Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bit confused

Didn't Sinn Féin win the most seats in the latest general election ??? So should mary lou not be leader of the country

In order to be the leader, you need to command the confidence of a majority of the government.

While SF won the most seats as an individual party, the party only won 24% of the seats. Which means there’s 76% of the government not backing her. And she wasn’t able to strike a deal with another party to get that confidence.

FF, FG and the Greens have about 51% of the votes between them, so by striking a deal and forming a coalition, they have a group that commands a majority of confidence. Since Martin is the wander of the party with the largest vote share within that group, he becomes leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,930 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It took a few recounts for Martin to get in his own constituency in Cork and now the FF leader Mr. Burns is finally Taoiseach :p

I didn't vote for them but I think FG did well during the covid pandemic, I'd say Leo will try for a Europe less hassle job so he and also Eamon Ryan might not get a chance at Taoiseach rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

out of all the big clubs its up to Spurs to win the premier league now

Leeds and Sunderland once big clubs but 1 slowly getting back with the other trying to gain fame from Netflix (loved the series tbh)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm running a tournament to find the best football crest in the world. Pop in and take part lads, group stages are over and we're into the knockouts!

The Ultimate Football Crest Tournament: Europe vs Rest of the World

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I was watching some Seinfeld and I really enjoyed the banter in this scene. It perfectly encapsulates the show's insightful conversation into the really, really trivial things in life :pac: The premise is that Jerry got a date from this girl, who wore the same outfit.

ObeDwC4.jpg

GEORGE: The same outfit?
    JERRY: The exact same outfit.
    G: How many days was it between encounters?
    J: Three.
    G: Three days. Well, maybe you caught her on the cusp of a new wash cycle. You know, she did laundry the day after she met you, everything got clean and she started all over again.
    J: Possibly, but then shouldn't the outfit only reappear again at the end of the cycle?
    G: Maybe she moved it up in the rotation.
    J: Why? It's our first date, she's already in reruns?

• Advertisement

Kanye running for president

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cases of the bubonic plague have now been found in China.

The Black Death returns.

2020 can fcuk right off with this ****.

Cases of the bubonic plague have now been found in China.

The Black Death returns.

What else can 2020 deliver

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What else can 2020 deliver

Alien invasion
    Crab people finally revealed
    The fall of a massive Civilization

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Alien invasion
    Crab people finally revealed
    The fall of a massive Civilization

I think we might actually be watching that happen to America before our very eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lads don't go tempting fate with 2020 please :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Mayo winning the All Ireland.

The year they finally become the Bride, and not the Bridesmaid :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Went to the zoo this morning.

By far the weirdest experience I’ve had in the zoo. It was our first trip outside 5km of our house since March. They’ve loads of fencing up and you’re kept to a one way path. And it was absolutely pissing rain all day.

But it was fascinating. It felt practically empty and everyone there was staying super far apart (mostly). So it was great getting right up along the rails with no pushing and shoving. Usually the zoo is so busy it’s hard to get a moments peace, but it was such a tranquil walk around it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sounds pretty....peaceful (although Silent Hill-like eerie!)

that's so weird, Jeavons just posted a video on being socially distant at the zoo today

Sorry guys if in the wrong place, just looking for some advice

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058093571/1/#post113969075

Really not looking to buy online and hopefully can get it locally in Dublin. Just looking for the minimum specs to play FM 2020.

Anything between E500 - E700 that can be got in Argos, PC World, Curries etc

Thanks for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Try making soup out of those!

I can see the spin off now - ManBat

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Try making soup out of those!

I can see the spin off now - ManBat

Keep it PC

BatPerson or PersonBat

The late George Carlin said it best about political correctness.
    Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be manners.

• Advertisement

RIP Jack Charlton, brought happy moments to the nation never to be reached again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

https://twitter.com/MR10__x/status/1283496549453045765

Not a crossover I was expecting :pac:

Someone at Arsenal clearly love some Motorhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭kksaints

Angron wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MR10__x/status/1283496549453045765

Not a crossover I was expecting :pac:

Its just missing someone on the pitch spitting out water.

Leeds back in the big time, West Brom going up too i think. Promotion is the main thing and Championship cup is prob a bit of an after thought

The playoffs are one the best things in football, very passionable

Last time Leeds were in the Premier League. Arsenal completed their Invincible season, Lionel Messi debuted for Barcelona, Porto won the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looks like we're getting the issue again of old posts showing as new. Like clicking the latest posts icon for AEW occasionally brings me to a post from Saturday.
    I like Zack Ryder, but there's only so many times I can see thebostoncrab's writeup about him. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That’s been happening a lot for me the last month also skipping to first page from years ago

Boards under attack again, it's getting very frustrating as constant issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm running a flags of Europe's subdivisons tournament folks. Click here if you fancy taking part!

Advertisement