonder what they are selling these and the 20ft container for?

Be at least 10k I would say

Irishman80 wrote: »
    I got a few plates from this crowd in the UK a while back. They deliver to Ireland and also restock items quickly.

https://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/

Also, came across a bar in O Callaghan Leisure in Cork.

https://ocallaghanleisure.com/

Bars also coming back into stock at McSport.

https://www.mcsport.ie/

You might find a few things there.

Trying to order on fitness superstore and having issues with their address entry system. It doesn't seem to like the Irish addresses and won't let me go further as it can't calculate delivery.

Trying to order on fitness superstore and having issues with their address entry system. It doesn't seem to like the Irish addresses and won't let me go further as it can't calculate delivery.

Just had a look there myself. It is still accepting my address if I want to buy from them. I’m living in a rural area in the South also.

There is a live chat button on their website. They might be able to help you with the issue.

Irishman80 wrote: »
    Just had a look there myself. It is still accepting my address if I want to buy from them. I’m living in a rural area in the South also.

There is a live chat button on their website. They might be able to help you with the issue.

Got sorted, thanks. Do you remember what your delivery time was like?

• Advertisement

Got sorted, thanks. Do you remember what your delivery time was like?

From what I remember, it was about a week. Once it's dispatched, they send an email with information.

If you are buying a barbell from them, you may need to buy the collars separately. Depends on the bar I think. It should say on the description if collars are needed to be bought.

Advertisement