Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Classic

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

Haven't got back into this but wanted to read what people think of it and decided to go to the first thread on this forum and i'm the second person to comment :D oh the memories!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mod Note:

Lone Stone: Cut out the backseat modding.

Nix and Milena Mango Splendor, can you please keep any discussion civil from this point on of there will be repercussions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Really enjoying it after so long, the nostalgia is real, memories everywhere i go in the world.
    Its a much more immersive experience than live wow, flying killed so much of the game.

• My brother, a friend from vanilla, and I all needed to kill a named mob in The Barrens. We eventually tracked him down, but there were already two people waiting there at his still-visible corpse and more people arriving behind us. We invited both to our group, one (a mage) accepted. 9 minutes later the mob finally spawned only to be ninjaed by a solo druid. Another 10 minutes or so later, Kreenig respawned and a second party tagged him because our only party member with an instant cast was rolling a fag.

Finally, after 30 mins, we got the kill.

We spent the entire 30 mins talking to the people around us, the mage added my real ID and we're bringing him through RFC this evening.

Maundering on about poor drop rates is entirely missing the point of what people liked about classic. Most of my friends from classic were people I met questing and forming groups for 5mans. Those things were necessary because both were difficult & time consuming, gave you reason to talk to the people around you, and gave you an opportunity to befriend people by showing that you're a decent & pleasant player.

That's exactly what all the people who have spent years clamouring for official vanilla servers have been asking for, and it's what Blizzard have promised in every communication.

Fair ****s to them, they've delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

All my old guildies are currently playing classic, it's really cool to see on Battle.net.
    The memories of exploring barrens and skinning animals as rogue are my best gaming experience, i was just in awe of the sheer size of the game. I fondly remember meeting my future guild mates that would span a 10 year friendship.

That was what mmo's were all about, meeting and talking to other people then exploring it together, not the circus it turned into after wotlk.
    This is real positive step and i'm interested to see what Blizzard does next seeing as this seems to be a hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

So far i tried a rogue and hunter both to 14 on horde but i think i might switch over to alliance for a change hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

KilOit wrote: »
    All my old guildies are currently playing classic, it's really cool to see on Battle.net.
    The memories of exploring barrens and skinning animals as rogue are my best gaming experience, i was just in awe of the sheer size of the game. I fondly remember meeting my future guild mates that would span a 10 year friendship.

That was what mmo's were all about, meeting and talking to other people then exploring it together, not the circus it turned into after wotlk.
    This is real positive step and i'm interested to see what Blizzard does next seeing as this seems to be a hit.

100%. Been gaming with some guys lately that I haven't seen on WoW in probably 5 years, and it's been awesome. We've even recreated our old guild. Just like revisiting old times!

Hoping that if this is a success, they might progress into the Burning Crusade. I suppose it depends on how much energy Blizzard wants to put into this considering they're still rolling on with new expansions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

so i broke my new pc trying to put it in a different case so im back to playing legit on a potato laptop im hard core classic

Advertisement