Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Discussion Primary Schools return to school roadmap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

What do people think of the roadmap? Realistic and safe? What other things would you like that aren't really provided for?

I know in our school we have been given the option to get perspex screens around our desks and most of us are taking tip that option. Talk of implementation of compulsory thermoscanning of staff and children's temperature at the start of the day as we/they enter and also before lunch break.

What are your school proposing that is outside the box?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

What do people think of the roadmap? Realistic and safe? What other things would you like that aren't really provided for?

I know in our school we have been given the option to get perspex screens around our desks and most of us are taking tip that option. Talk of implementation of compulsory thermoscanning of staff and children's temperature at the start of the day as we/they enter and also before lunch break.

What are your school proposing that is outside the box?

Perspex only slightly useful, considering it is now airborne. I’m going to be wearing a mask and a visor .

Who will supervise the temperature scanning and what about those children who parents give them Calpol and send the child in anyhow ?

I’m particularly concerned about the lines that say the special education teachers will be plugging subbing gaps. I don’t think parents realise this and think that there are loads of subs just twiddling their thumbs waiting for a phone call .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Perspex only slightly useful, considering it is now airborne. I’m going to be wearing a mask and a visor .

Who will supervise the temperature scanning and what about those children who parents give them Calpol and send the child in anyhow ?

I’m particularly concerned about the lines that say the special education teachers will be plugging subbing gaps. I don’t think parents realise this and think that there are loads of subs just twiddling their thumbs waiting for a phone call .

I'm taking the perspex because the offer was there. If I didn't now and looked for it later the offer mightn't be still on the table.

We are doing the temp scanning ourselves for our own classes. As regards Calpol, sure that has been the drug of choice for some parents for quite a while 😂

And SET have been plugging holes for years and years but a blind eye has been turned to it. This document more or less regularises it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

I feel the worst is yet to come. What is expected of pupils and teachers goes against everything else that is expected in society right now. I think whether the pubs open or not on the 10th August will have a bearing on what will happen in schools.

The fact that the department has written in the guidelines that it is not airborne leaves a lot to be desired! It feels that Primary schools have been really left worse off in this pandemic and 'off ye go, sort it out yourselves' attitude. I actually thought that something would be done in terms of the pupil teacher ratio but how naive of me was that, or even actual additional teachers. The supply panel isn't going to do a thing!

I am going to be doing a walk through in the school during the week to see what can and can't be done and make a plan from there! It was interesting watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlCq6TXqJSU the other day. Fair play for getting the school organised so quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

http://https://www.businessinsider.com/almost-half-of-kids-counselors-got-coronavirus-at-georgia-camp-2020-7?r=US&IR=T

No plans in our school as yet.... the above article makes for interesting reading tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Murple

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058100953

Another similar thread running. Maybe mods could merge as useful info in each?

Advertisement