Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Book on recent Irish History

• 16-07-2020 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

Hi one and all, first post here and no idea if it's appropiate or should be moved to a history forum instead?

Anyway, I want to brush up on Irish history, specifically the formation of the Irish state from home rule right up until Irish independence.

But the thing is, I'm looking for a streamlined book as I have good knowledge in it already but I want to know more about seminal events, focus on key characters and trim alot of the fat.

Essentially looking for the "Essential guide" on the history of the formation of the state. Anyone have any book suggestions along these lines?

Advertisement